It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange Dart-like Craft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well this ones a sighting over the "Sister's" and Mount Jefferson in Oregon on Sept. 16, 2011 by a airline transport pilot. He said he was snapping pics of the mountains and while he was these flew parallel to his craft and overtook his plane. So what do you think, I can't decide whether the box is to highlight the craft or if this is just a photoshop job

www.nuforc.org...

www.thetruthbehindthescenes.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
it actually looks like a dead insect, or something, smudged on the window he took the pic from.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm a little skeptical everything in the pic is clear except for the orange object. It may be because the thing is moving at a different rate of speed. The box highlighting the orange thing in the first picture is a little strange too.

Cool concept, I hope it's real. Thanks for the post.
edit on 1-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
looks like the hind legs of an ant missing a foot.....maybe it could be refuse from the aircraft at high altitude levels

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

I think this has already been covered. I'll have to look for the thread. If I remember correctly no one could ever say what it was.
The close ups in this thread are good though.
for that. I'm still not sure what it is though. Maybe it is just a bug. If not.....who knows.

* And for Stewie. I think the "highlighted box" around the object is a reflection in the window. There is another reflection just under the wing.

TXML

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by txMEGAlithic

I thought it would have and I tried a couple different searchs and couldn't find any so just thought I'd put it on here. The box is a reflection just noticed that.

And for you and @lordpiney it does kind of look like a bug now that I think about it. Always have that little hope in the back of your mind that it isn't a bug though.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordpiney
it actually looks like a dead insect, or something, smudged on the window he took the pic from.

Yeah, that makes sense because if it was something in the distance is should be at least as crisp and clear as the mountains and the aircraft wing, but it's blurriness indicates that it had to have been very close to the camera. It looks like out-of-focus blurriness rather than blurriness due to the object moving fast.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

I wonder what kind of camera it was taken with because maybe it has a auto focus similar to how my iphone works. When looking at scenery and its already focused on the background if something comes in the picture closer to the POV the camera has to refocus before it becomes unblurry.

And if it was moving as fast as it was, I think the duration of the sighting was recorded at like .5 of a second the cameras internal's probably never even got the chance to notice the craft in the picture.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

It seems something cough up in the wing that is being dragged. But his testimony says it overtook the plane...

Easily faked or explained (if we discard the testimony) and does not seem a technological artifact...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It sort of looks like Iron Man flying the opposite direction of the plane. Possible shoop? I could buy the bug theory if someone could post a bug that resembles that. I've seen plenty of wasps and hornets, and they still resemble wasps and hornets in flight.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I wonder what kind of camera it was too. It makes sense that the camera might not of had time to focus on the object as it was already focused on the scenery. But the wing is in focus too. That's what throws me off on that. Maybe it was traveling really fast. I don't want to sound like a skeptic at all. And I want to believe the testimony.
Hoaxers ruined it for every 'legit' eyewitness.

*good point about the amount of time it took for the camera to actually capture the image. I'm no photographer!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Very interesting report, S&F for the finding.

What we have is two photos taken, as the EXIFs says, 7" apart (note#1 and #3), with an Iphone 4.
Full exifs datas of both photos can be seen using EXIFTool for example:

Notes:
1-3 The shoots were taken the same day, 2011/09/16 and 7" apart, at 11h16'28" and 11h16'35" and wasn't modified afterward.
2- Technical datas:
* Exposure time: 1/1676
* Aperture value: 2.8
* ISO 80
* Flash auto but did not fire
4- Image resolution max is conform to what we can expect from an Iphone 4, i-e 2592*1936.
5- GPS app on

If we remove the GPS tags from the exifs datas, these are 100% conform to EXIFs datas from another Iphone 4 original shoot:

Now, we all know that EXIFs datas are not anymore reliable to say whether a picture have been tampered with or not, as it's easy to modify them of replace them as a whole with a dedicated software or an hexadecimal software.
However, it gives us some technical indications that could help to determine if it's consistent with what we can see in the photo.

One thing that immediately comes to mind is the blurry aspect of the "UFO", that have to be compared with the sharpness of both the distant background mountains and the airplane close wing.
Meaning that the "UFO" is out of the Depth of Field, then either very close to the camera and then very small or very far away from it and then have to be huge (probably at the clouds level (Cirrus or Cirrostratus: above 6,000 m (16,500 ft))...

To be continued...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordpiney

Yes, it depends in fact of the distance between the camera lens and the window. If this distance is enough short, a slight move to the left could be enough to make the smudged object on the window to change its apparent position and that this move couldn't be perceptible in any change of the relative position of the plane wings in my composition above.
So, yes it could very well be a smudge on the window plane or even on the camera lens itself.

There's no motion blur, so the object is simply out-of-focus.

Something is wrong with the testimony as well!

I didn’t see it...

...but the witness is speaking all the way long as if he saw it. Looks like an afterwards extrapolation from the "UFO" appearance on the pictures.

The order of the pictures attached here is the series of the 3...

...where is the third picture? I guess that NUFORC haven't release it since the "UFO" is not anymore visible:

the last shot as the thing is hidden by the wing....

I don't understand why NUFORC haven't release this third picture, as any document have its importance, even if there's nothing to see on it, and especially if it's a part of a series.
edit on 2-3-2012 by elevenaugust because: spelling

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
There is a youtube video of this same thing, I can't remember the title but it's there. The object can barely be seen at the right side, then jets to the same spot in the still frame here in the video. If anyone can find it and post it it would help with analysis. Unfortunately, I don't have the time this morning to track it down.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Yes, it depends in fact of the distance between the camera lens and the window. If this distance is enough short, a slight move to the left could be enough to make the smudged object on the window to change its apparent position and that this move couldn't be perceptible in any change of the relative position of the plane wings in my composition above.

Forgot to add that this is due to a parallax effect

Originally posted by Darkchemistry
There is a youtube video of this same thing, I can't remember the title but it's there. The object can barely be seen at the right side, then jets to the same spot in the still frame here in the video. If anyone can find it and post it it would help with analysis. Unfortunately, I don't have the time this morning to track it down.

If it's this one you refer to:

...then I guess it is useless since it only copy/paste the NUFORC report, plus it don't have the first photo of the sequence.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Thanks for looking but that wasn't the one; I felt bad about mentioning seeing it there leaving people hanging...I decided to put off business until later; so I could find the one I was talking about. it is here: www.youtube.com... For those that can't view youtube videos...the video shows OP's pictures, as well as some zoomed etc. Here is a link to the nuforc.org report: www.nuforc.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
where are the three shots? i only see different sizes of the same shot

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I have never seen a third shot on this report, has anyone else seen it? I have heard talk of it from this thread, I watched the video I posted about 2 weeks ago. So I have no idea if there is a third shot or not....is there?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I know what this is..

Double Engined Plane dumped out some of its Oil........... Too Easy....

Could be for weight Reasons... either way that is Plane Fuel dispersed high in the Sky

new topics

top topics

join