It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of the Israel/Iran war on ATS! It has to stop.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
All these threads regarding Iran and Israel have a wealth of information to share, but i can't help but sigh and close the thread when both, Iran supporters and Israel supporters are going at each other's necks for the kill.

What's the point guys/girls, this is ATS for crying out loud, we shouldn't be calling each other racist, or anti-semitist when someone points to facts about Israeli war crimes. We shoudln't call people evil or delusional for supporting Iran. I understand that this is ATS, a public forum, but geeze, can't we all be civil?

Thank you

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Basically, no. We can't be civil. One of the good things about war is that both sides take casualties until one side decides it's had enough, then the war stops. Here there are no casualties, there's no cost to anyone who yells and screams forever. For some it's even kind of fun. No incentive to stop.

I'm able to skim through the threads and find nuggets now and then, but they're buried in the screaming.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
So you show your are a muslim apologist. Iran is much more evil than Israel on it's worst day. I still remember the first day Iran came to my personal attention. When the broke all diplomatic rules and seized the US embassy in 1979. Lord knows I wish they had not caved when Reagan came into office. They could push around that pussy carter, but Reagan would have put them in their place. Achmadeninazi(sp?
) was one of those who attacked the embassy. Why do we even allow any of those criminals in our country. They like to support terrorist groups, so their hands are far from clean. You think Israel is just to mean to the poor downtrodden muslims? How many bomb vests have Israelis forced on muslim children? That is something muslims do to their own children. They are a death cult, I have no compassion for them.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

edit on 1-3-2012 by IgnorantSpecies because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I am not going to engage in an argument with you. You have clearly came to this thread to spill propaganda.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It seems that the Iran "apologists" seem to be against the war, while the other side wants them bombed into glass. I for one have argued "for" Iran, but only because I don't want another war that was started because of lies. I don't see the point in invading someone when they haven't attacked your own country. If someone attacked my country, I would immediately enlist, but, until that happens, I cannot advocate the killing of innocents over a "what if" or "might have" scenario.

You will not see an end to these threads until cooler heads prevail, or war is declared. Sad but true.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
All these threads regarding Iran and Israel have a wealth of information to share, but i can't help but sigh and close the thread when both, Iran supporters and Israel supporters are going at each other's necks for the kill.

What's the point guys/girls, this is ATS for crying out loud, we shouldn't be calling each other racist, or anti-semitist when someone points to facts about Israeli war crimes. We shoudln't call people evil or delusional for supporting Iran. I understand that this is ATS, a public forum, but geeze, can't we all be civil?

Thank you

I agree with you completely and have nothing even trivial to pick for a debate on this one. I can understand real raw emotion from Israelis or Iranians themselves..and I know there are a few of each on ATS. The rest though? No kidding on what you're saying. In fact, I believe you and I have had a disagreement or two on topics...but we can agree elsewhere. As it ought to be right?

It does seem that particularly over the course of the past 3 - 3 1/2 months, we've been getting away from debating ideas and concepts and gone to debating each other directly as individuals around here. That never seems to work out well, does it?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Why does it bother you? Do you not have an opinion on the matter? Is ATS not a place to debate ideas?

You do know that you don’t have to open a thread with a topic you don’t like, right?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have your solution to make it stop!
When you see a thread on the feed involving Iran or Israel, you.....wait for it.....DON'T CLICK ON THE THREAD!!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by daaskapital

Thank you

I agree with you completely and have nothing even trivial to pick for a debate on this one. I can understand real raw emotion from Israelis or Iranians themselves..and I know there are a few of each on ATS. The rest though? No kidding on what you're saying. In fact, I believe you and I have had a disagreement or two on topics...but we can agree elsewhere. As it ought to be right?

It does seem that particularly over the course of the past 3 - 3 1/2 months, we've been getting away from debating ideas and concepts and gone to debating each other directly as individuals around here. That never seems to work out well, does it?

I too agree with you.

You put into perfect perspective.

Haha, yes we have had a couple of disagreements, but i feel it never went out of hand such as these, and i'm glad that we can agree on this subject.

The attacks on members have dramatically increased over the past couple of months, to the point that every thread to do with the ME, there is always the war of words. It's quite saddening.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

As i have stated, it is ATS and it is a public forum. I quite enjoy reading information about the Middle East. I'm just sick of the blatant disrespect that members are portraying.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
what do most of you know about life in isreal or iran? i know i dont.
how can any one call these people 'evil'? do you know these people?their families or children?
all you know is the propaganda the tv feeds you!
i'm not into polotics,i don't vote so i don't have a say. im fine with that.
but i do love the human race. and i feel for all those that have been,or will be affected by this madness that is perpetuated by a few tyrants around the world.
i tell you ats people,you keep dwelling on war,or even wanting war will make it happen!
the energy of all humans is interconnected,so if you think negative,guess what will happen!
concentrate on love,then see what happens
peace among our race,its the only one we have!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

As i have stated, it is ATS and it is a public forum. I quite enjoy reading information about the Middle East. I'm just sick of the blatant disrespect that members are portraying.

Well people react in different ways. When a person is passionate about his/her beliefs it can get heated at times. I know I’ve had my moments with some (like superman who has posted on this thread) but that doesn’t mean I don’t get something out of the debate…a little tiff is par for the course on a forum like ATS. Heck, I even gave superman a star for his post above even though I disagree with his position on Iran.

Just proving your point about being uncivil, friend!

edit on 1-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I'm pretty sure that most of the people engaging in verbal violence on ATS are not Israelis and Iranians, so i fail to realise how they are so passionate. If the video is anything to go by, i feel sorry for you. Civility is something everyone should strive to achieve.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I don't know who has this in their signature or where it hails from but it made sense to me:

When you start getting flak, you know you are over the target.

This issue of wars in the middle eastern region is probably the most important one before the world right now. At the proverbial brink we are to plunging the entire world into a war that will make all the rest of histories conflicts appear tame by comparison. You can tell how serious the situation is by all the passionate arguments brought from all sides. As long as people are still talking then they aren't shooting.

I am tried of the lies, rhetoric and personal attacks too. Some seem tireless in their promotion of hypocrisy and hate. Expose the lies, ignore the rest. Don't let the warmongers or disinfo spouts have their way. Be as tireless as you can in exposing their BS.

And take a break if you need to.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that most of the people engaging in verbal violence on ATS are not Israelis and Iranians, so i fail to realise how they are so passionate.

Verbal violence? Come on!

Anyway, people can be passionate about that issue without being Iranian or Jewish. Besides, you can’t make assumptions about people here; you don’t know their background.

If the video is anything to go by, i feel sorry for you. Civility is something everyone should strive to achieve.

Ditto…

And I agree that we should all strive for civility.

new topics

top topics

join