It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silence Gun: Strange weapon of the future immediately quiets you, whether you like it or not

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Silence Gun: Strange weapon of the future immediately quiets you, whether you like it or not

news.yahoo.com

The developers say the gun could be used for seemingly innocuous purposes, such as enforcing rules requiring library patrons to keep quiet. It could also see action during large meetings when it is important that onlookers not disrupt the speaker; anyone who fancies a noisy outburst would immediatley be silenced by the high-tech handheld.

The free speech implications of the speech jammer are somewhat disconcerting: A protestor or speaker at a political rally could be easily silenced...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well People. This is it. A new weapon that will utterly enforce censorship on a grand scale. If they talking about it now, then they already have developed it some 20 years ago. How exactly do you block this?

We all knew that there were things that were being utilized to experiment on the human psyche. But a technological device specifically designed to shut off the ability to speak, in a symbiotic temporal paralysis of the brain waves that allow for speech pattern is a bit alarming. ESPECIALLY if this can be developed to be used say on a crowd of unhappy protesters. What do you think ATS?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+35 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'll tell you one thing.

If I was in a library, or wherever, and somebody pointed this device at me, I would walk up to the person, take this device, and promptly smash them over the head with it.

I'm quite serious.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm thinking that if there is tech to silence speech by messing with brainwaves then voice to skull tech has to be real and targeted individuals who complain of being harassed should be taken seriously instead of being labeled as psychotic/schizophrenic.

Just sayin...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It says the "gun" attempts to confuse your brain by off-setting synchronization of speech and hearing. Well, I feel that if someone was already aware that this would happen could just keep shouting and over-power their brain with willpower easily.

Just keep shouting.
edit on 2-3-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: Typo.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This type of tech truly disturbs me. Messing with brain waves and such reminds me of the documentary The Century Of Self combined with a grand Eugenics experiment.Controlling the masses at a grander stage and scale. What's next, Project Bluebeam + this contraption?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I'm thinking that if there is tech to silence speech by messing with brainwaves then voice to skull tech has to be real and targeted individuals who complain of being harassed should be taken seriously instead of being labeled as psychotic/schizophrenic.

Just sayin...

Is the article linked here the same as the one posted earlier?

Because they do not mess with your brainwaves. It sends your talk back to you a split second after you speak, which causes your inability to concentrate on what you are saying, effectively making you shut up!

As the other article stated, our brains are able to hear our own words as we speak them, and not become distracted but if it is offset by a fraction, then it cannot focus on what it is going to say next.

And it was the Japanese who tinkered with this to make it news, so the 'they had it 20 years ago' line here fails.

But whatever, let the paranoia and scare mongering begin!!! they're frying our brains with technoscanningvoice killers!!!!11

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Imagine all the control freak teachers getting a hold of these

Or mall cops

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Imagine all the control freak teachers getting a hold of these

Or mall cops

Or security guards at a club who don't feel like communicating with a drunk patron. A damn good way to provoke a patron into ending up in jail with only the sober guard's word against them.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
its about time someone came up with this idea they should use it on politicians life would be so much easier without them spouting some of the crap they come out with in parliament or in the US congress and my boss lol

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

When the human brain hears its own speech perfectly in sync during normal speech, it easily processes the input and allows you to largely ignore the sound of your own voice. However, by offsetting the response just a bit, the brain hears your mouth speaking as well as the strange echo effect produced by the gun. This unusual combination is confusing enough to effectively shut down the part of your brain responsible for managing speech, and you fall immediately silent.

While this is true you can get over it. I record music for a living, every now and then when I go to a new studio and the program isn't set up a certain way it will produce this late feedback, but you can fix it. One time I kept it going to see if I could get over it because at first it was overpowering and annoying, I really couldn't concentrate, but after a few moments it passed and I could go on with a normal conversation. That's just my personal experience though, maybe this weapon will be something else? Anyways, I thought I should share that.
edit on 2-3-2012 by concernedcitizen519 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I'll tell you one thing.

If I was in a library, or wherever, and somebody pointed this device at me, I would walk up to the person, take this device, and promptly smash them over the head with it.

I'm quite serious.

and then you would be tased.

Theres already "silence rooms" in new library's as far as i can tell it literally disrupt local sources of sound such a thing has too many implications for stealth then shutting you up.

Infact im sure the last thing well see this being used for is the shut up gun thier showing here.

But as a form of active sound insulation that beats padding especially for exsactly when you need it? ... This is a great thing.

especially in those apartments with thin walls.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I wonder if this is the behind the gibberish-talking newscasters, a phenomenon which has occurred numerous times...

When you combine Nano-Piezoelectric technology, with frequency-to-voltage functionality, you can see how Scalar Wave technology can be used together with nano-piezo.

Morgellons could be linked to Nano-semiconductors.. and this is another rising phenomenon.

Transhumanism and Synthetic Biology crossover with Nano-tech and AI/VR.
Ray Kurzweil talks of this alot.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Probably not the most thought out weapon when you think about it.

Silence people's right to speak freely, especially in protest situations, and what do they have left to speak out literally with?

This will just turn peaceful protests violent taking away people's right to communicate verbally, when it leaves them with no option other than to start hurling fists or other projectiles.

When you think about it though, with all the "breakups" (read over-the-top-violence-against-unarmed-citizens) of the occupy movements and protests in general, add to this the new anti-protest laws, this could be the ultimate weapons in the world takeover.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I suppose this would be the STFU -1000?
How do they know this doesn't cause long-term brain damage?
If it's like other devices tested by the Pentagon they probably don't care.
If they can target specific brain activity like this then the potential for many other types of mental interference exist as well like - sight, memory, hearing, etc.
Not good, not good at all

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I suppose this would be the STFU -1000?

Reminds me of the BFG9000 from the Doom days...

That weapon had excellent silencing abilities if I recall...

Not sure if the F in either means "friendly" though...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
If that thing works on people's incorrigible, screaming brats, I would pay anything for one.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I'll tell you one thing.

I'm quite serious.

I would advice to not do that, just 'fire' the 'weapon' at him/her, then put it in their pocket, and walk off, quietly.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
brilliant. how can you use free speech if you cannot speak, it's the whole Agent Smith bullcrap from the matrix.

at that point its time to bring out the real guns, for some silencing.. yeah I said it.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Has anybody seen "orgasmo" they have a gun that fires orgasms lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join