It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA discovers gigantic structures 25,000 light-years tall at center of milky way.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

The Cause ? Well at least a fraction of it ..

Canis Major Dwarf Galaxy ( At Last Wrapped Around 3 times The Milly Way )
en.wikipedia.org...

Sagittarius Dwarf Elliptical Galaxy
en.wikipedia.org...

( Ahh Right Around the 58 second mark of this video )

What Is the Nearest Galaxy to the Milky Way?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
REALLY PEOPLE? I am dumbfounded, 3 pages of responses too and all the stars and flags for what?

I think this ought to be moved to HOAXES IMMEDIATELY! Misleading Title, and it's nonsense. Read the story and tell me what this actually says, shall I sum it up for you? NO REALLY LET ME!

NASA today saw nothing, but in that nothing we think is something HUGE, and it's only a few million years old (really it's your damn fantasy make it trillions of years old) and if this nothing COULD be seen with the naked eye well then it COULD look like what this ARTIST DREW....

REALLY???????

I am so disappointed in this one. I think I will get out my Adobe Photoshop make some shapes and tell everyone LOOK WHAT I DISCOVERED IN SPACE! Well it's not really there, but if you could see it it might look like this! NOW PAY ME!

Oh that's just NASA talk. That circle around their emblem? That's just the way they talk. In circles!

Like when they discovered Tyche (aka: Nemesis, Hercolubus, Dark Star, Planet X etc) but yet didn't actually find it and never really saw it, isn't positive its out there but.........they name it anyway. This way, if anyone asks about Nibiru...they can deny knowing anything out there! Even Tyche!

You'll notice, they're not denying it. Just ain't comin' to get us! Whew!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So
Is it going to hit us in December of 2012?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
As well as the horizontal arms of a galaxy or super nova star there are vertical emmisions which have been imaged for real by Chandra - here is a wiki link the Crab Nebula which incoperates optical and X ray

en.wikipedia.org...
Scroll to near bottom of page and see combined image from Hubble and Chandra

Years ago this natural phenomina was known of.

The black hole that lays at the heart of stars and also galaxys is the source of these emmisions or the result of emmisions from somewhere which is a mystery and best described in Philosophical thought.
Black holes are both massive and infinitly small - I personally think they are inter dimensional portals.
The Universe we perceive is just a part of something greater.
Science so far has hit a brick wall regarding the physics beyond the event horizon - The Cosmos is a wild and wonderful manifestation yet there is so much more. We should not feel small by the scale of what we perceive we should take heart that Human thought does perceive of such things.

edit on 2-3-2012 by artistpoet because: link

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is AMAZING!!! It seems like everyday a new, fantastic discovery is being made. This multiverse or universe in which we live is absolutely incredible. I believe we still have not scratched the service of true knowledge and understanding. It seems to be one big hypothesis after another. What do we truly know in terms of space? I am certain the black projects know a lot more than conventional wisdom, but we won't go there. The truth will come out for all of us to digest someday, somewhere and somehow. Billions, and billions and billions.........

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Looks an awful lot like the 3d electron orbit in an atom. More and more circumstantial evidence that nothing changes but the scale.

Another pic of the 3dz2 orbital.

An absolutely brilliant observation I happen to agree with totally.
The irony that the nature of reality has always been right in front of our noses is consistent with the type of sense of humor the creator would have if it exits. And if it doesn't exist I can still appreciate the irony so its not a total loss

edit on 2-3-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Looks an awful lot like the 3d electron orbit in an atom. More and more circumstantial evidence that nothing changes but the scale.

Funny you should say that. I have started my Paramedic certification and my first class is Anatomy & Physiology. During the beginning and the whole cell structure/functions portions, that's all I could think of. How the smallest parts of our body closely resemble the universe.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
the preparations for the coming ascension to the 4th dimension later this year......the beginning of a new 26,000 yr cycle.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
wth?
this news is like half year old lol

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Looks great.... like a mirror effect or a parellel universe!!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

That is a good question! Yes, they certainly have some very fancy equipment, and can take incredible photos of an event that (we're not privy to understanding, and if we were, we'd all be raising our frequency and meditating for disclosure, and healing shielding our earth, if we did have the goods spelled out), and yet closer to home, we get crapola given to us, photoshopped often.

Must be something to do with intent on their part.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Am i the only one who belives these galaxy images are fake ? This is CGI at its best from a governmental level (NASA). You think a space telescope from EARTH, could travel out of the galaxy, waaaay past the galaxy, and see these purple bubbles and everything else IN YOUR SHORT LIFETIME ? It would take foreeeeeeevvvvver for that telescope to reach the outter limits of our galaxy.
"Earth wouldnt be a pixel in this photograph" .. exactly, so how can a telescope; 100 trillion times smaller then earth, take a photo of something that earth cant even be seen in ? A small telescope taking a picture of a galaxy.. okay humans, keep listening to NASA. I learned to stop beliving NASA after the afke moon landing -_- and now people belive we can send tiny (and crappy) telescopes in outter space.. in some years it reaches the outter limits of the most vast thing we could ever comprehend, and take a picture of it ?
LOOL

I belive the milky way galaxy pics are faked, computer programs and very brilliant and beautiful images

My opinion anyways;

~ Love is an art

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
How would those "structures" maintained structured being that the galaxy is moving extremely fast?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
How would those "structures" maintained structured being that the galaxy is moving extremely fast?

We travel at thousands of miles an hour around the sun....do you notice anything? Scale, would be my best guess at your question....
edit on 2-3-2012 by Bpm1986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009

Funny you should say that. I have started my Paramedic certification and my first class is Anatomy & Physiology. During the beginning and the whole cell structure/functions portions, that's all I could think of. How the smallest parts of our body closely resemble the universe.

You guys are probably on to something here. It would make sense for the Universe to have some sort of order to it. The building blocks for life probably work in a very similar way to the universe on a larger scale. Vey interesting.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Bpm1986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
SO this is the Nibiru they were talking about? Looks s[ectacular, this must be what they claimed was coming. not that it is doing anything but staying.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I hate to burst your bubble (no pun intended), but when you see Astronomers and Astrophysicists talk about the structure of the universe, or parts there in, they are NOT talking about anything artificial, but rather the natural, physical configuration of matter somewhere in space and time.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I've had a personal theory for years that our known universe is a gigantic brain and outside of our known universe are an unknowable number of other universe brains and they're all connected together. The whole thing, or as some astrophysicists call it --- the 'bulk' --- is God. Outside of the bulk, there isn't anything at all. Pure nothingness, or pure vacuum. I think that in space, there is quanta that help connect it all together.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The source has to be the black hole at the center of our galaxy...makes sense anyway. The only question I have is why can't we see these when we view other, more distant galaxies?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Wow!!
Excuse my ingnorance, is there something outside the Milky Way that can take this beautiful pictures?

What is it?

SNC24

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join