It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silence Gun: Strange weapon of the future immediately quiets you, whether you like it or not

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I'm thinking that if there is tech to silence speech by messing with brainwaves then voice to skull tech has to be real and targeted individuals who complain of being harassed should be taken seriously instead of being labeled as psychotic/schizophrenic.

Just sayin...

Well here comes the police state in full force.

Anyone talks against the power structure and its loyal "house-slaves" will be silenced or beaten.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I'll tell you one thing.

If I was in a library, or wherever, and somebody pointed this device at me, I would walk up to the person, take this device, and promptly smash them over the head with it.

I'm quite serious.

i was thinking the same thing but i would be shoving it up there *** and turning it on.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Before you know it, Apple will get a hold of the technology and make a handheld version. Then everyone can point it at someone when they want them to shut up. Oh wait, it will just be another "App" on the smartphone, that's more likely.

Then it will be outlawed since no one is able to talk freely anymore.

GO Apple!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I suppose this would be the STFU -1000?
How do they know this doesn't cause long-term brain damage?
If it's like other devices tested by the Pentagon they probably don't care.
If they can target specific brain activity like this then the potential for many other types of mental interference exist as well like - sight, memory, hearing, etc.
Not good, not good at all

Did anyone even read the article? It doesn't "mess with brain waves" or do anything physiological. It's like when you're on a cell phone, and the connection is really bad and you can hear yourself as you speak, but theres a second or two delay. It makes it hard to carry on a conversation, unless you block out your own voice.

Half these comments it seems people are under the impression they're shooting lasers into our heads and screwing with our brain waves. Thats not the case. Read the article.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
We are speculating on where this could go, nothing more nothing less.
The fact of the matter is brain waves can be manipulated, which is why some people are curious and concerned.
This is just a discussion on how this tech can be implemented and the outcome.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Good on ya man.
You're right in that it is completely harmless but very confusing to the intended target.
My mind automatically went somewhere it shouldn't on this.I made the gross assumption that it would be very high tech and utilize all sorts of exotic technologies. As you point out it is completely safe and pretty low-tech. Thanks.

I've experienced this kind of delay before while recording music and it will definitely mess with your head.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Perfect tool to handle the wife

Great invention.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I'll tell you one thing.

If I was in a library, or wherever, and somebody pointed this device at me, I would walk up to the person, take this device, and promptly smash them over the head with it.

I'm quite serious.

My sentiments EXACTLY!!! I love how you think

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So if there is some kind of protest that the govtm dosnt like. They just aim this thing at the main speakers of the protestors and silence him/them? The mind boggles at the thought of this being used on our own population.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
something called TMS, or trans-cranial magnetic stimulation, has been used to turn on or off different parts of the brain using strong magnetic pulses.

on one reporter, they turned off his speech center and he literally couldn't say anything, so yes, technology similar to this could theoretically stop someone from speaking altogether.

TMS has various medical uses, including rehabilitation after strokes, and it's range is limited. the person needs several minutes of receiving the pulses to experience a change, but if another method was found to alter neuron firing patterns, you could have a device that could literally do anything to anyone.

at the push of a button, you could cause people to become paralyzed, or so full of rage that they go on a killing spree. you could make them feel a debilitating amount of fear, or incredible pain. it would probably be called "humane" because it wouldn't cause physical damage or lasting effects, but it would be truly evil technology.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'll bet the house farm this thing couldn't shut my mum up when she stars up. lol

Im sure my dad would be very interested in such a device hahaha wait till I tell him about it.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
There's an amazing amount here of people only reading half the original article,or even worse still turning it into what they want it to say.
As pointed out above,it doesn't mess with brainwaves and the mobile phone analogy is a good one.The one I thought of is at large open air events that use a PA system and radio microphones,if you walk even a short distance away (less than 100 metres) it only needs a 1/2 second or so delay to make it impossible to speak,or at least I couldn't the only time I've been in this situation.As you walk back towards the speakers the delay gets less and it gets easier to speak again.

The simple way around this is to wear headphones that are fed with your voice un-delayed and close mic'd so it can only pick up your direct voice and no ambient sounds.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx

The simple way around this is to wear headphones that are fed with your voice un-delayed and close mic'd so it can only pick up your direct voice and no ambient sounds.

I think its funny you breing that up, because when i read how this device works i emediatly thought of my gaming back round.

Ive been playing online since voice comms was available for gamers and the echo come sup quite a lot when anothe ruser keys up at the same time but he uses a speaker setup not headphones and you get blasted with what you just said a few seconds before. Ive actually got used to this and rather shouting "aaaahh feedback" i ignore my own voice and finish my sentence, then tell himn i got terrible feedback.

My point being some poeple might actually already be hardend to this sort of device, so varying effects just like a taser on a big guy i guess.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchPlayer

Nice post, however I already beat you to it yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

A gun that would silence me, I wonder if it would stop me from bashing your skull in?

not directed toward you OP
edit on 2-3-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The effect is incredibly confusing to the human brain, making it all but impossible to talk or hold a conversation.
from link above

Interesting... wounder if they used it on any of the News anchors in the last 2 years.. due to their slurred speech on live TV?

also to note, the article didn't mention any side effects or the brain damage it would cause.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
They may be able to stop you from talking, but they can't stop you from farting really loud.
And even if they figured out how to do that, you could still lay one that's "Silent but Deadly".

Why does this topic make me revert to my 12-year old self?

I guess it just sounds so sci-fi silly like a 70's Star Trek episode and I have a hard time getting all worked up into a frenzy over all of the possible permutations of a brain-taser weapon and how it (or something theoretical - *like it*) *could be* used in the year 2525.

Seriously people, let's not devolve into cowering in fear to imaginary worst-case "what if" scenarios.

Delaying hearing to brain signal WILL NOT silence you. I'm an audio professional and audio latency will mess with your ability to continue speaking if you're hearing a delayed signal, but it wouldn't silence you altogether. That would take a brain interface technology of some sort to ACTUALLY disrupt your brain's control over the larynx, which is something so extraordinary that people will deny its existence without evidence.

Besides, there are a million ways they could possibly control minds.

Go read "Thanks for the Memories" by Brice Taylor.
If you Google it with "PDF" it'll take you to a direct download link.
She made it freely available as public domain so this isn't violating any copyrights whatsoever.
It's a thrilling read and it pertains to her years as a mind-controlled sex slave. She names names bigtime.
And the credibility of her writing is self-evident. She says Bob Hope was her main handler.. well, and Kissinger.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

The effect is incredibly confusing to the human brain, making it all but impossible to talk or hold a conversation.
from link above

Interesting... wounder if they used it on any of the News anchors in the last 2 years.. due to their slurred speech on live TV?

also to note, the article didn't mention any side effects or the brain damage it would cause.

I'm sure in a thread this long, nobody reads the whole thing... but I already mentioned this in a previous post, with a video link to one of the worst cases of this newscaster gibberish phenomenon. Serena Branson.. whoa.. it was a doozy. They tried to say random stroke, but I call BS on that HARD!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Why would you hit them over the head? I would use it on them and run with the tech! Theres loads of people i could use a device like this...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hope they test it on Justin Bieber.

edit on 2-3-2012 by BrianDamage because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join