It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassin's Creed 3 Set In The American Revolution - NOOOOOOOO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Assassin's Creed 3 is set in the American Revolution:

www.gameinformer.com...

pstime.es...

What a crap setting. They have completely gone back on what makes the series great, that being the parkour and the cities. There was nothing spectacular to climb on in the AR. They should have gone with the Victorian Era or the French Revolution, at least they were better suited. But, no, Ubisoft had to set it in the AR era. Dissapointing.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well, yes, but theres not many other buildings to climb on.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I can't look at the links because my office filter is blocking them for "Gaming Reasons"

But I dont mind the American revolution as the setting, it changes the pace of the series a little. Most sequels get old after a while because they just do the same thing over and over again.

Maybe instead of the climbing death from above element they will put a greater emphasis on the stealth aspect of the game. Hiding in the shadows, putting on natural camouflage, think Snake Eater 1776

Any way I just hope it has a better story than the last one, which I thought was kind of lacking. I didn't play Brotherhood though.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by boncho

Well, yes, but theres not many other buildings to climb on.

What! You can't climb houses?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Not many other spectacular bulidings to climb on.

Better?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Not many other spectacular bulidings to climb on.

Better?

I found a fence...

Perhaps we can hop it?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

In every other AC game, they couldn't hop fences like that, so i wouldn't bet my money on it

I do know though, that there is a lot of grass to run on

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Assassin's Creed 3 is set in the American Revolution:

www.gameinformer.com...

pstime.es...

What a crap setting. They have completely gone back on what makes the series great, that being the parkour and the cities. There was nothing spectacular to climb on in the AR. They should have gone with the Victorian Era or the French Revolution, at least they were better suited. But, no, Ubisoft had to set it in the AR era. Dissapointing.

I think the story is what makes Assassin's Creed great. If the believe there is enough historical information to fit into their story line then I trust them to make a brilliant game of it.

History is their playground they can go back in time to any place they want in future games. I wouldn't imagine every single assassin in history spent his whole life running on roof tops, it wouldn't make sense to me to make them all exactly the same.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
edit on 1-3-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

I must congratulate them for taking risks, straying away from the formula that people got hooked to. I also see it as necessary, because after Brotherhood and Revelations, it got boring. The AR might mix it up a bit, but i still want my dose of good parkour and climbing on big buildings (not including clock towers or houses).

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
damn, i was hoping the next game would be in their present. would be nice to free run on a modern cityscape.
it would be better if you go back to the first civilization than this i think.
i'll wait fot the reviews on this one.
edit on 2/3/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I was hoping the 3rd version would be out of the animis and on the streets but American revolution is fine. I am sure they had the whole story mapped out on the first one.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
IDK, it could be a good turn.
It may get dull if your just a stealth assassin in military camps like in Brotherhood and Revelations.

Another article, more info.
www.computerandvideogames.com...

Screen showing, moving through snow.
www.computerandvideogames.com...

There are more screens there, also one showing a town.

After this preview I am alot happier, climbing trees in the forest to scout targets could be very entertaining and useful for hunting.

I will definatly be hunting if that is accurate.

I actually can't wait even after the disapointment of Revelations.

Originally posted by Openeye
[I Any way I just hope it has a better story than the last one, which I thought was kind of lacking. I didn't play Brotherhood though.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

Brotherhood was one of the best in series IMO, the way the city and countryside is perfectly meshed and all the tweaks on the previous games and the ability to make your own clan, Revelations didn't really improve any of it, it was already perfect.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hey Everyone,

I've got a couple posts on the link below showing information from G4TV & IGN check them out as they've got plenty of details, if your looking for more information that is. As stated in my posts on this thread I'm excited about the new location and all the little extra's they've decided to throw in, especially the hunting aspect. But check out the links in the thread below.

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"
"ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل شيء مباح"

Assassin's Creed III looks awesome!

top topics

join