It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last contact[CWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
My name is T'Leya of the planet Sauritan.This is my last entry before we reach our final destination,to our new home or better to our new prison.

I work in the academy of the capital city of Sauritan,in the department of Astronomy.For years we debated with the older professors about life in the universe.They were stuck in the old ways and we,the new generation,trying to prove our point,but with no luck so far.
Space travel is forbidden by our tradition.We were watching the skies and we sent messages to anyone that was willing to listen.We had no luck ,until the last allignment of our moons.

Ancient tales talk of our holy ancestors that were born on a different place.Then a great destruction and a war with the other inhabitants,made them leave the planet.When they arrived on Sauritan they destroyed all the ships and every knowledge of space travel and technology,as well as any information about the place of origin.They made laws that made everything,even the discussion about space travel,illegal.
Of course after all those milleniums things were quite loose.The old ways and laws,although never forgotten,they were given us windows to develop theories about outer space.

In the last allignment of the moons,which considered sacred among my people,we received a very unusual message.The origin,according to our calculations ,was near our planet.After days of decoding and cooperation with the biggest minds of Sauritan,we managed to read what it said:

"We are the crew of the starship Witch Star.We are from the planet Earth and we ask permission to land to your planet and start diplomatic relations with your species.If you are willing to meet with us,we are expecting an answer with the landing coordinates ."

Noone could believe their eyes.The matter went to the high commander and although the old laws would prevent us from such a contact,everyone was so excited that the answer was affirmative,without much thinking.

The landing of the great starship was to take place within the next two cycles of the sun.The entire planet was to meet for the first time with inhabitants of a far unknown planet.Speculations about how they look like and what were their intentions were the only thing people were talking about.

The only ones that seemed to worry about our visitors were some clans of the Sauritans,that still followed the old laws to the letter and it was said that they possessed all the knowledge of our ancestors.They were the only ones that refused to be present at the welcoming gathering.They were the only ones that started talking about the ancient enemy and they were prepared to fight our new friends.

When the shuttles(as they called them) landed and the people of Earth came off them,we were surprised to see that apart from the color of their skin,we weren't that different.We could understand each other with a help of a machine that translated our words.But their reaction to us was slightly different than we expected.One of them whispered "Damn Captain they are lizards,we found them".

Although there was a strange sense in the air we started exchanging information about our planets,the technology and cultures.Every smile faded from our faces when they started telling us about some ancient writings they discovered in a place that until recently existed only in the myths of Earth.They called the place Lemuria.

According to the scrolls in the beginning there were two species that were inhabiting the planet.The humans and the reptilians.The reptilians were very technologiacally advanced and they used humans as slaves.But slaves revolted and a great war came upon the world.The humans had stolen weapons and technology and they managed to drive the reptilians off the planet.
Mileniums passed and the memories faded.Myths were created and those were forgotten too.But deep inside every human feared and hated the reptilians.

When they discovered the ancient continent,their technology was again to a point that they could travel to the stars.So they decided to find the long,lost race.

And they found us.

It was easy to see the hatred in their eyes.With the press of a button and only one word the sky filled with small ships.The Captain told us that we had two choises.Follw them peacefully or his ships would destroy everything on the planet.To prove his point he ordered his ships to fire upon the most important monuments and destroy them.

We didn't stand a chance.One by one our great cities emptied and the citizents were transferred aboard the starships.They were more than one.As we were informed we are going to see the planet of our ancestors and experience what the humans had to go through for centuries,when our ancestors ruled the planet.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Good short story, I enjoyed it very much.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I've seen this show before, Battlestar Gallactica. Very, very good!!!

Your short story is good as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Samsquanch

Thank you.

reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I have seen only a few episodes of Battlestar Galactica,so i don't know the main story line.
Anyway i'm glad you liked it.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Good idea for a story line.
I've read stories that are similar, you could easily expand this one out.
I'd be interested in reading it.

I have a few submissions here. feel free to give them a look.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Good ideas!

Sort of reminded me of "Avatar"a bit-they way the aliens were doing just fine until we come along with our war mongering ways...

Maybe if you make a part 2,the reptilians would revolt,and either take back their home planet,or capture some of the starships en route to earth??

Nice one!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

I'll try to write a part 2 on the story.
I was thinking to write a second story,completely different.

reply to post by Silcone Synapse

It's obvious i don't like humans very much,but the lizards are no angels.I'll start working on the idea soon.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Sounds good for part 2,but maybe try to add a few good Humans into the mix as well I reckon-not all are bad.
As for the Reptilians,Dang right they should fight back somehow,as anyone would if they got invaded,monuments blown up etc.

Maybe they could somehow signal their captive brothers and sisters,deep in the secret vaults of many kinds of deep underground bunkers on earth-In China,Russia,UK,USA, etc..

But hey its your story,just a few ideas from me-you don't have to use them of course.

Awaiting part 2!

edit on 2/3/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: extra letters moved about for your reading pleasure as always

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Nice twist!
I enjoyed the story.
Thank you.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Last contact part 2
--------------------------------

"Young people,they never listen.They stopped following the laws and this is what they got.Packed like animals,en route to become slaves."

Those were the words of the leader of the clans that gathered after the culling of the Sauritans by the humans.

"It's our fault" another elder started talking."We should have told them,what we knew about the humans and Earth.All the oaths of secrecy we made,seem meaningless right now."

"We run and hide like cowards,while our people are suffering in the hands of our worst enemy.We must do something.I think it's time to wake them up."

With the last words silence fell upon the cave.

Before the day of the arrival of the humans the clans of the old ways,had withdrew underground.The words of the ancestors forsaw the day of the meeting of the two species again.But the ancestors had left more to the clans than vague writings about Earth.

In the cavern that they took refuge,there was a secret door,that led to even bigger depths and there the salvation of their people was waiting.The door had never opened.It was sealed since the second age of Sauritan and most of the clan members were terrified by the idea of opening it.

Finally the leader of the clan,Kroshack,made his way to the door.There was a combination of 6 symbols that would open it and he called forth the other two .In each generation three were chosen to have the knowledge of the combination.He first placed the symbols in the right order and then each took their turn to put theirs.

With a loud noise the door opened and a smell of ancient times filled the cave.Then the three of them walked through the door and down the stairs.As they were descending deeper into the planet,they could see lights opening one by one.They finally got to the bottom of the stairs and the great hall,as it was described in the manuscripts, with thousand of Sauritan warriors sleeping and waiting the day of the contact.

Kroshack felt like a child again in the sight of the greatest warriors that ever existed.He only had to puss some buttons and all those fierce soldiers would be ready to destroy once and for all their enemy.

It took more time than he thought to wake them.After a few days and after every single ancient warrior was out of the sleep chamber the new high commander of the army walked to the end of the great hall and opened a gate to a new room.The bridge of a ship of the ancestors was revealed and only then Kroshack understood that the sleep chamber was part of the ship as well.

The high commander,one of the sleeping warriors was carrying the knowledge for millenia.He ordered his soldiers to take positions on the bridge and it was not long before everything started to shake.Kroshack and the rest of the clan were allowed to come along to the long journey to Earth,only to assist the army.
After a lot of shaking and noise the ship was finally free from the ancient grave and on the way to Earth.A planet that the high commander and his soldiers knew too well.

Earth:

When Witch Star and the other carrier ships landed on Earth,in the middle of Sahara desert,there were soldiers and other officials that were curious about the cargo.They had been informed that the mission was succesful and the fleet was coming home.

Unaware of what was coming they took the Sauritans to different prison camps and started making plans on how they will use them.

A few days later out of nowhere a huge ship appeared in the sky.No satellite managed to detect it.Goverments and officials around the world were alarmed.No attempt for contact was made from the alien ship.And before anyone was even thought to launch an attack the ship started firing.Hundreds of smaller fighter ships were launched and were destroying everything.Small villages,big cities.Everything but the prison camps.

In a few hours Earth was just a graveyard.The surviving humans took the place of the Sauritans in the camps and the high commander said only a few words:
"It's good to be home again".

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Last contact part 3
-----------------------------
It's been two months since the invasion.I'm Major Anderson,part of the original crew that brought the lizards back home.In the first contact we had we them,they let us understand that they weren't capable of space travel and that some kind of ancient laws were forbitting any kind of advanced technology.I can't understand where the ship came from.

We live in an underground military base .The reptilians have taken over the world and they executed all the leaders of the nations.Only a small fanction of the army has managed to escape and now we hide unable to do anything.Some high rank officers are thinking of coordinated nuclear attacks,only problem is that the lizards have taken over most of the facilities.We don't even know if anyone else from any army of the world is free or alive.

Their technology is 100 times more advanced than ours.But we have a chance.If the ancient humans managed to defeat them,then so can we.There are a few people that go through the manusripts again to see if they can find anything that can help us.Of course the originals are somewhere in a museum,propably destroyed.

General Garon is planning a recon mission,but i don't have a good feeling about it.We are leaving at 03:00.

We have managed to raid and free people from two prison camps.The moral of the soldiers is slightly higher since all this started,but we have a long way until we are free again.Las night we captured one of the lizards and the big boys are interrogating him.He doesn't look like a soldier to me,but then again,not all the humans that suffer in the camps are soldiers.

We now communicate with a European group of underground rebels,they hide somewhere in Frankfurt.There are propably others,but we have no idea how to get in touch with them.

I still can't believe that we live underground for almost 8 months.I miss the sun and i would kill for a good meal and some beer.

4 years and i'm still alive.Many people that we started together have died but many new have replaced them.We don't live underground anymore,we have taken back many cities.We were lucky that the lizards a while after the invasion,they started fighting between them.
Some of those we brought to Earth weren't very pleased when they found out what secrets were kept from them and they wanted to take advantage of both the human and the reptilian technology.The second group wanted to go back to the old ways and leave the technology to the army.

There are rumours that soon we will have more effective weapons.

Earth is ours again!!!!We nuked the bastards.
We first hit their capital with all the leaders and officials.After that taking care of the civiliants was a easy.The panic made them vulnerable.Those that survived will be executed.We keep noone alive.

We had spread the word among the humans,but we still had many casualties.Of course some areas will not be uninhabitable for many years,but that's a price we had to pay in order to take back what was ours.

Soon we will start to rebuild our cities and our lives.

I just hope that this was the last contact we had with aliens.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Phantom traveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Thank you all for you kind comments.

After popular demand
parts 2 and 3 were added to the story.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I found your story to be very interesting! I loved it and I am so glad you added the part 2! S & F!

top topics

join