It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Kansas, ARE YOU INSANE!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Kansas is discussing an absoulutely draconian bill that would move that state in to the dark ages.

The latest bill -- which is scheduled to be discussed by a legislative committee for a second time on Wednesday -- contains a number of provisions which would give the state one of the most sweeping anti-abortion laws in the nation. Among the provisions is one which would exempt doctors from malpractice suits if they withhold information -- in order to prevent an abortion -- that could have prevented a health problem for the mother or child. A wrongful death suit could be filed in the event of the death of the mother.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

What is wrong with these people -- really a doctor can withhold information that might influence the woman to decide that an abortion would be the best route. And for withholding this information the doctor is given immunity - unless the woman dies. Abortion is legal in the US and most other civilized countries, get over it. This is a hard decision that a woman makes, it is between her her doctor and that is all.

These people are insane, how can a woman trust anything that a doctor says or be confident that the tests and examinations are what they should be. Additionally aside from removing all normal businses deductions from a business that is operating legally, they will require the doctor to tell the woman that an abortion will lead to breast cancer - which is just a flat out myth.

Doctors should be marching in the streets over this. The "small government right " is dictating that the doctor withhold and spread misinformation.

The idea that this bill has gotten this far should be a clear warning of what this social conservatisim is leading to.

Here is my challenge -- I dare any right winger to post and support this garbage.

I feel that I have slipped into some kind of time warp that has taken me back to the 50s. Any woman needs to be protesting this stuff -- you can loose all options regarding your health and your body!!!

Sorry if I got any spittle on you.
edit on 1-3-2012 by spyder550 because: spilling

edit on 1-3-2012 by spyder550 because: spilling

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I haven't looked at the bill yet, so I don't know if it's defensible, but if your goal is to make sure a woman considering an abortion has all the relevant information available, shouldn't you be supporting the Virginia law that requires an abdominal (Yes, they clarified that point) ultrasound be available for the woman to view?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

No more insane than performing abortions on girls underage without parents knowledge. No more insane than the medical profession saying that its morally ok to murder children up to the age of 3. No more insane than the technocrats searching for ways to put aborted fetuses, tissue or cells as an additive for human consumption. Insanity is apparently decided by individual view point this day and age.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

No it isn't information that is required it's sole purpose is to intimidate clear and simple. There may be the rare occasion that a sonogram is required -- but the state is not the one who makes that decision it is the doctor. Additionally it is a tax levied on woman for this procedure -- the states not paying the insurance companies won't pay.

The death threats to the doctors is enough intimidation -- you don't need the state doing more.

I am passionate about this I have family experience with how this - withholding information because there may be an abortion works. The baby suffered for 9 months before she finally died.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Dear Spyder550,

I wish I could find more about this bill online. Apparently, it's still being tweaked and has to get through the Senate.

From the little I've seen, I have to agree with you that this bill may have gone too far. I'm glad you spotted it. Now, get a couple of Kansas ATSers to scream at their legislators, and this thing may be fixed. Good work.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
There is a case to be made that the Dark Ages were times when infantacide was an accepted practice. Oh, that's right! Sorry! That's the time we are in right now, when we can kill babies after conception with impunity. And if anyone dares suggest it is wrong, we are subjected to this self-righteous "outrage" that insists women have the right to kill babies if they want to because it's a (cough) "health" issue. You "own" the kid, therefore you get to kill it.

But we won;t even stop there. Now (see thread on ATS) "ethicists" writing in the Journal of Medical Ethics have stated there is no moral difference between abortion and "post birth abortion," i.e.: Infanticide. They said, "what we call after-birth abortion (killing a newborn) should be permissible in all the cases where abortion is, including cases where the newborn is not disabled."

If you devalue human life like this, no wonder the world is screwed up.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
You are welcome to your opinion and you can follow you heart as far as you like. Don't have an abortion I encourage you not to, it is stressful and should be only a last resort. However -- YOU are not living my life or my families life -- we and a significant actually a majority agree with us. YOU have no right to impose your morality or subjective judgements of when life begins, on me or particularly the women of my family. We don't subscribe to those beliefs. The more I see of this and I have been seeing this since the only abortions available were performed with coat hangers. The more it seems that the pro-life side tends to think of children as punishment for sex.

The actual numbers for teen pregnancy and abortion has been trending down for a while now. Trust me it was not through abstinence training.

Like I said my family watched a baby die for nine months. Those are my shoes - walk in them.

Here is the article you reference.

jme.bmj.com...

We knew the baby was going to die within an hour after she was born. You think that her 9 months of suffering were god's gift. I saw pain though she only had part of a brain so it is hard to tell actually what she was feeling - it sure seemed like she was suffering. How do you justify this -- would you even let your dog suffer like this -- really?

BTW - my biggest fear is to not be able to direct my own exit from this mortal coil - I have no qualms about that. And I would do anything in my power to help any member of my family. We don't agree on some fundamental things. To be equitable both are fine - you run your life don't make decisions for mine.

edit on 1-3-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join