Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Silence Gun: Strange weapon of the future immediately quiets you, whether you like it or not

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I'm thinking that if there is tech to silence speech by messing with brainwaves then voice to skull tech has to be real and targeted individuals who complain of being harassed should be taken seriously instead of being labeled as psychotic/schizophrenic.

Just sayin...

I don't think it's anywhere near the same kind of technology .. but I get what you're say'n.. and the implications of that are quite severe.

Technology such as this serves only one purpose: Oppression. It should be destroyed.. and the researchers I find just as concerning as the technology its self. What a sad age we live in.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
i was going to say somthing

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
What kind of jobsworth librarian have you got to be to actually use one of those on people.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown
What kind of jobsworth librarian have you got to be to actually use one of those on people.

Its a new breed of militant librarian extremists!

oh that made me laugh, the silence gun is a stupid idea.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Huggiesunrise

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I'll tell you one thing.

If I was in a library, or wherever, and somebody pointed this device at me, I would walk up to the person, take this device, and promptly smash them over the head with it.

I'm quite serious.

and then you would be tased.

Librarians carry tasers?

The point is that I have the right to free speech as a human being. As a Canadian, I have a right to free speech "within reasonable limits".

This entails that I have a right against suppression of speech.

And quite honestly, I'd feel no sympathy for anyone who would submit themselves to someone else using such a device. How useless people are, if they cannot pursuade others through communication, and even more useless if they submit to such measures without a stand.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Time to learn morse code/sign language/military hand signals!

Thankfully there are ways to communicate without speaking-unless they decide to cut peoples hands off..

What a crazy idea though...They would get sign lanuage from me if I saw someone using this device-and it would be in the form of a middle finger salute.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Can this be used on some politicians who spew nothing but garbage? (What is the max range/distance from the device to the target?)

I can see this used in restaurants on screaming patrons. It would also be great to silence neighbors who may be engaged in loud sex acts or in a verbal altercation.

I ultimately think this is an infringement of the right to speech. I am permitted to speak freely and not have a fear of being silenced,

How will this device work on people who have a hearing impairment? I gather gun-range ear plugs would work to silence the device.

What will they come up with next?

I'm savign my money for the "transport you to another universe gun" to come out. Now that's the winning ticket!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Some governments around the world already possess similar technology. Through speakers that are in areas in cities they can emit a frequency that can stimulate certain conditions. We cannot hear many of these frequencies and their action works almost like music. They can make us sleepy, make us mad, make us quiet or mellow, call us to a place by sort of making us curious, or make us stay away from a place because we do not feel right about being there. Why does this post say future? All these things have been around for a while. The technology is only in places deemed as a possible hotspot but portable units are used also. I haven't heard of any lasting side effects of their use, and of course some people are unaffected by them for some strange reason. So nothing they use is full proof.

I've read articles published by agencies of our government about these things occasionally. Seems that these agencies like to brag a little about their advancements. I suppose the technology is old and declassified already and the use of other technology that they created now is better. They also invented a sound gun that can blast a hole through a person, some holes even so small they just give you sort of a heart attack or something that is undetectable. The frequency is outside the frequency of sound that most people can hear. I'm not worried, I'm not challenging these people, I'm trying to coax them to correct some of the problems in their system though. Some people will never see their own misconceptions but I guess I have to try anyway.

It would be interesting to see some of this technology in action, watching alongside someone initiating it and having them explain how it works. That would be cool. I see no lasting side effects in any of this technology, it's just crowd control technology. Better than teargas

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesII
I ultimately think this is an infringement of the right to speech. I am permitted to speak freely and not have a fear of being silenced

No, "YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT"!!
This adds a whole new level and dimension of meaning to the Miranda rights.. doesn't it?

My point is:. if you are stirring up trouble (breaking the law) they can suspend your rights in order to apprehend and detain you.

Originally posted by EyesII
How will this device work on people who have a hearing impairment? I gather gun-range ear plugs would work to silence the device.

It's not using the hearing to interface with and jam the brain. It's using some other form of interface to stimulate the brain how it needs to. It seems to use one's hearing (delay their ear-to-brain signal by a fraction of a second) to do what it does (according to the article).

But I don't believe that's all it does because that wouldn't silence people... it would result in them saying gibberish, which is why I brought up the brain-farting newscasters who lose their speech abilities in an instant, but for an extended period of seconds (more than just a momentary stumble or a stutter).

So yeah, a voice/hearing time-delay shifter might frustrate someone til they shut up, but won't silence them with that technique.

To silence someone, you need to effect the brain to larynx control and screw dealing with the ears.
The description to me shows a gibberish (a speech degradation) weapon, not a "silencing" weapon.

edit on 2-3-2012 by LeonoraTenen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Huggiesunrise

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I'll tell you one thing.

If I was in a library, or wherever, and somebody pointed this device at me, I would walk up to the person, take this device, and promptly smash them over the head with it.

I'm quite serious.

and then you would be tased.

Theres already "silence rooms" in new library's as far as i can tell it literally disrupt local sources of sound such a thing has too many implications for stealth then shutting you up.

Infact im sure the last thing well see this being used for is the shut up gun thier showing here.

But as a form of active sound insulation that beats padding especially for exsactly when you need it? ... This is a great thing.

especially in those apartments with thin walls.

And then I would do it again.

Just like if they take out guillotines, like some threads, those babies would burn. Torch them immediately.

No people should ever be standing around passivley , BLEETING, when they pull anything out.

That is when the REBEL YELL cry is given. Though I don't believe in harming a person, I will not stand by quietly and allow this, and would target all equipment massively.

Including their drones.

Their FASCISM IS ILLEGAL.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Understand some ABC's of law and life. Fascism, is MAJOR HARM AND ENSLAVEMENT, it violates the most basic common laws.

It is a massive crime and therefore it is every citizens duty and responsibility to stand up and overpower the fascist. And perform an arrest of this criminal. And if there are only criminal judges and courts.

Councils of Citizens will need to create their own LEGAL ones. Because Fascist ones, ARE ILLEGAL CRIMES.

This is BASIC COMMON LAW. THE ONLY LEGAL LAW.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
You could technically silence someone with a modified form of white noise generator that cancels out certain frequencies and makes the voice sound garbled. OOPs, maybe I shouldn't be giving these people new ideas
I'm sure someone has thought of that already

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Their FASCISM IS ILLEGAL.

No it's not illegal.. every right they take away from us, is justified by a "legal" suspension of Constitutional Law, called the Patriot Act and 9-11 enabled them and accomplished that for them.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Am I the only one realizing how silly this "Silence Gun" really is? I mean seriously why would we need this? Personally I'll just continue doing what Darth Vader does. This seems to work very well and no gun needed. And no threat to long term brain problems ..lol

Silence peon!

Sorry had too...LOL

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think ATSers, in the near future, we are going to see technology such as this that can literally paralyze part of the brain, as some earlier posters said, making our speech sound like gibberish. How easy would it be then to have people arrested or detained for being "public nuisances", "mentally unstable", "violent protesters" because lets just face it, if a device on this order was used on a crowd of 10,000 protesters, and they all collectively went from being literate human beings with speech skills to human beings blabbering at the mouth, the first reaction would be horror. The second terror. The third anger. The fourth people reacting violently trying to get their words back, especially if the capacity to still think in audible language is there. This is like being forced into a lightweight stroke.

I'm not FEAR MONGERING here...we need to be objective in looking at this from the worst possible scenario because anything that messes with the brain in any way shape or form is DANGEROUS. Brain waves and frequency should not be messed with by these Young Frankensteins. Now imagine you implement this weapon on people whose food is already contaminated with god knows what, plus people who are on mental medications and maybe bi-polar (a rather new phenomenom and a totally different subject), austistic, or even Schizo....you are asking for a ass slapping in the face.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Does it work on the deaf ?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Point that sucker at Justin Bieber and Lady Gagga.
Please?

I am wondering how this would work in a library though-if it fuddles your brain up,will that not also prevent you from being able to read as well?

Stupid invention IMO.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Did you see them

Probably...I'm thinking anybody with the capacity to have brain signals. This may even mess them up for communicating if they can tweak it to kill the motor function of the arms and hands.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Going a bit farther with the idea of altering brain signals....I wonder if this would have any unintended effect on people who already have issues with signals in their brains, such as those with epilepsy? And my thinking is that if this gun can manipulate signals within the brain, could it not also induce a seizure in a person who previously had no such problem?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchPlayer

They only use this type of technology on people if they are trying to create civil unrest. If you don't try to create the unrest you have nothing to worry about. I'll stay away from these kind of events myself, maybe watch from afar. It's not only Government that uses this technology, it seems it really isn't illegal. Sound technology can make you buy things you did not intend to buy. Knowledge of psychology is also used against us or to cause us to form our own conditioning. Sooooooo many people want control over us.
I'm trying to shed all my puppet strings. Hope I don't fall flat on my face after the last ones gone
edit on 2-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join