It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Weather Forecast for Friday 3/2/12

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dalemcfad

Get a good quality NOAA weather radio, and learn how to look at weather radar. I'd be glad to teach people how to look at radar.

:edit: for people who don't understand the velocity part of Nexrad radar, if you use National Weather Service radar websites, if a storm is tornado warned, it will be outlined by a red box.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
So reading through this thread and tracking this on a few other sites, the cities and states that will be affected the worst reminded me of this thread by Vinny5036 a couple weeks ago ---> FEMA friends will be gone ..

While he seemed to think it was more related to the New Madrid Fault, he stated his friends told him

if what happens that they think is going to happen, it's going to be a big quagmire.

Not trying to doom and gloom, just posting it in case it's relevant. Maybe this is what they were preparing for?

ETA - I'm not implying HAARP. No one think that, please. I don't really get on board with all that. I'm just concerned about the weather.
edit on 1-3-2012 by jacktorrance because: ETA the ETA

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Weather channel?
They suck my donkey.

They said 4 days ago or somethin' that Michigan would be getting a snow storm...
We only got like 2 inches lol!

FAIL weather channel, FAIL!

Only believe kittens, they predict the future...
If they pee in the carpet... Something is coming. Bad
If they pee in the toilet and read a newspaper... You will be happy life in future.
If they pull out a Revolver and kill them selves', Obama is coming for you!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by matty1053
Weather channel?
They suck my donkey.

They said 4 days ago or somethin' that Michigan would be getting a snow storm...
We only got like 2 inches lol!

FAIL weather channel, FAIL!

Only believe kittens, they predict the future...
If they pee in the carpet... Something is coming. Bad
If they pee in the toilet and read a newspaper... You will be happy life in future.
If they pull out a Revolver and kill them selves', Obama is coming for you!!!

Ha Ha! Too funny,I watch the weather channel,then go outside to confirm. And go to NOAA.
radar.weather.gov...

What a DA!
edit on 1-3-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Here in KC, MO they are saying rain and snow for tomorrow morning.
Earlier we were not even on the map for any strange weather.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

It's just a spring storm, stronger then usual,unless they are responsible for it,like creating it.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I don't disagree. It is just a spring storm, but much stronger than what we normally get here this time of year.

I don't know if I'm on the side of them creating it, but maybe they've known about it (had it predicted longer than we would've been privy to) and have been getting prepped for something to hit the fan, so to speak, for a couple weeks.

The only thing that concerned me about that post, if it was valid, is the length they went to describing what could come from it. I just thought it was interesting that it's in the same areas expecting the upcoming rough weather, and thought if it's legit, then we might need to prepare a bit more.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Great, and the tornadoes will probably be rolling in around the same time I'm supposed to be at work tomorrow.

I saw the F5 that bulldozed across north alabama last April, and I'm hoping it doesn't get that bad again.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I used to live in the Midwest and the weather was so much fun. I live in cali again now and the weather is always boring here. Let's see some HAARP powered storms. lol

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
well that sucks! i'm in ontario,and this stuff always manages to blow thru here after the states get it!
i'm trying to enjoy a bizzare,warm winter with no snow! only 20 days to go before spring!
well any way,thanx for the heads up!
hope every one will be safe

peace

Ontario looks OK so far (Ottawa area), no weather warnings. They may just be waiting for more information on the direction, but it's looking warm this week. High of 4, low of 0 (just freezing for the 'mericans).

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
im in California i think im gonna be ok!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Stuff scares me and my son because we have zero basement and get tornado warnings all the time. they seem to always miss us by 8 to 20 miles and have for like 23 years but man. Each time is a freakin' chance.

This is the kind of lottery I hate being forced to play. It makes me want to move back up by chicago. living in terror in southern illinois is NOT right. Tornados are to be in tornado alley. Kansas, etc. NOT here.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

If you DO NOT POSSESS or HAVE ACCESS TO
a NOAA WEATHER RADIO
please utilize the following link
to get information for your area

www.wunderground.com...

- zS
edit on 2-3-2012 by zanysami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

I saw this link on another post in a different thread on the weather over there.

www.haarpstatus.com...

I haven't really looked into the sites validity but seemed interesting.

I also saw the post on fema employees heading over there.

Everyone stay safe over there for sure. Sendin good vibes.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
What is with people laughing in other areas about how they're OK and their weather is fine on here?

This region just had some storms/tornados wipe out multiple football fields worth of area..destroying a lot of propertly, killing at least 12+, injuring hundreds..in the last 48 hours. And I am in this area, and I went from rain forecasted earlier tonight to, out of the blue in less than 2 hours, 70+ mph winds, baseball hail, thunderstorms, etc.

This is the same region that experienced the worst tornado season ever recorded last year, with the Joplin, MO tornado that has caused people to consider re-defining the tornado scale to exceed an F5 (to an F6 which Joplin likely experienced), and tornados in Albama that were just fukashimaing awful.

And a lot of this region has experienced the mildest/warmest winter in memory, while parts of Europe have deathly unusual winters. And in the last few years we have some of the worst natural disasters in both normal and unusual locations.

Shiznit happens on this planet, I know. This stuff is just weird, though.. I can't recall this type of stuff happening, expanding, and progressing in such a potential trend in my lifetime.

edit: Sorry if I came across with any emotion, as I try to be objective. But seeing people take the time to post that it's sunny elsewhere, or that this is a normal but stronger spring storm work me up a tad. It isn't "officially" spring for 20 more days or so, and I don't think anybody in the region had more than 2-3 weeks of winter instead of 3-4 months of winter. Color me paranoid..the weather is unusual.
edit on 2-3-2012 by idk42 because: edit for additional info

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Just wanted to post a tip for those in the storms path. If your heading into work or out of the house, it's a good idea to take a mobile phone charger with you and keep your phone on charge if you can. That way if you lose power later on you don't have to worry about your phone's battery running low. Mobile phones are pretty much a life line now, between getting alerts, checking radar & calling family/friends to make sure they are ok.

Stay Safe everyone!!!

OiO
edit on 2-3-2012 by OneisOne because: had a typo, not enough coffee... edit 7:43am EST

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Stay good people..
And if you can't be good, be careful.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I live in Southwestern Illinois, just across the river from St.Louis and it just hailed nickel to quarter sized hail here. It only lasted for about 10 minutes and it just now let up but that's the biggest I've seen in a long time.
edit on 2-3-2012 by AlphaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by badconduct

weather advisory given aprx. 5 am for southern ontario/great lakes area up to toronto.
up to 20 cm of snow for nickle belt and winds gusting up to 70 km per hour.

source : enviroment canada

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
We just got notification that my area is now high risk for long track tornadoes.
Louisville,ky.

I'm at work,on the road with the iPad.

Be safe !!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join