It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Just Me Or Is the Night Sky Brighter?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Meh, I think it's in your heads. Where I live, when there is a new moon or the moon is below the horizon, it is PITCH BLACK outside. I notice this because that's how I like it when I sleep. No light seeps through my blinds and I sleep like Jimmy Hoffa.

When I was a teenager, I'd sometimes drive on the interstate with no headlights when there was a full moon because it was so flippin bright. Dumb, but as long as no one else was around, I could see just fine. So this is not a new phenomenon like you want to believe it is.

edit on 2-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Im in dublin ireland and there is NO moon. Its a mild night, partial cloud cover, not very heavy and I can clearly see the yellow star(venus or mercury) in the mid/low night sky but no moon.
. Very strange. Is anyone else in western europe that can elaborate please??

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
reply to post by snowspirit

That's the point I was making. It takes a couple of months for the dust to clear and settle out of the atmosphere. Thus, if farming ended about October... move ahead a few months and by Feburary and March, the sky looks brighter at night.

But that's not nearly as exciting as say Polar Shift or Aliens or Chemtrail GeoEngineering... so that being said..

The brighter sky is the result of a secret government plot run by the Nazis about to return to earth and they need the clearer nights for better navigation. The entire operation is laid out in an upcoming movie that is really not fictional... and they will be fought by the aliens under the Denver International Airport and try to overthrow the Nazi takeover in the secret US government run by the reptilian clone of Obama.

There... is that what you wanted to hear?

That works

Last night was the brightest I've seen it, without being a full moon, but I was kind of leaning towards the bright light green northern light (not plural) that was stationary in the sky - weird looking, just sitting there not moving, but I'm quite certain that must happen at times. Optical illusion.

Sun activity at night (that sounds odd) brightens things up lots.
I will be looking out there again tonight to see if there's any auroras visible in my area...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Has the city you grew up in grown a lot since you were a child? Light pollution from the Earth can illuminate the clouds above, and cause the night sky to be much brighter than without it. This is why most large Telescopes are built in areas with low light pollution.

Alternatively, you may be noticing the phenomenon of bright night clouds ( noctilucent clouds ), which have been forming more frequently and becoming brighter in recent years.

"For reasons not fully understood, the clouds' brightness wiggles up and down in step with solar activity, with fewer clouds forming when the sun is most active. The biggest variability is in the far north.

Underlying the changes caused by the sun, however, is a trend toward brighter clouds. The upward trend in brightness, DeLand said, reveals subtle changes in the atmosphere that may be linked to greenhouse gases."

www.ouramazingplanet.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

wow! I just read that somewhere, that possibly as we get closer to the galactic alignmentand closer to the middle of the galaxy that the night sky is getting brighter!

keep your eyes peeled, Id love to know if anyone else notices this...

Buddy...you are going nuts!!!!

Settle down, and read my previous post...maybe that will calm your nerves a bit

Btw, it is still winter season so of course our atmosphere here is much colder than during summer months. But if we see this activity occur again in summer, we may want to revisit your post again

edit on 2-3-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

Do you not understand how to interpret words mate ?

Now over here in OZ I have noticed the night sky and the moon to be much brighter than previous years... I am rural as well, over 80 minutes inland from Brisbane so I can see literally hundreds of stars at night. And I tell ya its getting brighter.

The moon I feel is one main factor but also the Galactic shift etc. may play a hand in this -- look into the manasic radiation or Photon belt concept -- my own interpretation of this event for those who embrace it is that a dimensional shift will occur and the galaxy will transform into something entirely different.

Wrdwzrd (and others),

If you'd like to hear the visionary experiences that myself and others have had of this event I will share them with you. I will post in grey area so that the trolls are on thier toes with lossing points if they disrupt the thread wit impolite with their disagreements Lol

It also ties into why this inexplicable ring of light that appears at dusk and dawn in a ring all the way round the horizon line, has inadvertently lead me to discover some fascinating subjects.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaydensbreezy
I noticed tonight how bright some of the stars were as well. My son and I were on the porch looking at the sky and the strangest thing happened. He said mom do you see the star moving and he showed me and I couldn't believe it. it was not moving fast or like an airplane. It would move from side to side stop then go down a little then come back up then stop again and do circles.

My son and I noticed this with about 3 stars tonight. I couldn't believe my eyes..my son was so fascinated but hey so I was I. It was amazing. One of the stars was by the big dipper. I don't know if it is still doing it but you should try it and see because if it is you will be amazed..

It doesn't do it constantly so look at it for about 1 to 2 minutes before you give up and let me know if you saw it

I saw a star doing this the other night thought my eyes were playing tricks
and i had drank a few beers so thought maybe hallucinating

Cran

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
from norcal and ive noticed over the last several months brighter nights, and nights that have an orange glow about them. i first noticed last November when it was almost a red glow at about 3 in the morning, and being a lord of the rings fan i thought about legalos's saying about a red sunrise means blood has been shed this night, or something to that effect, the reason why i thought that was i heard gun shots off in the distance on multiple occasions prior to the red sky so it became one of those nights that stand out. and since then there have been multiple orange nights.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Where are you from?? " THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOOON!!!"

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

I walked out of my house at around 7-7:30, its dark and there is a gigantic white cloud up in the sky, super bright! It was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

It's possible you were viewing the Milky Way, I too have noticed how bright the stars are.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
I feel a little odd making this post, its not normally the kind of thing I would make a post about. I live in Vancouver, BC and have noticed that the night sky is really bright tonight. I walked out of my house at around 7-7:30, its dark and there is a gigantic white cloud up in the sky, super bright! It was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen.
I just stared at it and wondered why nobody else noticed? I thought maybe something is lighting up the clouds? But what?
It also seems like whenever I look up into the sky lately, even if its a beautiful blue afternoon sky, there's the moon just glowing super white! It's always glowing in the sky regardless of the time of day....
Has anyone else noticed these things? I guess it's possible that in my 30something years of life I never noticed these were normal events until now but somehow I don't think so.....it might be nothing, just seems weird....
Tonight, without searching for it, I came across this article -
www.in5d.com...
Such a strange synchronicity!
Thoughts?

edit on 2-3-2012 by wrdwzrd because: (no reason given)

I live in the Fraser Valley. My experience on the brightness outside is comprised of some ideas:
1) Brightness caused by changing seasons (winter to spring...hence longer days and brighter nights)
2) City lights emit light into the sky making it appear brighter
3) Low lying pollution in the sky which city lights reflect off of making the sky appear brighter
Now, from time to time out here the skies are very dark and crystal clear stars are seen. But as soon as I make a trip to let's say Surrey or Langley, the skies do not appear as dark (hence city lights)
To see a bright white cloud in the night sky is something unusual but it could be due to the gases which are in it too. Not all clouds are specifically composed of hydrogen and oxygen. Some have chemicals in them too, like sulphur.
FYI, I just found this article...maybe it would be of help...and it does make sense:

Night-Shining Clouds are Getting Brighter

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

For reasons no one fully understands, the brightness wiggles up and down in step with solar activity, with fewer clouds forming when the Sun is most active. The biggest variability is in the far north. Underlying the changes caused by the Sun, however, is a trend toward brighter clouds. The upward trend in brightness, says DeLand, reveals subtle changes in the atmosphere that may be linked to greenhouse gases.
Polar mesospheric clouds are extremely sensitive to changes in atmospheric water vapor and temperature. The clouds form only when temperatures drop below -130 degrees Celsius (-200 Fahrenheit), when the scant amount of water high in the atmosphere freezes into ice clouds. This happens most often in far northern and southern latitudes (above 50 degrees) in the summer when, counter-intuitively, the mesosphere is coldest.
Changes in temperature or humidity in the mesosphere make the clouds brighter and more frequent. Colder temperatures allow more water to freeze, while an increase in water vapor allows more ice clouds to form. Increased water vapor also leads to the formation of larger ice particles that reflect more light.
The fact that polar mesospheric clouds are getting brighter suggests that the mesosphere is getting colder and more humid, says DeLand. Increasing greenhouse gases in the atmosphere could account for both phenomena. In the mesosphere, carbon dioxide radiates heat into space, causing cooling. More methane, on the other hand, puts more water vapor into the atmosphere because sunlight breaks methane into water molecules at high altitudes.

So, to sum up then, it would seem to me that changes in temperature or humidity in the mesosphere make the clouds brighter and more frequent. Colder temperatures allow more water to freeze, while an increase in water vapor allows more ice clouds to form. Increased water vapor also leads to the formation of larger ice particles that reflect more light.
Just a thought. Nice to meet you fellow British Columbian!

edit on 2-3-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

Skywatcher2011,

I use to think the their was something in the sky that was making it brighter made me wonder I still think something is there it made me scared and paranoid!!!

BUT AFTER READING YOUR POST IT MAKES SENSE BUT I STILL BELIEVE SOMETHING IS OUT
THERE MAKING SKY BRIGHTER!!!

I agree with your post and what you state on what cause brighter skys thanks for sharing this is quite informative and makes me understand why skys look brighter I thought the sky was getting brighter but now after seeing this im not too sure what to believe but still it made alot more sense to me thanks again!!!

edit on 2-3-2012 by Dare3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It's not just you, OP. I noticed it yesterday because a lot of us were commenting on the sky and the stars being quite bright when we came out of lenten church services around sevenish. My husband even got out his phone and checked some app thing he had, as we were all attempting to figure out what the brightest stars or planets were. It turns out Jupiter was quite bright in our area yesterday.

Of course, the weather here has been wild today. Yesterday it started off in the 30s and then got up almost into the seventies. Today was also very warm and sunny. Then we had a wave of severe thunderstorms, hail, and tornados come through. The temperature dropped fast, and now we're being told to expect flurries by Sunday evening.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Yes. I have noticed it for a while now. I thought it was just that I was living in a different state now, but now I know there is something else going on.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Well i can tell you that last week Venus looked to be closer to Earth.... it was huge in the night sky and looked like a gigantic lamp!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Well i can tell you that last week Venus looked to be closer to Earth.... it was huge in the night sky and looked like a gigantic lamp!!!

Earth and Venus are on the same side of the sun currently. Might that explain it?

Check this out: LINK

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think it's mostly you, but the sky does get a little brighter as we approach the summer season.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join