It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprised? USA is all "Talk" - Fails Miserably in Clean Energy & Going Green

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Multiple sources report USA has been falling behind in clean energy "race"

USA politicians too busy politicizing it, and and bankers too busy monopoly it to get any real results for the sake of mother Earth, it seems!

Gouging supply and pricing basically are what they want. Real industrialists need to do their own planning and demo for it to prosper. The trick is to blend yours and Chinese supplies so competition can tell truths about themselves. Set up sites for projects and live data displaying online. Just displaying wholesale price list is outdated and confusing.

^ awesome video! puts everything in perspective as to where USA really has its head, as compared to other genuinely motivated/ambitious responsible countries

LOL

duhhh. Barry/Rothschilds are SO full of it

edit on 1-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

edit on 1-3-2012 by dayve because: skeetskeet

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

China still uses to much Coal in their everyday life.

The People's Republic of China is the largest consumer of coal in the world,[1] and is about to become the largest user of coal-derived electricity, generating 1.95 trillion kilowatt-hours per year, or 68.7% of its electricity from coal as of 2006 (compared to 1.99 trillion kilowatt-hours per year, or 49% for the US).[2][3] Hydroelectric power supplied another 20.7% of China's electricity needs in 2006.

China's coal mining industry is the largest and also deadliest in the world in terms of human safety[5] where thousands of people die every year in the coal pits, compared to 30 per year for coal power in the United States.[6] Coal production rose 8.1% in 2006 over the previous year, reaching 2.38 billion tons, and the nation's largest coal enterprises saw their profits exceed 67 billion yuan, or $8.75 billion.

I was born and raised in China, I did not come to America until 2005 to be with my husband. I used coal to cook and heat my home, Every day we bought bricks of coal.
Every day we wear mash to cover our nose because of the air pollution it was much worse in the winter months.
My city is in the north of China 12 hours by train to Beijing and 2 hours west of N. Korea.
Somebody is Yanking Your Chain, If You think China Cares,,,,,,,, They will talk a good story and tell the American companies moving there, YES, We Are Green,,, Yes, Clean Energy is Our Goal,,, Yes, You Invest in it we'll build it for you.

In cities the domestic burning of coal is no longer permitted. In rural areas coal is still permitted to be used Chinese households, commonly burned raw in unvented stoves. This fills houses with high levels of toxic metals leading to bad Indoor Air Quality (IAQ). In addition, people eat food cooked over coal fires which contains toxic substances. Toxic substances from coal burning include arsenic, fluorine, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and mercury. Health issues are caused which include severe arsenic poisoning, skeletal fluorosis (over 10 million people afflicted in China), esophageal and lung cancers, and selenium poisoning.

Last But Not Lest!!!

Demand for coal in China continues to increase, and it is estimated that it will be around 3.06 billion tons in 2010. Furthermore, it is expected that demand will soon exceed production due to factors such as a government crackdown on mines that are unsafe, polluting, or wasteful. Some were shut down for the 2008 Summer Olympics.

Some were shut down for the 2008 Summer Olympics.[/
So The Tourist Could Breath and See!!!
en.wikipedia.org...'s_Republic_of_China

edit on 1-3-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2012 by guohua because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Producing Windmills and Solar Panels require energy which more often than not are powered by coal.

And the process of producing the parts for these systems produce a crapload of toxic waste.

Oh the irony.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Having visited other countries in Europe , the Middle East, and the Indian sub continent, I can honestly say that the air in the US is cleaner than the smoggy , polluted air I breathed in Greece, India, and other places.."Green" industries may not be proliferating here, but our requirements for industry create much cleaner air than in many other countries!

new topics

top topics

join