It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linking a thread in my signature?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hi I would like to know if it is possible to link one of my threads in my signature,without getting into trouble with the mods.

I did this a while back,and got told off because my link was automatically giving me a star or flag whenever someone clicked it.
I don't know why...
Is there a way I can link my thread WITHOUT automatically getting a star/flag when clicked?

Many folks seem to do it without getting in trouble-so does anyone know how?

Appreciate any advice.

edit on 2/3/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Ive seen others do it with no ill effects from zee mods

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Is there a way I can link my thread WITHOUT automatically getting a star/flag when clicked?

Just copy and paste the normal URL without the extra code.

A normal thread looks something like this: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread815108/pg1

A flagged thread looks like this: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread815108/pg1&flagit=815108

A starred thread like this: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread815108/pg1&addstar=1&on=13591739#pid13591739

Just add the first link I posted and no stars or flags will be added when people click on it.

Edit:

You could always try posting the link like this too: Test link

To do that use this code: [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread815108/pg1]Test link[/url]

But with your own link and your own text in place of course.

(The links was deactivated so you could see how it's done as well)
edit on 2-3-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Explanation: S&F!

YES YOU CAN! Here is how ...

1stly some explaining needs to be done..

in the address bar of your web browser is the addy for the ATS webpage u want to link [and you know wher and how to do that] ... that address gets altered when ever you give a thread a star and or flag and looks like this ...

"[redacted].abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread815108/pg1&addstar=1&on=13591739#pid13591739"

when it should be LINKED as it originally was which is like this ...

"[redacted].abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread815108/pg1"

This 1st one if clicked on [and if it was a real link] would AUTOSTAR [or flag]! And thats a big nono ok :shk:

The second IS a VALID link and you should find no problems from members or mods in using it.

Personal Disclosure: Goodluck with your sig and if you have any problems or need further advise please u2u me!

P.S The examples linked above are this threads addy ... you will need to supply your threads original addy ok.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Many thanks Rising against and Omegalogos,

Saved me from a mod beat down!

Nice one folks!
Think its worked!

edit on 2/3/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Oh cool, glad you found that helpful then.

I didn't know if what I was writing was just too confusing or not what with all the random looking url code and so on in there, lol.

Edit: Glad you posted that link in your signature too. I just saw your thread for the first time, it's a good one!
edit on 2-3-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Explanation: St*rred!

I noticed it worked! Congratulations!

Personal Disclosure: You could also give the link a title so that it displays like a named link would normally display [see RA's 'TEST Link" example posted above] ... I find that it stands out more with its lime green look compared with a dark blue look.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Nice one,got it better now,with the extra code!
Cheers folks!

new topics

top topics

join