It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Just Me Or Is the Night Sky Brighter?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I feel a little odd making this post, its not normally the kind of thing I would make a post about. I live in Vancouver, BC and have noticed that the night sky is really bright tonight. I walked out of my house at around 7-7:30, its dark and there is a gigantic white cloud up in the sky, super bright! It was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

I just stared at it and wondered why nobody else noticed? I thought maybe something is lighting up the clouds? But what?

It also seems like whenever I look up into the sky lately, even if its a beautiful blue afternoon sky, there's the moon just glowing super white! It's always glowing in the sky regardless of the time of day....

Has anyone else noticed these things? I guess it's possible that in my 30something years of life I never noticed these were normal events until now but somehow I don't think so.....it might be nothing, just seems weird....

Tonight, without searching for it, I came across this article -

www.in5d.com...

Such a strange synchronicity!

Thoughts?

edit on 2-3-2012 by wrdwzrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Thanks for post this my friend, I'm with you!
It's amazing, even without moon at night clouds are brighter!
Definitively something is happening on sky.

Beautiful Nights!
SNC

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Maybe Venus and mercury being close, put off a shine through a clear sky.Here's my theory,as our solar system aligns up with our galaxy in the middle of that swirl band we get enlightened

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

wow! I just read that somewhere, that possibly as we get closer to the galactic alignment and closer to the middle of the galaxy that the night sky is getting brighter!

keep your eyes peeled, Id love to know if anyone else notices this...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I have also noticed this over the last several months. My eyes are extremely light sensitive and I've always had excellent vision in the dark but it does seem to be getting better. However, I am also becoming more sensitive to sunlight causing the occasional migranes to increase. Maybe this supposed cloud our solar system is going through has something to do with it.

Here is a thread about the interstellar clouds.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2/3/12 by usmc0311 because: added link

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'm in Tennessee and I thought the moon was almost hard to focus on because it was so bright tonight. It is also higher than it was two nights ago at the same time which may or may not be normal.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenIgnorance

You know, we have had overcast skies for the last two nights but the moon has been showing through the clouds like a spotlight. Last night the effect was really cool. I tried to get a picture of it but nothing clear came out.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd

the night sky is really bright tonight. I walked out of my house at around 7-7:30, its dark and there is a gigantic white cloud up in the sky, super bright! It was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen.
Is it the cloud that seems brighter, or is it the sky? Obviously, a cloud will reflect light back down, while a clear night sky would not.

It is most likely just moisture in the air, reflecting more light back down. I don't know about Vancouver, but it seems like Springtime here in the Midwest U.S. Warmer weather brings moisture.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I live in Australia, and i have never seen the stars this bright. They are bloody bright!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I noticed tonight how bright some of the stars were as well. My son and I were on the porch looking at the sky and the strangest thing happened. He said mom do you see the star moving and he showed me and I couldn't believe it. it was not moving fast or like an airplane. It would move from side to side stop then go down a little then come back up then stop again and do circles.

My son and I noticed this with about 3 stars tonight. I couldn't believe my eyes..my son was so fascinated but hey so I was I. It was amazing. One of the stars was by the big dipper. I don't know if it is still doing it but you should try it and see because if it is you will be amazed..

It doesn't do it constantly so look at it for about 1 to 2 minutes before you give up and let me know if you saw it

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Odd, I was just thinking these things myself --starting about 1-2 months ago. Now, I've gotten a few family members & friends noticing the same things.

The Moon just seems to be out there at totally wrong times. Honestly, since I was little, I've always looked up because I'm attracted to the sky and everything contained within it. And since I've always looked up, I don't ever remember seeing the Moon at 11am! Now I'm seeing. I have seen it now at all times of the day over the past couple months. Yes, I'm aware, and always have been of course, by the Time Change and all, but, the earth is definitely on different degrees of Axis. Airport runways around the world are noticing the difference and have adjusted their computers -both in Towers and in the Planes to see this difference.

And now it's the brightness of the sky at night. Living around a major world city I've never been able to see many stars --it's always the same few year in and year out...until recently. And again, pointing it out to a few people the other day as I showed them and they too couldn't remember a time such as this --over 40 stars & planets Monday night! I've never seen that many since being out West.

Forgive me, but I must mention the Bible for a mere moment as it says we shall see signs on Earth and in Heaven. If you take all of the earth rotation stories, places and destinations updating, for example, their runway figures, and first-hand experiences from reliable people, as well as what I personally see on Earth & in the Heavens, I must say I too believe these are Signs of Importance.

Let's just say, for a moment, that God isn't planning on doing anything in 2012, like some, or many, believe. But, with 2012 being planted into our minds for so long, many are expecting SOMETHING bad to happen in 2012. We see movies, TV shows, news articles, etc. It would seem to me if God wasn't planning on anything in 2012, that this would be THE perfect time for Man to launch their One World Agenda because most people are expecting something and would think God did it.

Whether something is coming or not, God-made or Man-made, it surely seems many pieces are falling into too many correct spots for it all to be meaningless. The signs are now all around us.

All that is necessary for evil men to succeed now, is for good men to do nothing. It was Martin Luther who once said, "Educations goal is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

So, go out there and let people know what you're currently witnessing. Maybe if enough are aware, it won't be us who should beware.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I don't look often to the sky at night but a few days ago, I noticed it too.
But I also noticed but for some longer time (a few years), that when it's a clear and sunny day, the sun seems much brighter (or the whole sky that is), but I thought; it must be my eyes or something.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Like you, I've always been happy with my night vision however I've noticed that shadows are now darker than before. There is more contrast.

Of course it could be because I'm getting older.

I'm going to a Doc in the near future to see if Lasik is a good option.

I want my 20/15 vision back!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think you may be seeing light from the moon

Lunar phase on 2 March 2012 Friday is First Quarter.
The moon is in zodiac sign Gemini

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Originally posted by OneNationUnder

Odd, I was just thinking these things myself --starting about 1-2 months ago...

The Moon just seems to be out there at totally wrong times. Honestly, since I was little, I've always looked up because I'm attracted to the sky and everything contained within it. And since I've always looked up, I don't ever remember seeing the Moon at 11am! Now I'm seeing. I have seen it now at all times of the day over the past couple months. Yes, I'm aware, and always have been of course, by the Time Change and all, but, the earth is definitely on different degrees of Axis.
Not even close, and time change has nothing to do with it.
It seems that you may not have been paying as close attention as you thought.

Think of it like this:

[color=FCF2BD]The Sun is relatively stationary.
The Earth is spinning.
That is what determines our days, yes?
So from our point of view, we generally see the sun at the same location in the sky, at the same time of day, from one day to the next.

[color=A9FCE6]The Moon is not stationary. It is orbiting around our planet. So common sense should tell us that the Moon cannot possibly be in the same location, from one day to the next.

But why not? Because it is moving.

Try this→ www.timeanddate.com...
Enter in your city, and it will give you the time for the Moonrise, and Moonset, for each day. The Moon rises roughly an hour later(give or take a few minutes) from one day to the next.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Yep, I noticed this Wednesday night in SW UK.
The sky was unusually clear and bright with the moon and two stars/planets in alignment. It looked really cool. Incidentally the dawn that morning was just as spectacular! Totally golden glow.
I'm sure it's just atmospheric effects but it's strange that others around the globe noticed and posted about the same thing!

What odd times we live in :-)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashishin_no1
Yep, I noticed this Wednesday night in SW UK.
The sky was unusually clear and bright with the moon and two stars/planets in alignment. It looked really cool. Incidentally the dawn that morning was just as spectacular! Totally golden glow.
I'm sure it's just atmospheric effects but it's strange that others around the globe noticed and posted about the same thing!

What odd times we live in :-)

This was actually attributable to an expected alignment and I agree, it was fantastic to see. It was discussed a few night ago here along with some pictures of the partial planetary alignment. Ignore all of the chatter about earthquakes because this obviously didn't happen but enjoy the info and pictures!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

No it isn't just you...Last night I was thinking the same thing here in Nijmegen, The Netherlands. Strange stuff has been happening with the course of "nature" here too for some time.

Not very long ago I started a thread about bird twitter at 4 am as if it was a summers dawn... in the middle of winter.

I do not know what it is and I have no proof but my intuitions tells me that something is seriously different....or should I say wrong?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The moon being seen in the sky during the day is a new thing now?
I wouldn't say the actual stars are brighter, but the planets are putting on quite a show. Seeing so many along with the moon at night is bound to make the whole sky seem brighter.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
The moon being seen in the sky during the day is a new thing now?

yea this morning when driving in my car to work (at 8.40 am), I couldn't believe how bright the moon was at day light.
It looked more like it was the sun then the moon really.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join