Comet C/2013 B2 (Calistan) inbound to earth impact. [CWC]

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Enrique Calistan, from Brasil, spotted the comet first, and he would soon climb to the recognition the late Elenin did.

There's not much time left.

It's the year 2015, and the amateur Calistan had discovered and relayed the position of comet c/2013 b2 (Calistan) to the rest of the world, which has confirmed it's inbound trajectory. It appeared to be a normal comet.

At point two parsecs out, in 2013, it was. Just another normal comet, with a trajectory leaning on the outside of 2 Aus, well off the ecliptic. Nothing to worry about at all, they originally told us.

That was fine. No one had panicked yet.

When the comet changed course and altered it's speed, that's when it began. It was slow at first, the rumors, the silence from the MSM, but on ATS we had cracked the story wide open. It WAS an alien craft, on rendezvous with earth. Comet Calistan was a mothership, and a huge one at that. We received radio signals, and have been receiving them, since the ship entered our solar system. We've had no success in translation.

Now that it's orbiting above the earth, a huge 3000 kilometer shadow, we are locked in fear. There is no activity from the ship, other than the incessant repetition of the same signal.

TPTB have decided that nuclear immolation is a feasible resource to utilize. The DHS has no other options. Things are very tense.

An alien invasion seems imminent. With no contact, the world's governments are preparing all their nuclear arsenals. We will try to defend ourselves. The ship looms. I personally believe in irony. I have no hope that we would win against whatever alien technology is above us right now. I'm sure they are looking at us, with our primitive weapons, and wondering how long it would take for them to wipe our planet clean of our infestation.

A bright lad from Nova Scotia figured it out.

He deciphered the radio signal, and had given us the means by which to communicate. The signal is being transmitted on a folded subspace frequency, and as such, he created a receiver sub-program allowing the tuning of the frequency, which was easily parsed afterwards through a diacritic processor. He translated the message which has been repeated consistently over the past two years.

"WE come in peace. Respond."

With the ability to now reply, it was decided that the first message to send back would be:

"Welcome to Earth. We mean you no harm."

There was a pause.

The message sent back was:

"Message received. Awaiting protocols for establishing contact."

We were about to send a reply when a rocket launched from Baghdad. Noone really thought it'd really have nukes on it, but it did. There was no way we could stop it in time.

It blew a hole in the mothership, and a cavernous maw opened up in it's belly, showing it's wound to the world below. Afterwards, it slowly sank from orbit, and in the few hours NASA had to predict it's entry point, it had already landed in the Pacific Ocean, a mere kilometer from California, and the tsunami that followed washed out the west clear into Nevada.

The ship landed on the west coast, and soon after the troops started spilling out, insectoid creatures on a mad rampage. They left nothing in their path, except devastation. They moved across the USA, armored bugs that could withstand a 25mm shell from an M-1 Abrams, the message of peace lost with a single provoked attack.

I'm on the East Coast, and there's not much time left. They are already infiltrating the Mid-west, setting up hives and creating larvae.

The President of the United States will be on TV shortly to discuss the possibilities of Nuclear Immolation. He's talking controlled strikes, but I believe they are immune to radiation.

What I saw in the sky resembled an interstellar bee-hive. Yes, their ship looked like a looming hive. We hit it with a nuke, ripped open a side, and caused their propulsion system to go down. They landed here, mad as hornets, and while the workers are repairing their ship, the troopers are protecting.

Strange, aliens as insects.

Could we have lived in harmony, such as with honeybees?

There is not much time left. The President just ordered the first strike.

So much for poking the hornet's nest.

edit on 3/1/12 by Druid42 because: changed 2 parsecs to .2 parsecs, to fit storyline, before alien ship alters speed to compensate.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

nice story but check details like PARSEC mmm !! ??

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alexs

Ya got me. A parsec is 3.26 lya. I changed it to .2 parsecs, which should be about 15 AUs, more or less, but plenty of time for a fictional ship to change it's speed and alter course. Regardless, 2 parsecs was a stretch, apparently, so thanks for the input.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
ats is a site for fanfic now? lol
2nd line

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Sheesh give tha guy a break,

He posted in the right forum, nothing nice to say and all,

how about a comment on the story?

speaking of which,

I thought maybe it needs something a lil more uhh not District 9 maybe?

A lil more detail on the culprits...

of course I'm just a know speelin reednack ye no?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
what is this CWC stuff?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

"Contact" writing contest

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
S&F.

Round 1.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Good idea and details.
Are you going to add to it?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
S+F and good luck.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I wish I had read your story before posting mine. Well written and good concept.

The game is on indeed. Flagged no doubt.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I can so see this happening too, although I would immediately suspect some sort of US led conspiracy...

S&F

new topics

join