It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most biased media clips contest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I have a psychology class and I am fairly close to the teacher. I talk to him every once in a while about politics, and nearly every time we do it comes back to how horrible the media is with its bias and misrepresentation of truth. I frequent this topic with him, and just this week he offered me a task--one that I would love to accept. He told me I needed to practically write up a lecture I could give to the class, showing them how the media messes with people's perceptions.

Here is where it gets hard. Bias of the media can sometimes be debated, and there are thousands of examples that could be used to show how they lie and twist things around. This makes it tough to decide what to show to a class of psychology students (who have a range of intelligence). I need to find some REALLY good examples of media bias/misrepresentation and I want to make sure the message is loud and clear.

I will post a few videos to get it started, but I really need some help here with some good clips and material. If we are lucky, this thread can get a small bit of attention and can be used as reference to all those people who believe the media is justified in its evil.

Of course these media clips don't need to be political, I will post a few anyway though.
edit on 1-3-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just watch MSNBC and Fox, and you'll get plenty, from the 2 different sides. I recommend Rachel Madcow and Dild O'Reilly.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Just watch MSNBC and Fox, and you'll get plenty, from the 2 different sides. I recommend Rachel Madcow and Dild O'Reilly.

The obvious bias in your comment [childish name calling] is even more ironic given the topic of the thread.
Oh wait, I get it. You were showing what a bias looks like. Got it. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ron Paul vs. the #HONESTMISTAKE (new/improved)

Ron Paul Calls CNN Reporter Stupid and Walks Off (edited version by CNN)

Uncut Ron Paul Interview - CNN Gloria Borger

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
The obvious bias in your comment [childish name calling] is even more ironic given the topic of the thread.
Oh wait, I get it. You were showing what a bias looks like. Got it. Thanks!

Yes, I don't like MSNBC or Fox. I'm bias against talking heads that spin the news. Apparently, you like it. Go back to sleep now.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Yeah, ok everyone knows that there is bias on the media, but that is my point. I want the best examples though. Just telling a group of people that something is biased isn't what I want to do, I want to show them

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Ron Paul shuts down dumb question

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

That's my point. Watch either one of them fools and you'll see the bias. Rachel can't say a good thing about anyone with a (R) at the end of their name, and Bill can't say anything good about anyone with a (D) at the end of their name. They're both bias. You can have your answers by simply watching a few of their clips on Youtube. Pick ANY of their clips, and you'll have your own answers.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This video from a recent thread is pretty good evidence.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1-3-2012 by killuminati2012 because: To add youtube link

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by killuminati2012

Oh yeah, that one is awesome I saw that a couple days ago, thanks!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by killuminati2012

Oh yeah, that one is awesome I saw that a couple days ago, thanks!

No problem. And good luck with the presentation. I hope it manages to open some people's minds a little more and allow them to think critically.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Sky News is like your Fox News.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

outfoxed - the o'reilly "shut up" scene

because "some people say"

edit on 1-3-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here's an example of FOX manipulating what happened with the election protests in Russia last year. Instead of using actual footage from Moscow, they used clips from the Greek riots that made it look like all hell had broken loose in Russia.

And here is the Russia Today video calling out FOX, while also putting their own slant on the matter.

edit on 1-3-2012 by killuminati2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Hey that "some people say" video is genius. I never really thought about it but when they say "some people say", they very legitimately could be saying "

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Here's a website full of biased coverage clips/videos you could start with.

Hope it helps

Specific examples of biased news coverage

ETA
www.mediaite.com

edit on 3/1/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

WOW a whole website... did not even think that there would be a whole place dedicated to it! Very nice thanks a bunch!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Fox... by far. They don't even try to look un-biased.

new topics

top topics

join