It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I had a really weird/interesting experience..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Today I had a really weird experience.. I didn’t realize it at the given moment but after reflecting on the situation and the given convenience of it occurring and unfolding how I needed it to leads me to believe something is about to happen to me.. good or bad? I don’t know, but there’s only one way to find out. I guess it’s what my 24 years of subconscious has concocted for me as reality down to this point… right? Too deep? Lol moving on..

I woke up around 1230, drank tea, ate, took a 60mg Vyvanse instead of my normal half dose that I take normally and left home around 3ish for school.. After sitting through the masters lecture and not being use to the 60mg, I was pretty jittery when I got out and in need of a cigarette to calm my nerves. Since I didn’t have any with me while waiting for ***** outside of the library I was simultaneously hoping to bum one off of another fellow traveler.. I asked a few people but had no luck; the first one was on his “last” one and the second had bummed one off his own friend.. but I still had hope (lol) and as I was waiting outside the library a somewhat light skinned black guy, wearing fashionable clothes that people normally don’t wear at the library..

the moment now that I think of it was kind of contrasting onto itself; his presence in that situation was entirely aberrant. And now that I think of it.. he also kind of “came out of no where,” just walked out of the door..

I am at the library pretty often and thinking about it now.. he just seemed like an anomaly, its weird to describe the innate feeling..

Either ways, he non awkwardly came and took his bag-pack off a little further down from me seeming as if he was about to smoke a cigarette.. at this point I was talking to ***** on the phone but noticed the guy opening the medium sized top pocket of his Jansport bag pack and conveniently holding a pack of cigarettes out on natural display like fashion..

Its hard to explain but he held it a little bit longer compared to how you would if you actually did smoke and were craving one.. However, he did make it seem pretty natural except for the fact that that I noticed what he was doing.. maybe I was suppose to? Lol.. too deep again?

Still craving a cigarette I approached him for one; he already seemed complacent, as if he knew I was coming to ask.. and the weird thing was as soon as he gave it to me he pulled out his lighter and lit it for me too..

I don’t know why but it was just weird; especially thinking about it..

Just cause I’m polite I asked for his name, thanked him and introduced myself as well, but right before he put the pack back in the bag he politely offered me a second cigarette saying “one for later..” in a friendly manner with a smile on his face..

Normal cigarette smokers don’t really just give their cancer sticks away as I had previously encountered..

But yeah.. as I took the one he pulled for me from his hand and thanked him he replied with “Nice to meet you too ***** I’m sure I’ll be seeing you soon.” And then simply just “disappeared” in the same manner as he had “appeared.”

Haha now looking back at it I don’t even think he smoked a cigarette the whole time that went down and as I watched him leave.. Another weird thing now that I think about it is that I’ve rarely seen black people smoking cigarettes outside of the library at my school..

Hmm so I don’t know.. it might be nothing; but it just felt so weird and surreal. But in a good way. It’s weird to explain. I am an aspiring musician and very spiritually philosophical; I was born a Hindu. I guess you may have had to experience it.. has anyone else had something happen like that and then something happen in their life?

Just wildly curious cause it seemed as if that encounter was meant with purpose.. or at least thats the feeling and energy I took away from it.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sirissacnewtone

Explanation: S&F!

I am not the bloke .. but you are welcome because I operate very similar to this , dare I call them an , angel!

Personal Disclosure: God works in mysterious ways ok! Enjoy ..oh and please check out e-cigss as they are better for everybody IMO!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sirissacnewtone

I enjoyed reading that. I am very familiar with the feelings and thoughts you described during your encounter.
I have had similar situations which have left me confused, yet strangely humbled at the same time. To me it seems almost like a dream, and a few days later I have to convince myself that it actually did happen. Situations where it seemed like the very fabric of life revealed itself, just to simply say 'hello'.

I'm really glad there are people like you out there, living the same crazy-strange life I am

To go slightly off on a tangent, I was wondering if this encounter has made you re-evaluate your daily dosage of your medication? Have you thought about the possible connections? I'm just interested

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
hi op

wen he said il be seeing you soon
i think he ment at your funeral lol
sorry bad joke
but interesting

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
An experienced smoker can spot a mooch 500 yards away. These people bring the habit and nothing more, no lighters, no 25 cents for the butt, nothing but a pathetic look and small talk.

Buy a 14oz bag of tobacco, about $14, rolls about 2 1/2 cartons worth, then buy a box of filter tubes, about $2, 1 carton's worth, rolling machines go from $2 to $100, get a cheap one. Then you'll be paying about $8 per carton and never run out, unless your an idiot with money. Just my advice on saving a fortune on smokes, no one should pay so much to kill themselves slowly.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I guess I'm just a little paranoid or pessimistic, because I was expecting something bad to happpen. I thought the whole thing was a bit ominous and I thought it was going to end up as an adult version of "dont take candy from strangers"

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

yes but i don't typically smoke cigarettes and am detoxing on other herbal remedies... but the act of smoking psychologically helps with the jitters from the medicine. So i wouldn't say I would be your standard "mooch"

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

terrible joke.
2nd

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirissacnewtone
reply to post by davesmart

terrible joke.
2nd

il give you a flag to say sorry
sometimes i dont engage brain before opening mouth...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Maybe it was the medicine that made it all seem weird? What's that for anyway?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

no I doubt so.. I use to be on the full dose previously but started taking half because my Masters load wasn't all that bad and I didn't need the whole dosage to get through the day. The medicine is for my ADD symptoms so I doubt that's making any situation "weird" because after that no other situation seemed how I described this one.

top topics

join