It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is it really a miracle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
OK, I thought I'd never ever post in this forum but here goes...
This is more of simply a story I suppose.

My Dad will be 75 this summer. A few years ago he got sclerosis of the liver (yes, from drinking heavily his whole life). Well, to make a long story short the doctors finally cut out the cancerous part of his liver. Although they were sure they got it all, he never really fully recovered.
He kept getting what they thought was pneumonia. shortness of breath. after about a year of various doctors and his health going downhill in a hurry they determined his lungs were filling with water (congestive heart failure) and on top of that his heart valves were failing. fluid was also building up in his 'cavities'. Although a skinny man he looked pregnant because he was so full of fluid in his abdomen.

I should mention he quit drinking cold turkey the day the doctor told him he had cancer.

He is not an incredibly religious man, he went to church as a child and believes in God, but does not go to church faithfully. I'm the same way.
After the cancer, he went to church on and off and gave tithes. (I think that is how you spell it).
He also started watching 'The 700 Club' on TV every morning. He decided to give 1/2 of his tithes to the local church, and 1/2 to the 700 club.
Over a year went by and his health was deteriorating rapidly. His death was imminent and soon. He went to many many doctors and even the Mayo clinic and all could do nothing for him, they said it was not curable. He could get surgery on his heart valves and get them replaced with pig valves, but he was so far gone they told him he probably would not survive the surgery. He was terribly weak and short of breath all the time. He was miserable.
My sister and I drove 900 miles to see him 2 weeks ago. He was in terrible condition and could barely walk at all, he simply could not breathe.
He said back around December of 2011 he decided to pledge all his tithes to the 700 club because they do more positive things to help others than his local church. Besides, he was too weak to go to church anymore.

And about the time of our visit in early February he was watching the 700 club and what do you know the preacher guy (sorry I don't know his name) said that he had been 'told' (by God or the Holy Spirit I assume) that someone out there had failing heart valves and needed prayed for. Dad perked up at this and as instructed put his hand on his heart and prayed. He said he felt nothing at the time, no warmth like they said, nothing.
BUT the next morning when he woke up he said he felt better. and the next day. and the next. and on and on.
My sister and I went back last week and it had only been about 10 days since we had seen him in such horrible condition. the change was - well - absolutely amazing. He has lost his water belly, about 20 pounds. the water is gone out of his lungs. He can breath freely now. He can walk. The oxygen in his fingers now measures 98 and they are no longer purple like they were just days ago. His heart sounds (with a stethoscope) have changed from 'lub - squish, lub - squish' to 'lub - dub, lub - dub'.
His energy levels are through the roof ! He had been 'housebound' for 2 months, but he took us out to eat several times, can stand without laboring for breath, he even went to the grocery by himself.

We are just amazed and truly feel that this is Gods hand working this blessing. The change that has taken over him in less than 2 weeks is nothing short of a miracle.
What modern technology could not do for him, God did.

I would like to say Thank You to God for healing my Dad and in the process showing me that you really do exist and you really do answer prayers. And I'm sorry I've been so mad at you for taking my husband so soon.
Also, thanks to anyone here on ATS who may have watched the show and prayed for my Dad.
thank you all ! And may God bless everyone who asks for his blessing.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
wow wow wow. awesome testimony. mere positive thinking alone could not have accomplished that I don't care what anyone says. Thank your Dad too for having the courage himself to have the faith needed for God to work a miracle with him. Just amazing! Wonderful!

edit on 1-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
wow wow wow. awesome testimony. mere positive thinking alone could not have accomplished that I don't care what anyone says. Thank your Dad too for having the courage himself to have the faith needed for God to work a miracle with him. Just amazing! Wonderful!

edit on 1-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

thank you ! It took Dad 5 days to get up the courage to tell us that story, he originally lied and said they changed his meds. He was afraid of what we would think.
My sister and I are both still reeling, we have never been a 'fanatical' religious type of family.
But we left him yesterday morning without crying, drove our 900 miles home and can't wait to go back. Just amazing to see the change in him. !
It's the kind of story you hear about through someone else who heard it somewhere.... this is certainly having quite an impact on our beliefs and our lives. and i agree, no way mind over matter could do that.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
My father was healed through my prayers a number of years ago. Not a nonmedical healing but after weeks of doctors not knowing what was wrong they figured it out. I believe my prayers were a key part of it. Yes, this happens. I'm glad you're father is feeling better.

new topics

top topics

join