It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Weather Forecast for Friday 3/2/12

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
www.spc.noaa.gov...

The National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center issued a HIGH RISK today; this is the earliest I think they've ever done that in a year. High risk of long track violent damaging tornadoes.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
www.spc.noaa.gov...

The National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center issued a HIGH RISK today; this is the earliest I think they've ever done that in a year. High risk of long track violent damaging tornadoes.

What is scary is that all of the major tornadoes going on right now are ONLY in the "moderate" area on that graphic.
edit on 2-3-2012 by 1ibl2ibs because: rephrase

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

@TWCBreaking Buckhorn High School - a #tornado is likely heading your way right now. TAKE SHELTER!! This is between Moores Mill and New Market, AL.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

AT 1005 AM CST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR AND STORM SPOTTERS WERE TRACKING A LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO. THIS TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR MERIDIANVILLE...MOVING EAST AT 55 MPH. THIS IS A TORNADO EMGERGENCY FOR NORTHERN MADISON COUNTY AND THE MERIDIANVILLE AREA. TAKE SHELTER IMMEDIATELY!

forecast.weather.gov...

Large violent tornado on the ground currently north of Huntsville, Alabama.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
content.wdtinc.com...

Wes Lyons storm chaser is on the violent tornado in northern AL right now! Watch live.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
WHNT out of Huntsville, AL has live news coverage if you are interested.

WHNT Website

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

@TWCBreaking Damage reported at Buckhorn High School. This #tornado is large and heading towards the New Market, AL area.

@TWCBreaking Receiving preliminary reports of significant damage in northern Madison County, AL. #tornado

edit on 2-3-2012 by 1ibl2ibs because: Addition

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
WHNT reporting on the air that the Limestone Correctional Facility has taken a direct hit with multiple injuries.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 1ibl2ibs

Just wait until later today when the sun heats up the atmosphere...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Hey, you guys throw it right back at us too. lol
Like a big snowball fight.
edit on 2-3-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT

Originally posted by Jazz87
reply to post by jacktorrance

I saw this link on another post in a different thread on the weather over there.

www.haarpstatus.com...

I haven't really looked into the sites validity but seemed interesting.

I also saw the post on fema employees heading over there.

Everyone stay safe over there for sure. Sendin good vibes.

haarp DOESN'T CREATE TORNADOES.

You'll notice that the NWS high risk outlook is identical to that HAARP status bull crap. Kevin Martin, the guy behind that website, is a known hoaxer, liar, and fraud.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

@TWCBreaking Very good news. All students are safe at Buckhorn High School in Madison Co., AL. #tornado

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The crazy weather was predicted and explained on so many threads, here it is one more time, NOAA even predicted a lot of it.

NOAA winter forecast

Why this freaky weather? The answer is, basically, an extremely unusual jet stream over the last few months, Masters explains. The jet stream that defines weather in North America is controlled by the North Atlantic Oscillation and the Arctic Oscillation, climate patterns that reflect differences in sea-level pressure across certain stretches of the globe. And the pressure differences this year have been tremendous—for the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO), this year saw the most extreme difference ever recorded in December, and the second most extreme for the Arctic Oscillation (AO).
This positive pressure difference has drawn warm air from the southwest over the Eastern US, rather than the usual chilly air from the Arctic

link

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

I thought that was simply another Radar detection site. I wasn't agreeing that HAARP was behind it (I haven't climbed on board that train really) , and the person that posted that comment said they weren't sure about the validity of the site.

I just assumed that it was simply showing Radar hotspots though, similar to the one the OP posted.

Thanks for the info though. Nice to know.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

@TWCBreaking #Tornado spotted northeast of Ellsinore, MO moving northeast. Alert/radar: wxch.nl...

@TWCBreaking Take cover NOW near the city of Jasper, TN. Possible #tornado indicated by radar: wxch.nl...

edit on 2-3-2012 by 1ibl2ibs because: fixed coding

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
The crazy weather was predicted and explained on so many threads, here it is one more time, NOAA even predicted a lot of it.

NOAA winter forecast

Why this freaky weather? The answer is, basically, an extremely unusual jet stream over the last few months, Masters explains. The jet stream that defines weather in North America is controlled by the North Atlantic Oscillation and the Arctic Oscillation, climate patterns that reflect differences in sea-level pressure across certain stretches of the globe. And the pressure differences this year have been tremendous—for the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO), this year saw the most extreme difference ever recorded in December, and the second most extreme for the Arctic Oscillation (AO).
This positive pressure difference has drawn warm air from the southwest over the Eastern US, rather than the usual chilly air from the Arctic

link

No way dude, it's HAARP. The US government is trying to kill off it's citizens by creating tornadoes. (I hope that was dripping with enough sarcasm so everyone sees the lunacy of it).

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I'm in the "severe weather outbreak likely" area. Will be following this thread as long as my internet stays up. I'm sure this has already been posted, but I haven't read through so I'm going to post it anyway, lol. TOR:CON is a 9 out of 10 so if all goes like they suspect it will, this is going to be ugly. Stay safe, friends!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I just saw that Central Ky and Tenn has
a Tor-Con 9. I thought it only went to
8. Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by gemineye

I just saw that Central Ky and Tenn has
a Tor-Con 9. I thought it only went to
8. Stay safe.

Today, it will probably go to 11.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

@TWCBreaking Move to your #tornado shelter on S side of Cape Girardeau, MO. Strong rotation, possibly wrapped in rain to your WSW. wxch.nl...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join