It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Video that made me do a 180 on The UFO Phenomn

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Since I don't know much on this subject, my first question is -

Does ball lightning occur independent of storm activity?

The original video makes sense, it is happening during a lightning storm but in the others there is no storm, rain, lighting, etc. Would that make sense?

Also, would ball lightning just fly around, in and around houses for minutes at a time. Would seem weird if it did but then again I have no knowledge on this subject....

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
That's not ball lightning.
Ball lightnings involve not only balls but lightnings.
Some years ago I was at a friend's house talking about the Magic The Gathering card Ball Lightning . His mother was around and when she heard us talking about it she told us the story of the one-time she had experienced ball lightning. She was sitting in the living-room in a house in the country side when suddenly an horizontal lightning bolt went through the room shattering 2 windows in its way. The story made it into local papers where it was labeled as ball lightning.
Anyway, ball lightning involves lightnings in random directions (guess they aren't random, just trying to state they don't hit the floor)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I know someone that saw ball lighting while in the coast guard, he said he was watching the wheel house, when what looked like a clear basket ball with what appeared to be powder blue smoke inside, floated in one door and then slowly right out the other door. He asked his C.O. about it and the C.O. said if he had touched it, it would have killed him that it was ball lighting...

Is that what the ball lighting you and your mates saw looked like?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
I feel as though most UFO sightings are actually just incorrectly reported cases of Ball Lightning.

Though I will admit Ball Lighting doesn't seem to have same acceleration I've seen in many UFO videos.

But as far as I am concerned the 'ball lightning' and UFO's of that nature can also be explained by 'plasma critters'

Just google 'plasma life forms'
edit on 2-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

After watching this video , I feel as though most UFO sightings are actually just incorrectly reported cases of Ball Lightning. I know for fact I've seen many UFO videos that look alot like the footage of ball lighting in Brazil. Of course this leads to wonder just what ball lighting is and why it occurs. Though I will admit Ball Lighting doesn't seem to have same acceleration I've seen in many UFO videos.

Based on the TV documentaries that I've seen on "ball lightning" I don't agree that what is shown on your videos, as well as on other similar videos on YouTube, is really "ball lightning". We see a white "orb" appear then something comes shooting out of the bottom left. I'm of the opinion that the white "orb" is a UFO and the other object is a "rod".

The other objects shown are, again, in my opinion UFOs but not necessarily alien (non-human) craft. Whatever they were there is no sufficient detail to call them anything but UFOs.

The TV documentary that I saw on "ball lightning" took place in a laboratory where they triggered "ball lightning" and what one sees is erractic small globules of bright energy zipping here and there, and they do not hover as seen in the videos, and they're over in a flash. Mother Nature couldn't produce "ball lightning" that big, that slow, that last as long as the objects in the video.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I haven't seen any ball lightning, but those things on the video don't look like other videos that supposedly show ball lightning.

Also, many of the things on the video look like other things (like the birds flapping their wings).

Presenting ball lighting, something that nobody really knows what they are, as an explanation for UFO sightings is the same thing as saying that any unknown light in the sky is an Alien spaceship, we are only moving from an unknown to another, so they do not explain the event in any way.

The only possibly shocking thing on that video would be being hit by a real ball lightning.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by November5th
Nice compilation of UFO videos.Ball lighting,I don´t think so.In some of the clips you can see intelligent interaction,whether it´s human or alien,who knows.I agree about the about the music.Some people think it creates an eerie atmosphere.But for me it makes everything less believable

Most agreed.

This youtuber just took ufo clips, stuck them into one video and named it "ball lightning".

OP,
a youtube video uploaded and titled by some random human can make you change your mind, just like that? lol

huh.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hi I made an account just to comment on this topic.

At 2:27 in that video is exactly what I saw above my friend's house in the sky in Tucson Arizona 2007. That was my only "UFO" sighting. I'm glad to finally see what I saw again in someone else's video because I didn't get a chance to take a video of it because it vanished after about 20-30 seconds.

Also one of the comments someone posted in that video reads:

"To everyone who criticizes this stuff, i have witnessed ball lightning in arizona on multiple occassions, even when no storms are present, they are very similiar to what you see in this video so, I can give you locations to look, Page Arizona, at the Glen Canyon Dam, Tucson Arizona near Mt Lemmon, the Navajo Generating Station. All in arizona, Also have seen them in Las Vegas on the north side near the miltary airbase."

Interesting stuff. ATS should put this topic on the home page. Bye.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Some of those DEF ARE NOT lightning, the 5th or 6th video of late afternoon over the mountains , those are UL flares, we have them out over the ocean in front of my place all the time.I use to be convinced they were ufos but they were being dropped from helicopters really high up...But like you said, what is ball lightening. Looks like something else to me floating around. but then again lightening is energy so who knows.i sure as h*ll dont.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkchemistry

I know someone that saw ball lighting while in the coast guard, he said he was watching the wheel house, when what looked like a clear basket ball with what appeared to be powder blue smoke inside, floated in one door and then slowly right out the other door. He asked his C.O. about it and the C.O. said if he had touched it, it would have killed him that it was ball lighting...

Blue-ish yes, clear: I don't know as it was up the side of the mast and too far away. Basket ball size would be about what we saw. It got to the AN/SPS-49 radar antenna and there was a bright flash (like an arc welder, I had a after image in my eyes for a good 30 minutes after that).

The 49 radar went down, front end part of the receiver was burned out. I went up with the ET's (Electronics Techs) later, and several spots on the antenna looked like someone had used an arc welder on it.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Are any of these actually 'confirmed' cases (i.e. by actual atmospheric scientists?). It appears to me that some person just compiled a bunch of lights in the sky videos, and changed the title from UFO to Ball Lightning.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by Darkchemistry

Blue-ish yes, clear: I don't know as it was up the side of the mast and too far away. Basket ball size would be about what we saw. It got to the AN/SPS-49 radar antenna and there was a bright flash (like an arc welder, I had a after image in my eyes for a good 30 minutes after that).

The 49 radar went down, front end part of the receiver was burned out. I went up with the ET's (Electronics Techs) later, and several spots on the antenna looked like someone had used an arc welder on it.

i have been lucky/unlucky enough to witness ball lightening.
my parents neighbours roof was hit by it and i remember our lounge lighting up blue and the blue seemed to go round the room as tho it circled before impact. i didnt take alot of notice of it at the time as i was very young.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

cool thanks, I was just wondering if ball lightning held more of a consistent form and appearance, the powdery smokey blue. The clear part meaning like a bubble that the powdery/smokey blue lighting was encased in. There's a strange phenomena that NASA has launched a satellite CINDI in co-op with the Air Force to investigate millions of bubble type objects that take place near the equator, and interfere with radio transmissions. They call those plasma bubbles though...but that doesn't leave out possible links to both phenomena. Mission link: www.nasa.gov...
edit on 3-3-2012 by Darkchemistry because: ad link

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If anyone is really interested in the topic of ball lightning or plasma balls etc..I strongly suggest reading up on Hessdalen Lights which have been being studied scientifically for years. Here's a PDF of a paper written by Massimo Teodorani, PHD in Astrophysics, that some friends of mine on another site pointed me too, there's more papers written by this man...if anyones interested can u2u me.

www.itacomm.net...

I think it is highly likely a lot of UFO's are plasma...but just what is plasma and why does it behave the way it does?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

...I feel as though most UFO sightings are actually just incorrectly reported cases of Ball Lightning.

...WRONG!! Most "UFO" sightings are MAN-MADE military craft that you nor any civilian will hear about for a FEW DECADES from now.

...and even at THAT TIME, you wont believe it!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Wtf those things on the ground r crazy

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I have a a problem with most of those videos:

Many are clearly shot with night vision/IR...which would make anything look like "lightning", even a bird etc...let alone planes. I don't know how many of those in the video are "genuine" ball lightening..probably not many.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join