It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Miserable is your state on the state by state misery index?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I just saw this on the internet about our current misery index "lucky me" in one of the states with the highest ratings of misery and I can personally attest to the accuracy of the map!!!!

Mark Duell

Well that won't cheer up anyone! 'Misery index' shows depth of U.S. housing crisis in each state as analysts fear 'TRIPLE-DIP' If you venture into New York, Washington D.C. or Los Angeles you’ll find that house prices are a full 50 per cent above the levels they were 12 years ago - but that’s far from representative of the U.S.Nevada has the worst misery by some distance - in front of Florida, Arizona and California, which are well above Michigan in fifth. It’s no surprise some experts fear that the U.S. is already in a ‘triple dip’.

Hopefully you live in a nicer state.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Nice find. I thought My home state of Michigan would be considered one of the worst but Florida and Nevada seem to take the cake. And they don't have our harsh winters either.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Good thing I'm in Texas then! Our economy didn't seem to tank as hard as some states, but we have had our share of bad times too. Lots of friends lost jobs, stock money, cars, and houses here. My heart goes out to the states that were hit so hard. Hopefully well all get better soon.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Yes, I know you guys were pretty lucky in being able to stay out of the economic fray. There's quite a few good things to say about the state of Texas (Republic), yes I know the difference. Sometimes I think I should move there just stay away from the borders!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
"triple dip recession" haha, that made me laugh. By the end of this whole economic crisis, it will have been a centuple dip recession.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

By the time this ends we'll probably all be indentured to China. Sad ending for a great way of life.

top topics

join