It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien's landing on CNN - No one will believe this. [CWC]

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
On television right now, I'm staring at a ship. Long, cigar shaped, sitting outside of the White House. CNN is flipping between feeds showing the same types of craft in front of the Kremlin, the Canadian Parliament, Parliaments in Europe... everywhere.

I thought it would be surreal and it is. I've waited for so long just for a confirmation of alien life and instead I get more. I get to see the damned things drop out of the sky in front of all our world leaders. BAM! Thank you and goodnight.

Oh yes, I was the crazy one. Me, the person who watched every single movie that even talked about alien life. I was crazy for having all those Star Wars posters in my room? I was crazy for spending sleepless nights looking through my Celestron C10?

I don't think so!

I don't know where they came from, what they look like or what they want and I don't care. I'm just happy they're here. Finally the rest of the world can stop hating all of us that knew all along. We knew because... It must have been a higher power. We knew because we have extra senses; ones that communicated somehow with the aliens.

I have no fear of them.

Mom is running around still. Dishes smash the ground and break my focus on the CNN feed. She dials dad's number again and again but he isn't picking up. My sister slaps me on the back.

"Julian." She says, tearing up.

"Julian oh my god. Julian say something..."

Her eyes are just flooded with liquid now. Pouring out all over her cheeks. I can hear her chest heave up and down below the noise of the TV.

Mom trips over her feet sprinting from the kitchen to the living room. Her head hits our family couch with a thud. A moan echos from her lips. Dogs bark outside.

"Julian, you need to keep calling your father, I'm going to run over to the neighbors to see what's going on." Mom grabs my wrist and snugs her phone into my hand. Her face is pink where she hit the couch.

Clara is still crying, beginning to dry heave. The front door slams and mom runs outside.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask.

She doesn't say anything. She drops to the ground in a heap, hands covering her face. A few months ago, she made fun of me for trying to bring a date to district 9.

What if we have a district 9 outside the city in a few months. Is it funny if I take a date to go see the real aliens?

I used to think my sister was smarter, wiser, stronger than myself. I think everyone has that feeling about their elders, but when you see them like this, the feeling is lost.

I can't help but smirk. This is my final redemption. Next week at school will be like no other. No longer will the popular crowd be talking about football, reality shows and places they got drunk on the weekend.

No. They will be talking about all the stuff I've been talking about.

I'm going to be the coolest kid in school.

The TV screen flips between feeds and the new commentator reappears. Somethings happening. A feeling comes over me. Something similar to a movie scene where something happens and you wish it didn't. Where a main character is dying and you think in your head, 'how the eff can you kill off the main character?!'

And as quickly as they came the ships leave. CNN flips between each feed, cigar shaped boats thrust out of the sky into the abyss. Vacating this crappy little rock.

That's it.

I can't believe it.

They're gone.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Very intense, hit the flag button 2 paragraphs in, then finished reading.

Well done boncho. It may be a long month.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Very intense, hit the flag button 2 paragraphs in, then finished reading.

Well done boncho. It may be a long month.

Best of luck to all of us. And I look forward to reading everything that you bring out in this one.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

legit! keep it up.

i really have read some great shorts here on ATS

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Cool story.

2cd line.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

edit on 1-3-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by braydenf

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Thanks for the kind words.

This entry is for the newest writing contest on ATS., so if you like it, throw it a flag. And don't forget to check for later entries by everyone else in the forum

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I had to craft one as well. But of course.

Best of luck. I enjoy your writing style as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

This is every believer's nightmare.
They came,they saw....they left.

Nice one.
S+F for you my friend.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I see the gauntlet has been cast down.

They say a man will only advance if his opponents are better than him, Well it looks like I have some advancing to do. S&F, good work B man. Just finished a marathon day today. As soon as I get a free moment I shall be posting my story.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

They say a man will only advance if his opponents are better than him, Well it looks like I have some advancing to do. S&F, good work B man. Just finished a marathon day today. As soon as I get a free moment I shall be posting my story.

Read and flagged your story.

This one is shaping up to be a good one. Especially with some new writers like beezer entering into the mix.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The real indicator of a good story is when the reader doesn't want to stop.

I didn't want to stop.

Nice job!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Read and flagged your story.

This one is shaping up to be a good one. Especially with some new writers like beezer entering into the mix.

Nod to you. I'm in good company.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Lol nice one Boncho. Makes me wonder what they told all the world leaders...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
Lol nice one Boncho. Makes me wonder what they told all the world leaders...

I just did another story that deals with aliens and politicians.

And the aliens from from ATS...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Nice.

Only needs a little editing (grammar).

I suppose your graphic is supposed to look like an element on the Periodic table, but What does all this mean:

Bo
Boncho

?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by timeisonwhoseside

I could tell you, but then I'd have to....

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Great short, every last word to the end...
Where can I find the rest of this story?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaZooKaJ

Turn on CNN?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by BaZooKaJ

Turn on CNN?

I only get my news...through ATS !

Even the not so news.

top topics

join