It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem- the whore of Babylon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Like I said, Babylon is not an individual city, and from what I know and experienced, it was a system of "power" projection, not just here on earth, from somewhere else as well,

An entire chapter (Rev 18) talks about the destruction of an earthly city.

Also, adding to how Jerusalem and Babylon are both charged with killing prophets and saints... Jesus himself says that no prophet can die outside Jerusalem. There is plenty of proof that Babylon is Jerusalem.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I'd like to widen the focus.

France could have been the greatest nation on the earth. However, it exterminated the Albigensians so much that their very language disappeared. France was not quite so successful with the Huguenots, but having done these persecutions, God visited the nation with the Revolution and Napoleon. After a while, France cleaned up its act.

Spain kicked out the Muslims and Jews, and prospered, but then it exterminated its own Protestants to such a degree that history has largely forgotten that Spain ever had a Protestant. Spain also killed a lot of Protestants in the low countries, and tried to invade England for the same purpose. Its empire then went into decline. Today, Spain is a shadow of its former self.

To boil it down, no nation has prospered in the long run, by persecuting people in God's favor. I see Jesus' accusation against Jerusalem for killing saints and prophets in this light.

Did God not say that one of the purposes of the small remnant of Judah returning to ruined Jerusalem after the Captivity, was to "finish the iniquity"? Well, they did.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The whore/great city's biggest sin was to have the blood of saints.

Yes, the blood of the saints, and also the blood of the martyrs for Jesus Christ. So who has been martyring Christians since 70ish AD? Certainly not Jerusalem, she was in ruins for over 1,900 years. So let me get this straight now, Jerusalem is both the whore and the woman who brought the man-child? Jerusalem is both a "widow" and "not a widow"? I mean, there are only two metaphorical women in Revelation, you're saying they both are Jerusalem? lol

No, the whore is the "great city Babylon", and the widow who brings about the man-child is Jerusalem. "Literal Babylon is the city on the banks of the Euphrates, "Mystery Babylon" is any and all false worship and religious systems.

edit on 4-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

To boil it down, no nation has prospered in the long run, by persecuting people in God's favor. I see Jesus' accusation against Jerusalem for killing saints and prophets in this light.

Well, think of the Lord's parable of the vineyard. He also says that God sent Israel prophet after prophet and they killed them, then God sent His own Son to collect on the vineyard and they killed the Son too. Jesus certainly taught that virtually every prophet of God sent to the Jews they killed.

The kingdom was offered by Christ, they murdered Him, then it again was offered by Stephen, they murdered him as well. So then the gospel was given to the Samaritans, then the Gentiles to provoke the nation of Israel to jealousy. And that's what God is still doing today, pulling out a people for Himself and His own name from all tribes nations and tongues on Earth.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

But for the record, it's my understanding that 7 hills surrounds Rome.

Rome has 7 hills, Jerusalem has 7 hills, Istanbul (constantinople) the seat of Turkey also has 7 hills, Turkey where Satan's throne is supposed to be located in the ancient city of Pergamum.

I firmly believe that both Rome and Constantinople (istanbul) are the Beast and it's Image if you believe Alberto Rivera and use the bible to decode the Beast's location. The keys can be found in the book of Daniel.

The Roman Catholic Church and Islam will most likely have a huge part to do with this. If these 2 are the 2 Beasts then they have begun to merge into the newly rising cult merging Catholicism with Islam called Chrislam. The 2 Beasts are merging.

The Roman Empire is the 4th Beast in the book of Daniel, but the Roman Empire never really fell. It became the Holy Roman Empire and then became the R.C.C. The Pope has every title of Caesar and Caesar was a King and the Pope being a priest and being a King makes him Melchizidek which is blaphemy because only Jesus is Melchizidek. The Pope has already claimed Christ's throne! I'll put my money on the Pope claiming God's throne after the Temple of Solomon is rebuilt and it will likely be Peter the Roman, or Peter Eridu the second youngest cardinal in line of succession to the Papacy when Benedict 16th dies. You see, Peter Eridu is from Constantinople (modern day istanbul in Turkey) which just happens to be in Turkey, where the Throne of Satan is located. Turkey was a part of the Roman Empire and Holy Roman Empire both which makes Peter Eridu as Roman...so he will likely be Peter the Roman as Benedict 16th is the second to last Pope in the St. Malachy prophecy.
edit on 4-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Rome has 7 hills, Jerusalem has 7 hills, Istanbul (constantinople) the seat of Turkey also has 7 hills, Turkey where Satan's throne is supposed to be located in the ancient city of Pergamum.

Mecca too. Just sayin.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Mecca too. Just sayin.

Yeah, i forgot about that one. Only problem with Mecca is it's a holy site to islam but there's no power base there. The Caliphate was in Turkey if i remember correctly. The Caliphate is basically the "Vicar of Allah" which is why i say that the Holy Roman Empire is the Beast and Islam/Ottoman Empire is it's Image. Byzantium would have been the Image but Islam conquered Byzantium and took it's place. Then again it could be the Eastern Orthodox Church because the Eastern Orthodox Church is whats left of the Byzantine Empire.

Could be R.C.C. and E.O.C. are the Beast and it's Image but that doesn't fit because the E.O.C. isn't trying to conquer the world and implement Sharia Law. Islam is definately involved in this. Sharia Law is the key to Revelation and the system by which the Beast's Image will force everyone to bow down to it and worship Allah (Satan).

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Mecca too. Just sayin.

Yeah, i forgot about that one. Only problem with Mecca is it's a holy site to islam but there's no power base there. The Caliphate was in Turkey if i remember correctly. The Caliphate is basically the "Vicar of Allah" which is why i say that the Holy Roman Empire is the Beast and Islam/Ottoman Empire is it's Image. Byzantium would have been the Image but Islam conquered Byzantium and took it's place. Then again it could be the Eastern Orthodox Church because the Eastern Orthodox Church is whats left of the Byzantine Empire.

Could be R.C.C. and E.O.C. are the Beast and it's Image but that doesn't fit because the E.O.C. isn't trying to conquer the world and implement Sharia Law. Islam is definately involved in this. Sharia Law is the key to Revelation and the system by which the Beast's Image will force everyone to bow down to it and worship Allah (Satan).

Well, there is only one world religion that will remove your head if you don't bow to their god.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well, there is only one world religion that will remove your head if you don't bow to their god

Indeed, i know i don't have to tell you which one it is. The 2 Beasts are trying to merge, into Chrislam.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Rome has 7 hills, Jerusalem has 7 hills, Istanbul (constantinople) the seat of Turkey also has 7 hills,

Theres a whole bunch of cities located on 7 hills.
So what of it now?

Apart from Jerusalem, no other city is accused in the bible of having the blood of righteous saints and prophets.... the SAME thing that the whore/city of Babylon is accused of. In fact, the same prophetic language is used to describe both Jerusalem and Babylon.

Matthew 23:35 = Jerusalem being charged with the blood of the saints.
Revelations 18:24 = Babylon being charged with the blood of the saints.

Isaiah 47:7 = Jerusalem boasts and is warned of sudden destruction.
Revelation 18:7 = Babylon boasts and is warned of sudden destruction.

Jeremiah 4:30-31= Jerusalem described as being dressed in scarlet and her "lovers" seek to destroy her.
Revelations 17:16 = Babylon described as being dressed in scarlet and the horns destroy her.

4 pages into this thread, no one wants to address these verses that pinpoint Babylon/the whore as Jerusalem. Other than Jerusalem, no other city has so many parallels with Babylon/the whore.

Its amazing how you all demand "biblical" proof for everything....
yet, when biblical proof connecting Jerusalem and Babylon is offered to you, you disregard it and continue to make guesses and conjecture.

edit on 5-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Mecca too. Just sayin.

Dude, remember there were two legs on that statue in Daniel's vision. The Eastern leg of the Roman Empire outlived the western leg by a thousand years. We call it the "Byzantine Empire". Don't put all your toes on the same foot. *wink*

The coming man of sin must carry these 3 titles: And none of them are western European.

King of Babylon
King of Tyre
Prince of Persia

Those are the 3 "horns" he will pluck up from the 10 nation world empire when he comes to power. Iran, Iraq, Lebanon. (Damascus is in ruins forever at this point)

edit on 5-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Mecca too. Just sayin.

Dude, remember there were two legs on that statue in Daniel's vision. The Eastern leg of the Roman Empire outlived the western leg by a thousand years. We call it the "Byzantine Empire". Don't put all your toes on the same foot. *wink*

The coming man of sin must carry these 3 titles: And none of them are western European.

King of Babylon
King of Tyre
Prince of Persia

Those are the 3 "horns" he will pluck up from the 10 nation world empire when he comes to power. Iran, Iraq, Lebanon. (Damascus is in ruins forever at this point)

He also comes from out of Zion. Those 3 titles basically sum up...the Babylonian Empire, because it stretched to everyone of those nations. So we could be looking at a reborn and revised Babylonian Empire but with Islamic roots because Islam has swallowed that entire area. This is making me wonder if he is a Palestinian. In otherwords Ottoman Empire 2.0, and this Caliphate muslims have been pushing for may be the start of it. I know sometime this month i think there is supposed to be a vote in Germany to re-establish the Caliphate.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
^
As usual, christians look all over the place for the "enemy".. instead of simply reading what the Bible has to say regarding the matter.

The bible identifies the whore/great city as Jerusalem. (biblical proof all over this thread)

The whore/Jerusalem is shown riding the first beast... which means Jerusalem is associated with the beast.

and commonsense tells us that the antichrist will have to be jewish, before fooling the jews into accepting him as the long awaited messiah.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

He also comes from out of Zion.

Because at the midpoint of Daniel's 70th week the ac takes over Jerusalem. That's why Jesus said to flee the city immediately.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

The bible identifies the whore/great city as Jerusalem. (biblical proof all over this thread)

You're blind to all the Biblical evidence in this thread. You still think Jerusalem/Israel is both the widow and not a widow, still both the woman who brings the man-child and the woman who rides the beast? The whore? Jerusalem is BOTH cities/women in Revelation?

Gotcha, that makes things so much more fuzzy when reading the book.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

You're blind to all the Biblical evidence in this thread.

The only biblical evidence is the ones I've been posted, in support of my position that Jerusalem is the whore/great city of Babylon. All I see from you is guesswork and conjecture....and you are yet to address the parallels between Jerusalem and Babylon.

Matthew 23:35 = Jerusalem being charged with the blood of the saints.
Revelations 18:24 = Babylon being charged with the blood of the saints.

Isaiah 47:7 = Jerusalem boasts and is warned of sudden destruction.
Revelation 18:7 = Babylon boasts and is warned of sudden destruction.

Jeremiah 4:30-31= Jerusalem described as being dressed in scarlet and her "lovers" seek to destroy her.
Revelations 17:16 = Babylon described as being dressed in scarlet and the horns destroy her.

Address this first.

You still think Jerusalem/Israel is both the widow and not a widow, still both the woman who brings the man-child and the woman who rides the beast?

Well, I said nothing about Jerusalem being the "widow"...
(In fact, OP quotes Isaiah 47:7 where Jerusalem says she will never be a widow)

....and I'm not even talking about the woman that brings the man-child.
These are all distractions that you have been bringing up.

My focus in this thread has always been on the whore of Revelations 17.

edit on 5-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

....and I'm not even talking about the woman that brings the man-child.
These are all distractions that you have been bringing up.

My focus in this thread has always been on the whore of Revelations 17.

A "distraction"?? I'm almost done with this thread. I have addressed those verse, even copy/pasted some FROM your OP. So how is is a "distraction" to bring up that there are only two metaphorical women mentioned in the ENTIRE book of Revelation?

You tell me how Jerusalem is both. When one is destroyed forever never to be inhabited again or it's bricks ever reused and one is redeemed and ruled from by the Messiah. One is a widow and one isn't. Jerusalem is said to be a widow in chapter 12 of revelation, 5 chapters before 17.

How can Jerusalem be both when both are contrasted? I don't like hours of scholastic work when the answer is simple. I'm an Occam's Razor type/ The last verse in chapter 17 tells you exactly who the whore is, "that great city Babylon". And "Mystery Babylon" is any system that came from that literal "great city" Babylon.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

. . . two metaphorical women mentioned in the ENTIRE book of Revelation?
What? Now you are saying Revelation is metaphorical? I thought you were a "Literalist". Not being critical, I would encourage you to run with that thought and don't stop until you see the metaphorical nature of the entire book.

How about Jezebel?
Revelation 2:20
But I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, and by her teaching deceives my servants to commit sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols.

You can make the argument that the whore of Babylon is the same person as the earlier mentioned Jezebel, as does the author of the book, Who Rides the Beast?

edit on 5-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

The Roman Catholic Church and Islam will most likely have a huge part to do with this. If these 2 are the 2 Beasts then they have begun to merge into the newly rising cult merging Catholicism with Islam called Chrislam. The 2 Beasts are merging.

Lonewolf, would you care to elaborate on this? I had never heard of "Chrislam" before your quoted post. I did find, some years back, the website of some fellow from Gibraltar who proposed some kind of greater bible which included the Quran. I moved on and never looked back at that. I also recall reading somewhere that Islam was a creation of the RCC, to undermine the Eastern Churches.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

4 pages into this thread, no one wants to address these verses that pinpoint Babylon/the whore as Jerusalem. Other than Jerusalem, no other city has so many parallels with Babylon/the whore.

Skorpion, Laz at least, is with you. Besides the yellow parallels you post, I am aware of other connections between the two cities, such as the Babylonian and Jerusalem Talmuds, the undeniable fact that the inhabitants of Jerusalem after the Captivity CAME OUT OF BABYLON, and the so-easy-to-find accusations by God against his two unfaithful wives, Israel and Judah. If we look in the book of Hosea, especially, God told Hosea to marry a harlot, that being an object lesson to illustrate God's relationship with Jerusalem/Judah. For those on this thread who put Jerusalem up on a pedestal, well, God does not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join