It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Commission Senators Change Their Story, Admit They Didn't Fully Investigate: OS BS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm quoting from a post of mine on another thread but didn't see this story up yet and thought it deserved it's own thread.

Now it seems that Bob Graham and Bob Kerrey of the 9/11 Commission are just now, nearly 11 years out from the event, saying that they believe Saudi Arabia was involved.

Two former Senators who led inquiries into the 9/11 attacks have issued sworn statements that they believe the government of Saudi Arabia, a key U.S. ally in the fight on terrorism, may have played a role in the terror attacks ten years ago. "I am convinced that there was a direct line between at least some of the terrorists who carried out the September 11th attacks and the government of Saudi Arabia," said former Senator Bob Graham, a Florida Democrat, in an affidavit filed as part of a lawsuit brought against the Saudi government by families of Sept. 11 victims and others.

Graham led a 2002 Congressional probe of the attacks. 9/11 Anniversary: Airports, Amtrak Prep Watch Video Bob Kerrey, a Nebraska Democrat who served on the 9/11 Commission, said in a separate affidavit that "significant questions remain unanswered" about the role of Saudi institutions. "Evidence relating to the plausible involvement of possible Saudi government agents in the September 11th attacks has never been fully pursued."

abcnews.go.com...

Never been fully pursued? May have played a role? Seriously? Everyone has known that most of the purported hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and they are just bringing this up now? And "never been fully pursued" is a way of saying that for something that was supposed to be as conclusive as the 9/11 report there were things that they just didn't bother to investigate.

and yet this current conviction that Saudi Arabia was involved is contradicted by the Commission Report which

The commission also concluded 15 of the 19 hijackers who carried out the attacks were from Saudi Arabia, but found no evidence the government of Saudi Arabia conspired in the attacks, or that it funded the attackers.

en.wikipedia.org...

Which is it? And if they were so convinced that they are bringing it up now why did they not mention it as a possibility at the time of the investigations and report?

To be fair it was in response to the Saudi's saying that they were exonerated to which one of the Bob's replied:

Sen. Kerrey's affidavit said it was "incorrect" for the Saudis to claim that the 9/11 Commission had "exonerated" them. "Stated simply, the 9/11 Commission did not have the time, opportunity or resources to pursue all potentially relevant evidence on that important question, and the American public deserves a more comprehensive inquiry into the issue," wrote Kerrey.

Yes, we do deserve a more comprehensive inquiry. Before sending us to war in 2 countries they should have allocated the resources to "pursue all potentially relevant evidence."

The affidavits are part of a multibillion-dollar lawsuit that has been working its way through the federal courts since 2002. Though the U.S. Justice Department has joined the Saudis in trying to have lawsuits against the Saudis thrown out of court

That's even worse! 2 Senators and Omission members are convinced the Saudis are involved but the Justice Department wants to have the suits thrown out?

Yet more proof of the fact that we need a true independent investigation.

edit on 1-3-2012 by coyotepoet because: 2nd part

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Is it that Iran is getting a bit too hot at the moment, so an easier target with Saudi Arabia is getting lined up to keep the military entertained? Zionism does seam like a strange hybrid with a mix of nazi and jew cultures born from the ashes of war.

There are defiantly some questions to present to Saudi Arabia, but when digging deeper there are bigger questions closer to home that needs addressing as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

"The financiers and enablers of those who murdered our loved ones are still alive, well and capable of supporting terrorism. The trail back to them still points to Saudi Arabia."

Its strange how it was not investigated . you would think with the majority of them being from saudi that you would start there ... but no . I figured they would have been all over that investigation . But just let it go because they stratch uncle sams hairy back.

"Stated simply, the 9/11 Commission did not have the time, opportunity or resources to pursue all potentially relevant evidence on that important question, and the American public deserves a more comprehensive inquiry into the issue," wrote Kerrey.

American public deserve alot , but like wild animals , rights and priviliges is dangled in the air infront of them .

According to Sen. Graham, open questions include possible financial support of al Qaeda by Saudi charities

lol , i can't wait to see what comes of this . It can't just be imcompetance !

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This is the kind of conspiracy that actually has some merit. The idea that 911 was planned to invade Iraq/Afghanistan of course doesn't make much sense as the terrorist were mostly Saudi. However, the idea that 911 was used after the event by several people in power to forward their agenda seems likely to me, and twisting the facts about the terrorists background is part of that. To me it has always been troublesome that they never released the promised solid evidence that OBL was involved, which was an argument to get other countries involved in their wars. The country I live was suckered into the wars. Of course its mainly because of the high economical dependence on the USA, so my countries doesn't even needed very good reasons to get involved, but other countries may have been mislead.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
As executive director Phillip Zelikow is the person responsible for what did and did not get investigated. As a Bush administration insider his position was sorely compromised and like Henry Kissinger he should have been recused for conflicts of interest.
Lee Hamilton was another primary gatekeeper in that he was co-chair of the Iran-Contra investigation which failed to hold accountable those in the White House like Oliver North who were trading drugs for money and arms for hostages.
The 9/11 Commission report may have been poorly funded yet it was political considerations that kept the real facts from being brought out.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Thank you for bringing this up, and why is it not one of the lead stories here? The new New Topics configuration, with only a few treads listed before they vanish under the radar may have caused this story to go underreported here, and that's the very negative downside of taking away a huge space on NewTopics for massive advertising.

On Morning Joe yesterday Joe Scarbrough did report this briefly, but kept saying that this shouldn't be brought up now, why is it being brought up now, in essence coming out in favor of surpressing it.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
When the establishment starts pointing the finger you know they are scared and have been recognised as the culprits.

The federal reserve bank, CIA, and a corporate military unit carried out 9/11. Saudi Arabia have nothing to do with this.

Are people really that stupid to believe the establishment who killed all those people?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

The 9/11 Commission report may have been poorly funded yet it was political considerations that kept the real facts from being brought out.

That's precisely what I'm saying. That and the fact that it was intentionally poorly funded due to issues regarding the second half of your sentence.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

well the question is as always...were they really fron SA....I mean if MOSSAD was involve(which i tend to think) then falsifying the passports and leaving behind a trail of evidence corroborating that end seem like the perfect senario to me.....and also made it easy for ehud barak to say without pause that it was al qaeda.....all so convient.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

The Saudi government acknowledged long ago that 15 of the 19 hi-jackers were their citizens :-

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

In another year or so, they will reveal that 911 was funded by the Pakistani ISI.

These journalist should open ATS accounts, we discussed these talking points years ago.

Funded by Pakistan, carried out by Saudi, Overlooked by the CIA.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-
This is the kind of conspiracy that actually has some merit. The idea that 911 was planned to invade Iraq/Afghanistan of course doesn't make much sense as the terrorist were mostly Saudi. However, the idea that 911 was used after the event by several people in power to forward their agenda seems likely to me, and twisting the facts about the terrorists background is part of that. To me it has always been troublesome that they never released the promised solid evidence that OBL was involved, which was an argument to get other countries involved in their wars. The country I live was suckered into the wars. Of course its mainly because of the high economical dependence on the USA, so my countries doesn't even needed very good reasons to get involved, but other countries may have been mislead.

From what I've learned over the years I was deeply involved in this investigation the Saudis were the paymasters - meaning that all financing would be connected to them - to ensure that the US government would find it extremely difficult to publicly attach them to the plot (given the oil relationship and the central role SA plays in stabilizing US relationships within the OPEC cartel). That doesn't mean that they were necessarily the initiators or planners of the 9/11 plot. That just means that the Saud family was within the cabal's fold, and closely tied with the actual planners and implementers.

This was a corporate hit, and the sectors involved were defense (munitions, contracting and intelligence), construction, energy, and banking. The trillions of dollars that have since been siphoned out of our Treasury for the 2 wars and the war on terror is what the hit was all about, and the immediate drop off of big ticket defense spending by the US following the collapse of the USSR is what made the 9/11 hit necessary. The big defense money needed another existential threat for their #1 customer, and Al Qaeda has filled that bill successfully.
edit on 3/2/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I seem to remember an ex state department employee talking about issuing visas in Jeddah to people that were already on terrorist watch lists.
I can't recall his name but I remember distinctly how they were told to override normal procedures and stamp the passports anyways.
As it turned out several of these ended being in the group of purported hijackers on 9/11.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I think you're thinking of Michael Springmann - he was at the Jeddah US Consulate in the 80s, but said that the visa program you're talking about continued long after and was probably in place when 11 of the hijackers received visas through Jeddah. I haven't seen confirmation of this, but it's an interesting read.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Any threads you can point out that discuss those points? I'll hit the ol' search button, but if there's anything you remember that you'd recommend reading I'd appreciate it. Curious to see what people think and what evidence they found.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Zionism was around LONG before WW2.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I'm awfully glad these two clowns are FORMER Office holders. I'd sure be calling for their resignations or removal from Office, otherwise. I guess this pretty well cinches it. Whatever anyone believes happened or didn't happen for 9/11, the nation has never had a proper investigation and accounting. THIS story pretty well makes that a hard fact.

So.. Lets get that proper investigation and let the facts lead where they may. It may come to the same place and it may not....the point is, the nation *NEEDS* this settled in a formal and official way for at least the Who, What and Why.

It's not optional...It's an imperative for national healing and understanding what has been *THE* defining event for more than one generation of Americans.

I'd suggest these two be charged with something..but I can't think what the crime would be for misleading the nation the way they did. As Senators, I think it's part of their job.
Lets drop the games and get THIS particular matter fully documented after fully investigated though. 9/11 is in a class all it's own.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by magicrat

Thanks, you are correct. It was Michael Springman who was a consular office employee with the State department in Jeddah. He left in '89 or so but according to him probably one half or more of the people working in his office were CIA.
According to him 15 of the 19 hijackers got their visas through the office in Jeddah.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I share the same sentiments as you but I'm sure neither the CIA, the DOD, former White House administration etc would be no more co-operative in a follow-up investigation than they were the first time around.
The Commission complained of being stone-walled and then given conflicting testimonies by people from each of these to the point that they were considering filing charges of obstruction of justice.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

lol brother..

they are NEVER going to attack saudia arabia..

Barack kissed the Kings Ring! look up what it means

top topics

<<   2 >>

join