It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF is going on with the History Channel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Okay let me show you tonights line up on the HISTORY CHANNEL'S main channel: Cajun Pawn Stars for an hour, Swamp People for 2 hours ( who the hell wants to watch dumb hicks run around in the swamps for 2 freaking hours?!?!), followed by even more hicks on some show called Mudcats... Damn and I thought they were losing it when they started showing two retards going around visiting hoarders and buying their dumb crap. Now on H2 or History Channel 2 we have HAIRY BIKERS FOR 3 HOURS finally at 9:00 we get to watch an intriguing Modern Marvels about Food Trucks.

Why is this called the History Channel again? Maybe I'm just getting nastalgic to watching old black and white videos of Hitler and Germans marching but MY GOD since when did the History Channel spend an entire day devoted to filming retards without any teeth roaming around in swamps?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Answer your own question, WHY would they do it? What is the possible endgame?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If society collapses, those "retards" and "hicks" will be doing just fine while you will be doing your best zombie impression in a bread line waiting for government crumbs.
Those "toothless" gentlemen in Louisiana have more history and culture in their gnarled pinky finger than you, or the rest of this generic, dull country/world have in their entire genetic ancestry.
Don't hate on the best region and best people the nation has to offer because you feel entitled to your little preferences. Change the channel and stop whining like an Occupier.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ive strayed a bit from the history channel since these shows. Theyve just jumped on the reality bandwagon for ratings.

link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
Okay let me show you tonights line up on the HISTORY CHANNEL'S main channel: Cajun Pawn Stars for an hour, Swamp People for 2 hours ( who the hell wants to watch dumb hicks run around in the swamps for 2 freaking hours?!?!), followed by even more hicks on some show called Mudcats... Damn and I thought they were losing it when they started showing two retards going around visiting hoarders and buying their dumb crap. Now on H2 or History Channel 2 we have HAIRY BIKERS FOR 3 HOURS finally at 9:00 we get to watch an intriguing Modern Marvels about Food Trucks.

Why is this called the History Channel again? Maybe I'm just getting nastalgic to watching old black and white videos of Hitler and Germans marching but MY GOD since when did the History Channel spend an entire day devoted to filming retards without any teeth roaming around in swamps?

I've been saying that for awhile. Glad I'm not the only one saying it.

link   
I hear next year is the series premier of Ow My Balls!

Most people don't even have the attention span required to cook a meal with anything more than a microwave... there's no way they're going to sit and watch something considered educational.

Makes me sick how stupid the population is becoming.
edit on 3/1/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

disney

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
the cajuns would be alright like someone mentioned. their way of life hasn't changed in 200 years.

the only adjustment they'll have to make is light candles at night.

edit on 1-3-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Because its hilarious. Sure, I admit that it gets old fast, but I find that crap more entertaining than most of the other crap lol. Maybe its because the military channel is pulling out all the ratings for the old Nazi footage stuff. Even though the crap that the History channel puts out has really nothing to do with history anymore.
I find it better than ancient aliens though: "The real mystery is why are there ancient depictions of autoerotic asphyxiation on these cave walls?" then some dork that thinks some founding father with static x hair comes on all wild eyed like he just smoked meth and goes "MAYBE IT WAS ALIENS!" Thats every show lol.
To tell you the truth I dont watch any of that crap.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I hate these hick shows. Why do I want to watch you shoot alligators?

More modern marvels plz

I barely watch TV anymore anyway, ah well.
edit on 1-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
If society collapses, those "retards" and "hicks" will be doing just fine while you will be doing your best zombie impression in a bread line waiting for government crumbs.
Those "toothless" gentlemen in Louisiana have more history and culture in their gnarled pinky finger than you, or the rest of this generic, dull country/world have in their entire genetic ancestry.
Don't hate on the best region and best people the nation has to offer because you feel entitled to your little preferences. Change the channel and stop whining like an Occupier.

Haha for real there is no place like the deep south of Louisiana or Louisiana in general. Coming from experience Ive lived in shreveport Alexandria laffyette new iberia and on down to Morgan city.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well I guess you're the minority here. Looks like Swamp People is bringing in the big $bucks$ for The History Channel.

New York, August 24, 2010 – HISTORY’s series opener of Swamp People, on Sunday, August 22 at 10pm ET, produced stellar ratings for the network and set a new record, among all key demos, as HISTORY's best-ever original series launch.

The series premiere garnered 4.2 million total viewers, 2.5 million Adults 25-54 and 2.3 million Adults 18-49 – driving HISTORY to #1 in cable within the 10-11pm time period in total viewers and Adults 25-54.

HISTORY® Continues its Ratings Success With Sunday Night Debut of Swamp People

I don't get it either, but then I don't believe in television.

To quote Jim Morrison, "People are strange."

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Remember the Learning Channel? Then it went all reality and became the Life Channel. Now its just TLC.

Its probably just cheaper to follow people around filming them instead doing a quality production aand research actual facts.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Its tv, what the hell do you expect? Its purpose is not to entertain you or educate you. Its purpose is to make you stupid. Most people cant comprehend that, some know it but cant comprehend. Because the TV has every one in trans. If you continue to watch it even if you know its purpose then you cant comprehend what its doing to you.
Notice how over the years, tv shows have gotten dumber and dumber just as the population gets dumber and dumber.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by whenWEallFALLdown

All good places.
I guess I'll just chalk the OP's rant up to ignorance. He's obviously never been to any of the Cajun eateries off I-10 or I-49.
I'm a New Orleans yat myself, but I love the rest of the state as well.
I'd live in Lafayette or the surrounding area in a second. Make it to the Alexandria/Pineville area often. Good folks up that way.
Any one of those gator hunters would give you the shirt off their back before they bought you a few beers and then took you fishing. And Cajun girls are smokin hot(obviously not the ones on the show).
And it's true that Cajuns have a ton more culture and a much more vibrant history than the vast majority of U.S. peoples/cultures (or lack there of)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I hate scripted reality shows! No one wants to watch for entertainment sloppy or drunk pop tarts noddeling or gator huntin.or.swamping logs or logging tree's... its ok for while; while a commercial is on the other channel

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SunLife

Guess that explains the sky high ratings

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I like Pawn Stars, entertaining show. I can't stand watching that stupid alligator show, hate how they murder them crocs/gators.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Those gators are delicious when cooked right. And make good belts/boots/etc.
They also reach levels of overpopulation that necessitate the month long alligator season (top of the food chain except for that month).

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
They moved all the good OLD and NEW shows over to their "new" HISTORY CHANNEL.

History 2 is their new channel...where ANCIENT ALIENS is now seen. The "goof" shows are on the HISTORY CHANNEL.

GOOD HISTORY-ANCIENT ALIENS-UNIVERSE ETC=HISOTRY 2 (two) Channel.

SWAMP PEOPLE- PAWN STARS ETC- The "old" HISTORY CHANNEL.

H2 has all the great favorites and a bunch of new ones...historically good like before. Still there...just not on the old one.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join