It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only fools and horses US version?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Wlf is going on are they taking liberty now the show creator has died? John Leguizamo as del boy, Dustin Ybarra is rodney trotter and Christopher Lloyd is playing grandad...The show will either be great like the origional or a huge disaster fingers crossed everything comes together but at the moment the only person that seems to fit the role is Christopher Lloyd what do you guys think?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
it'll pobably never work but i agree chistopher lloyd is their best choice.

"you plonker" wond sound funny coming from an american

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well i dont see how u can try and re-create a classic it always turns out bad but i do hope it turns out good im sick of them canceling good shows so gives me something to watch

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well I consider Only Fools and Horses as my all time favourite comedy but I have to admit I'm not too pleased a new, modern day version is being created here. They ended on a high and are still considered as one of the all time greats - It should be left at that in my opinion. If someone wants to make a new show, think of something new, don't go recreating something from the past just because it happened to be successful then. Be creative, come up with your own idea etc.

The fact that it's American as well is, and I certainly don't mean to offend you Americans out there, an utter disappointment. Our comedies are completely different you see, we seem to find different thing's funny especially when it comes to the way shows are made. Because of this the new Only Fools and Horses is also going to be completely different as well - That's a big shame because it may have the same name.. but it's certainly not the same Only Fools and Horses.

I just hope they don't go airing the American episodes over here in the UK as well, although I'm sure if they do it'll receive the same kind of attention the American version of Top gear seemed to receive, lol.

All in all I think they're making a big mistake here. And I just hope this doesn't ruin the reputation of something really great.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I am from the UK.
I enjoy the American Office more than the English Office.

Now that said, Only Fools and Horses will never grace my TV screen as the American Version... No no no.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well Steptoe and Son translated well in the early 70s in the US as Sanford and Son so...

Yeah, I also love the US version of The Office. Tried watching our version but, I dunno.....never found it funny. Never found Ricky Gervais funny come to think of it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Forget Fools and Horses.... I want a remake of Open All Hours!! Funniest thing since Fawlty Towers!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Wlf...i just read that rodney will be played by the black guy tracey morgan and grandad will be killed off in the first episode

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Is there any news on who is playing boyce and trigger? and when is it supposedly coming out?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
double post
edit on 27-6-2012 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
Is there any news on who is playing boyce and trigger? and when is it supposedly coming out?

Boyce will be played by Andy Garcia and Trig will be played by Keanu Reeves. (Hello dave).

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TodoMedio
Forget Fools and Horses.... I want a remake of Open All Hours!! Funniest thing since Fawlty Towers!

I don't think that would work too well either. Nurse Gladys would likely be transformed from a robust woman you'd like to wrestle in mud with to a skinny little thing and the references to Granvilles hungarian roots probably missed out altogether.

Tell you what I miss ..In Loving Memory.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

This would be a travesty if it happened!! Fools and Horses is too South London specific! Looking forward to the US take on the 'Inbtweeners'.....Lovely Jubly

top topics

join