It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Rolls Out New Task Force Against Corruption In Detroit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Looks like we may finally see some progress with this issue. The FBI has been investigating for years now and it looks like it may just pay off soon. The Kwame Kilpatrick case really got the ball rolling. I hope that the FBI has got enough on that man to put him away for life. He is a dispicable human being. Hopefully they can do this in a speedy manner as mentioned because the people of Detroit and southeast Michigan need a break, or at least some good news.

www.freep.com...

The FBI’s top official in Detroit declared war on public corruption today, hours after law enforcement officials announced a new task force to combat it.

Andrew Arena, special agent in charge of the Detroit office of the FBI, called corruption in the region “generational, systematic, part of the culture.”

“It takes a whole lot to penetrate that,” he said. “It’s kind of like a war. You penetrate the enemy’s defenses.”

Arena declined to name the enemies he was referring to, saying he could not talk about ongoing investigations. He has overseen investigations of ex-Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, as well as Wayne County government under Executive Robert Ficano.

In addition to the FBI, the task force includes federal prosecutors, the IRS, the Michigan Attorney General’s Office, state police, Detroit police and federal housing, environmental protection and transportation investigators.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
How about the FBI roll out a task force to combat corruption in the financial sector. Using common sense that may be a good place to start. And that's all I have to say about that.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
How about the FBI roll out a task force to combat corruption in the financial sector. Using common sense that may be a good place to start. And that's all I have to say about that.

I second that.
If they end corruption in Detroit there wont be anything left.
Now that I think about it, the same goes for the financial sector. lol

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Around here the local governments are the heart of the problem. They are the ones who used the financial sector to rape the cities and the people around here for their own self interests. I'm just glad some progress is finally being made.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I get what your saying and agree to an extent. I'd just rather start at the federal level than the local level. Furthermore, I'd love to have a crack at the private entities ripping the American people off for billions.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Hopefully this will lead to the national levels. There are some pretty big players here in Detroit and alot of them were involved supposedly with Kwame Kilpatrick during the thug run Detroit days.

top topics

join