It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movies Dealing with Secret Societies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I'm trying to brainstorm a list of films that feature secret societies (real or fictional) prominently. I've come up with a few, but I'm sure there are many more.

The Skulls (1-3) - Based on Skull and Bones. Ignore the cringe inducing low budget sequels.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword (Fictional)

Eyes Wide Shut - Unnamed (Fictional, I think. Anyone got an application? Please? C'MON!)

Fight Club - Fight Club/Project Mayhem (Fictional, a parody of fascism according to author.)

From Hell - Freemasons (Most likely fictional... but who knows for certain?)

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
There have been a few movies released but stuffed if i can think of them let me google for a while and i will get back to you. Iam a movie buff from way back so i should be able to help

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Tombs of the Blind dead 1-4 ----knights templar, real group, fictional story

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The society in Eyes Wide Shut was said to be a slight modification on real ones in New York

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Do you think its a "sex magick" thing or just an unabashed orgy society?
I recall hearing that Eyes Wide Shut was based on a French novel. I'm not sure how New York would figure into that.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It is mentioned in The DaVinci Code that the group in Eyes Wide Shut was based on a real group, can't remember who specifically, though.

Dan Brown is full of it, though, really.

It's not that hard to imagine a secret orgy society, however. Unimaginable or unbelievable sexual acts take place all over the world every day.

As for From Hell -- freemasons have been implicated in the Jack the Ripper murders for a long time now, and this is just another sensationalized and entertaining theory in movie form. I really enjoyed this movie.

The Jack the Ripper Murders and Freemasonry:
www.freemasonrywatch.org...

Zip

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
"Murder By Decree", practically the same theme as "From Hell" (yet a far superior movie IMHO). Oddly, this is very difficult to locate anymore.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i believe the society in Eyes Wide Shut was very loosely based on Opus Dei

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Opus Dei? Are you serious? Opus Dei the extremist prelature of the Catholic church? I don't see it at all.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
i am probably way off on that, but it is what i have heard and i have done no studing into that society. i'm sure someone here could fill me in on it though.

the movie "the 9th gate" also comes to mind in this topic, although there is not really a secret society involved in the movie

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
What about Laura Croft in Tomb Raider.

There is alot of talk about the Illuminati in there!

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Harry Potter 1, 2 & 3- full of symbology, may be related to a number of orginization/ secret societies.

The Firm- not a secret society, but relates to some thoeries about secret societies.

The Mission- Jesuits

That's all I can think of for now..

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
there's a new movie coming out soon with Nick Cage. It's called National Treasure. Apparently it's about a treasure map thats on the reverse side of the declaration of independence. there we a lot of masonic symbols in the trailer.

[edit on 9/20/2004 by Sandro]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strigoi
i believe the society in Eyes Wide Shut was very loosely based on Opus Dei

No, you're thinking of the Priory of Scion, not Opus Dei. Not Opus Dei *at all*.

Zip

new topics

top topics

join