It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was arrested the head of Greeks Anonymous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Was arrested the head of Greeks Anonymous

babelfish.yahoo.com

Only Thursday the police officers scanned 7 houses in Athens, Tripoli, Nauplium, Katerini and Chalcis.

It resulted that: this individuals had invade [diadiktyaka] in the web page of Ministry of Justice, PROTON Bank, Bank Piraeus, Greek Bank and Olympic Airways. [S].[A].

18 hard disks, 5 portable computers, 4 router, 2 server, 7 usb stick, many cd and enough handwritten notes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The yahoo translation is very dodgy but then again it is yahoo but you can more less make out what they have posted up. So out of several hundred who are known from the scene they apparently arrested the head of the G.H.S. that is in a total of 2 adults and 2 minors.

So hey... i guess that's the end of Anon in Greece....

Original Article here in Greek, if anyone has descent translator then please post up. www.thestival.gr...

babelfish.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-3-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I've been telling you people for months...

If you hear about them being an Anon, they aren't the Anons that the police-states are looking for.

These are simply excuses for stealing and selling computer equipment a la Drug Seizure laws...

This has nothing to do with arresting "heads of Anonymous", and more to do with arresting anyone with enough computer equipment.

I'm reading the article now but what is "scanning houses"?

Looking for heat signatures?

Hell, if they flew over my house it would light up like Chernobyl....

Edit:

After reading a better source than yours, nothing in the article said "Anonymous" anywhere in it. They were members of the GHS as you stated... the Greek Hacking Scene.

More people blowing news out of proportion...
edit on 2-3-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

Here is the link to the original title

www.thestival.gr...

and the title reads

Συνελήφθη ο "αρχηγός" των Ελλήνων "Anonymous"

Correct Translation

Leader of Anonymous in Greece has been Arrested

Scanning, yes its an updated version of the black box that the boys from the nsa gave as a gift to greece a while ago. It more or less scans multiple incoming/outgoing cell/terrestrial / simultaneous electronic email scanning via all isp's to geo location of house ( connection or wifi upto several hundred meters ). Its what you would call a jack of all trades that little box. If you want to see this box in action is when riots are erupting in athens and as riots they move from street to street then you can see it by sweeping the streets and simply knocking off line all cell reception according to movements within ongoing riots.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

If a title read "Iraq WMDs finally discovered in Baghdad" would you believe it?

It's a news agency, the bigger and flashier the title... the more hits they get... and Anonymous is a pretty popular topic right now.

Again, I read the whole article, and it said nothing about the kids being Anons, simply that Anons were backing them up after their arrest.

We need someone who can translate, because this original article is all Greek to me...

And again...

If they weren't smart enough to hide their actions, these aren't the people they are actually looking for.

More fake-reports to stir-up internet traffic.

Hell I am starting to think they are arresting innocent people just to get Anon to respond and to try to track the responses.

Edit:

Nah you are right... a 16, a 17, and an 18 year old surely must be the "heads of Anon in Greece".

Seriously?

Read the article man...

Edit Edit:

Still starred you for posting this for discussion. Even exaggerated news is still news.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
lll find you another article that anon from within greece speaks in their defence stating that they are not part of the network. Then again, who ever said that there was a network based on criteria or a bio.

As for who those four are, well yes, i kinda know of their background not as individual's but as in the region that they originate from. As for translating the article, let me do this for you as i am fluent in that language. Allow me 5mins to type it up and ill re post it.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Sounds more like you don't want to hear these hacker terrorists are being brought to justice.

None of these clowns are hardened. Criminals, yes, but not hardened. They will squeal who the other members are and eventually it will all fall like a house of cards.

2 years in prison plus 100 hours of manual labor community service for every hour they were involved and no electronics ownership and/or usage for 5 years.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Translated Article from the following source:
Greek-English

The head of Anonymous within Greece has been arrested.

The head of the Greek Hacking Scene (G.H.S.) and two other members have been arrested by the
Electronic Crimes Unit after a 3 month investigation via tracing their electronic fingerprints.
Amongst the arrested there are 2 adults and 2 minors.

The authorities requested that the privacy laws which protect the citizens be lifted and in doing
so they managed to find and track their digital finger prints resulting in locating three out of the
four who are members of the G.H.S and as for the fourth member, there is an ongoing investigation regarding into his cyber activities.

On Thurday, the police scanned 7 housed in total that were spread within Athens , Tripoli, Nafplio, Katerini and Halkida resulting seizures of 18 hdd, 5 laptops, 4 routers, 2servers, 7 usb sticks, a large number of cd's and a large number of hand written notes.

The investigation along with the seizures has turned that the people held in custody did break into
the web site of "Ministry of Justice", PROTOBANK, Bank of Piraeus , Greek Bank and O.A.S.A

Also to note that out of the four arrested one has taken responsibility for the cyber attack
on the Greek Parliament website.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattNC
Sounds more like you don't want to hear these hacker terrorists are being brought to justice.

None of these clowns are hardened. Criminals, yes, but not hardened. They will squeal who the other members are and eventually it will all fall like a house of cards.

2 years in prison plus 100 hours of manual labor community service for every hour they were involved and no electronics ownership and/or usage for 5 years.

I am in my mid-30's... I have been in the ISO scene for years and have contracted for the DoD as a network and operations analyst.

These kids are not "hacker terrorists".

They wouldn't know a TCP sequentially forced packet if it slapped them in their mullet.

I could care less about Anon's news, or lack-there-of. I could care less whether we ever hear the term "Anonymous" again for that matter. Hacking didn't start with the invention of the term "Anon".

The people with real skills don't pop their heads up to DDoS a website. They don't brute force an admin account.

And they sure as hell don't leave digital fingerprints of their actions.

Deny ignorance, people.

Edit: and in your translation, nothing said anything about anonymous except for the title. Go ahead, read it again.

Like I said, I could care less about the Anon kids... I am just trying to get your news stated correctly instead of blowing up an exaggerated news story.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

I translated the article, the article reads as you pointed out, the term Anon being used in its heading. Given as the article reads that ownership of one of the sites that was broken into and was uploaded with Anon images then its obviously what the article is pointing to.

ie.

I comprised a said site and i uploaded anon images and was later arrested, then i to would be branded as part of the anon network. Its pretty straight forward.

new topics

top topics

join