It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Contact Writing Contest [CWC] [Winners announced]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Yes.

They've landed, materialized... whatever. They're here and so are you.

Now what?

Are you the current or future POTUS, Putin, flippin' burgers in your backyard or an insurance agent working on the upper floors of a skyscraper?

Suddenly, without warning, you see them and you know they can see you. What I'd like you to write about is the reaction a character of your choosing might have to this event. You can be anyone, even yourself, but you need to write it as if it is all happening personal and upfront.

All T&C's apply

Title must contain [CWC]

Enter as many stories as you like, but post them as seperate threads in the Short Story forum.

No upper or lower word count limits

Any writing form acceptable

There will be three winners chosen, based solely on the number of flags their story receives from your fellow members.

The contest runs until midnight, March 31 , 2012 and the winners announced the following morning of April 1.

Winners only will get writer status, 5 'applauses' each and included in the Showcase of Winners.

edit on 1/4/12 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Cool, now just for clarification, are we, the supposed character, the only one's who have seen the ETs, or have they made themselves known to everyone(publicly) at this point?

Thanks

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
your pic of devil's mountain is cool,other than that can't say much cause they ain't contacted me!
maybe richard dreyfuss can ad some input!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
From time jumping (a favorite subject), to first contact (another one), you make my task easy. However, I see the bounds. The story should be told in first person context, a point-of-view sort of story. Alien contact? Bring it on.

Excerpt: "The day they arrived was really a shock to the whole world, as they were cloaked right outside the orbit of Mercury. The CME that detected them was quickly debunked on ATS as a "post-processing" artifact in 2011, and even though I believed the original footage, I was swayed by the majority. In March of 2012, they de-cloaked, and everything broke loose."

Good luck to everyone!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
My first entry.

Nice topic, this one should be fun.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Your photo choice couldn't be better! Devil's Tower, Wyoming. I was up there ON Devil's Tower, some years before the movie Close Encounters which made it famous. My favourite part of the movie was the mashed potato sculpting of Devil's Tower. I've sculpted many a boring mashed tater in memory of the laughs it brought me.

edit on 1/3/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: typo

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Added an entry as well.

I just had to.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm trying a different tack. Each submission from me will be another witness to the same contact event.
It could be interesting. It'll be a new concept for me.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

You get a star.... just for that picture of the dog in boots, gave me an idea

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Nice, I had a great idea for a story on this very topic that I was going to write just for fun anyways. This will give me incentive to go ahead with it.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Heres mine.....

The Lord

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
My entry for the contest

The last contact

Enjoy

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I never even knew we had this here.
Sounds like fun though. I'm game.

I don't know why but my first thought was "Write it from a childs perspective."

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Wow, that was an idea that popped into my head too. I've been doing a series of short stories using one event seen from many povs. You should try from a child's pov. It would be interesting.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This my story for the contest, I am new so I had to reply instead creating a new post because i am not allowed to post a new thread. So here it is folks enjoy the story.

The Rise [CWC]

Day 1 – The Arrival: June 13 2012 7:20 AM

I am awakened by a rumbling and the violent shaking of the very foundation of my house, I quickly gather my wife and children and exit the house cause I fear it might collapse. Upon stepping outside I am amazed how everyone is gazing up into the sky while clutching their ears and trying to stay balanced from the vibration of the ground. I know now to look at what they are all looking at, my eye’s are quick to see ships and what looks like cities appearing from out of nowhere in the sky. I stood in awe as the sound started to dissipate but the earth still vibrating as smaller ships started to appear.

Chaos happened next as I tried to calm the people who where so afraid, they fell to their knees as the masses started to flea to the safety of their homes. Knowing, that many where trampled and some children where either abandoned or separated from their families. Horror can never explain the primitive actions humans take to survive, its clear to me that this is the end of civilization. With family in check I have to get them to the safety of the hills and thick brush, I wasn’t the only family to head to the hills early.

With the first wave of ships appearing a second wave comes from what seems to be from space because they are burning up as they enter our atmosphere. These ships are different from the other ships these are more dark and ominous than the other craft that seem to glow. It’s these dark ships that started attacking people and buildings and left many fleeing the city.

A third wave has appeared and these ships are disk shaped and shinny, they seem to be landing in people’s yards and in the streets in masses and they seem to be communicating with the people. From where I am located I could see part of the city from the hills near my home. My children are afraid and wife is speechless, I think she’s worried about her parents. It looks like people are entering these ships willingly and I wonder what they where told and I wonder if I should go.

The city mother ships are realising what looks like balls of light and they are so many and they seem to be attracted to the shinny disk shaped craft. The glowing spheres are engulfing their crafts with an aura of light.” What the hell is happening that disk has disappeared before my eyes! They all are”. The darker bigger craft are starting to attack the mother ships but are having no effect.” The disks are flying away from the cities and are coming this way to the hills”, they scanning the tree line oh my god they are so close to us and so silent. “We have to be still and quiet they are over us” I said to my family. I felt so unbelievably scared but calm underneath this rocky ledge.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Just browsing through some of the stories/authors and I realized that the same folks that have entered have also posted on mine and left some really nice comments (I'm new to this forum, thought; what the hell) so be sure that I will return the courtesy, thanks for some real nice words of support!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfLight96

Hi WOL96

Please start a thread in the Introductions Forum and let the membership know a bit about you. You'll find lots of welcoming posts happening and, if you answer them all with a 'thank you' note, you'll have your 20 posts before the day is done.

When you do have the 20 posts, you can enter your story here and be part of the contest. You see, you can't get flags in that post above and that's the only way you can have a chance at winning.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
ok thanks lol sorry.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

7500+ posts, and you are new? Really?

Of course, I also stumbled across this forum, but have been reading it ever since.

Yes, it is a flagging free for all. Personally, I flag every story, just to keep it interesting. It is, you know, the only way to win the contest.

You got a lot of writing talent, so I hope to see a few more entries from you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join