It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC Metro Ad - "Go to Hell Barack"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by cuervo

You ever been to a VA (government run) hospital?

Not all that nice, actually.

How long has it been since you've been to one? They are beating private hospitals in quality since about 2006.

I don't have first hand knowledge so there is probably more to it but there are quite a few advocates for the VA model of healthcare. Like these guys.

The capitalist way of looking at human life as something to be traded on the stock floor is wrong. Obama's compromise is wrong. There is an answer out there. Maybe America will pioneer a hybrid someday that others will adopt.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Negative campaigning works when you attack the issues.

When you start attacking the person, people get really turned off by it.

Even people who disagree with Obama will start to distance themselves from things like this. No, they may not turn around and vote for Obama...but they may just be turned off of the whole process and stay home. For someone who was going to vote against Obama, staying home is a win for Obama.

People who support Obama, this ad will just increase their support and commitment.

People who hate Obama, this ad will tickle their ego and they will be all giddy over it.

People who are on the fence but leaning towards Obama, ads like this may push them to support just because of the disdain from those attacking him.

People who are on the fence but leaning away from Obama, ads like this may push them to just call it quits on politics because they don't like the ugliness of it.

I really doubt someone is going to say "Oh look...someone is telling our President to go to hell...I wasn't sure if I was going to vote against Obama...but since someone is expressing so much hatred and vitriol towards him...I'm totally against him too.".

But think what you will...everytime I see a hate filled anti-Obama ad...it brings a smile to my face...and I'm an Obama supporter.
edit on 2-3-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I can testify to that. My Mom worked in medical records for the VA for over 40 years. I grew up at the VA in Virginia, Fort Lee and McGuire. Back in the 70's and 80's McGuire smelled like Piss from the time you walked in the door till you left. Disquisting. I had quite a few friends that worked at McGuire. They all hated it. They only loved the pay and that's why they stayed. Me on the other hand I would rather own my own business.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuervo

How long has it been since you've been to one? They are beating private hospitals in quality since about 2006.

Last week, though it is nicer than most.

I don't have first hand knowledge so there is probably more to it but there are quite a few advocates for the VA model of healthcare. Like these guys.

There may be advocates, but I doubt many are vets.

The capitalist way of looking at human life as something to be traded on the stock floor is wrong. Obama's compromise is wrong. There is an answer out there. Maybe America will pioneer a hybrid someday that others will adopt.

Agreed. Healthcare should be a personal issue. Not a corporate, not a government one.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
[
It's protected free speech. But is it something Americans should be doing to a POTUS?

edit on 3/2/2012 by FlyersFan because: add sentence

By "Americans"...you mean specifically Logan D. Clemons who owns Freestar Media and is trying to sell what I have to guess is a pretty low production value "movie" online for $15 bucks?

Or...for just $495 dolalrs (Normally $1000) you can buy 100 dvds and charge people to see it!

The Obama-ectomy Screening Package

1. 100 DVDs to resell.
2. License to screen movie 4 times and keep the ticket sales!

www.sickandsickermovie.com...

Sorry...Having a hard time taking this seriously.

Can Americans say what they want about the President? Sure...

Can a specific American try and make a buck by getting free PR by saying obnoxious stuff in an Ad where he scraped up enough money to buy one part time digital billboard at one DC train station? Sure..

Free speech meet money...money..free speech.

Of course he has a right to do it, like Orly or Sheriff Joe collecting donations to "Save America"..

To me it just feels creepy and greedy.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

From your link:

Vets still gripe about wading through red tape for treatment. Some 11,000 have been waiting 30 days or more for their first appointment. The Iraq and Afghanistan wars could stress the system, although for the moment VA officials say the agency can accommodate the new patients. That's because older vets, especially those from the World War II and Korean War eras, are dying of natural causes at the rate of about 600,000 a year, whereas the Iraq and Afghanistan wars have so far created a little more than 550,000 new vets.

I really don't give Time Magazine the Time of Day....

I will agree it''s gotten better Thank God but I wouldn't go as far as saying better than all private hospitals. I guess it depends on which private hospitals your comparing.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

No more creepier than Media Matters and Mr. George Soros.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
reply to post by Indigo5

No more creepier than Media Matters and Mr. George Soros.

Niether of which are asking folks to purchase movies or simply give money to thier private "I hate GOP" fund via paypal.

Maybe check out Freestar media's store from the ad...You can even buy t-shirts.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Free speech is free speech even when we don't like what's being said. This right is especially important regarding any elected official. They forgot who pays their salaries.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Well, to be honest, he is lucky we live in the times we do now. I mean, well, when the leader of a republic tried to "cease" complete control over the senate, and take and exercise more power than his position held granted him, well, his last words were "et tu, brute?" So, given the times then versus current times, I'd say he is getting over pretty easy with only a few slanderous posters, and outspoken individuals. (note: before you flame this, this isn't me saying what should or should not happen to him, just merely pointing out the fact that back then, people did much more for lesser acts)

edit on 3-3-2012 by resist2012 because: change

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
When you start attacking the person, people get really turned off by it.

Says the guy that runs around saying false negative things about conservatives, all the while chatting up the liberal view point. Seriously ... if you really believe that people get turned off by stating absurd negativities .. you might want to start following your own advice. Thread example

These ads being discussed are on the walls of the DC metro.
DC is very democrat and has a black population of over 50%.
(95% of the black population voted for Obama in 2012)
They are entrenched O-bots already.
These ads will do nothing to change peoples minds one way or the other.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

These ads will do nothing to change peoples minds one way or the other.

Theya re not meant to. They are meant to sell this guys "movie" over the internet.

It isn't a political advertisement, it is a commercial one.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by cuervo

You ever been to a VA (government run) hospital?

Not all that nice, actually.

Actually my dad prefers going to the VA over privately run hospitals. They don't keep him waiting for an hour or more for his appointment and actually listen when he tells them when he doesn't feel something is right.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by FlyersFan

These ads are what will help Obama win a second term

All they are doing is creating sympathy for Obama...and they don't even know it. The more you guys focus on absolutely hating and outright disgusting acts...the more support Obama will recieve.

Keep it up Obama haters...you are pushing him right back into the White House.

Were you talking about Obama's hating and disgusting acts? Because those are certainly what we need to focus on to get him fired.

/TOA

top topics

<< 1   >>

join