It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Weather Forecast for Friday 3/2/12

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

So it looks like the tornado followed 296 and 64 to Murphy. Hiwassee Dam was a TVA dam built in the 40s. Murphy, the town, was the result of workers moving to the area. What a mess. Thank you Fourwinds for posting these.

It's not a rich area, I pray the folks can recover from this.....

Des

edit on 3-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
were covered in the midst of the weather right now. Slowly moving out to the coast. Looks like it will be hovering around until after 9AM

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Went to the store today with my wife to get some groceries. The State Police were asking for donations (Water, Flashlights, Dry Food, Batteries, Blankets and Clothes). It is good to see people coming together in this time of need, the section of the store (they had it fenced off with make shift cages) was filled and items were being put on the outside of it (we had to leave our items in the cart parked beside it).

I hope those affected receive this much needed stuff soon.

IWOH

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

So relieved to hear about your friends safety. Thank you for letting me/us know. You are all still in our prayers and generosity.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Very interesting and appreciated. Makes sense however what I was thinking right or wrong is that what we may be dealing with now could be including the magnetosphere as one of the components which would or could in thought cause that traveling lift across large bodies of water. can the atmosphere change what we have typically known in past when it comes to these types of winds which would pick up more moisture when arriving at the next landfall?

I will look forward to your thoughts.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Here is the latest satellite images for this storm system.

www.goes.noaa.gov...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Also to update about the little 2 year old girl who was found and her parents had be killed in the storm, Sadly the little one has also now passed away,

So so sad
usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

My thoughts go out to those who knew her and the family,

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Too many deaths.
My heart is saddened by all this destruction.
So many personal stories of devastation because of this storm system.
And to make matters worst,it is suppose to snow tonight.

I have made donations to the redcross here locally,I had offered to volunteer,but was ask to donate goods and supplies instead.

For more info,go here.
www.redcross.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I am in tears now, I so wanted the little
one to live.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Wow that looks like a sonogram of a baby! The whirling mass to the right really looks wicked! Thanks for the picture.

On a side note, even though all of the weather sources looked and claimed it was clear as a bell here in mid mo.... It was SSSOOO windy this afternoon coming from all directions and a huge mass of tornadic looking clouds came rolling through both high and low, it was ominous looking.

These winds and thick swirling looking clouds are the last things the devastated states need tonight and tomorrow.

I have a family emergency and will be gone all day tomorrow, but thank you for the reply.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

PMG I am so sad to hear this, tears from the heart. At least all of our little Angel is at peace with her entire family now. Bless the family left behind in this tragic ending.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I am going to go to A Springfield tomorrow and try to make a donation of time and money through Convoy of Hope. I wish I could go and do more but my plate is so full right now and I would only be in the way I fear.

Please continue keeping me/us posted as this is the best link to the disaster we are all part of.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Aww, so heartbreaking. The baby that was found in field, passed away.
news.yahoo.com...

The whole family

RIP Babcock's

That is just awful.

My condolence to their family.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Good Morn fellow storm watchers. Power just went out for the 3rd time up here. Wind is howling on and off. We don't have a big electric company, a co-op little one. All it takes is for a tree to go down somewhere in the forest where the lines are strung, and it's lights off for us, until a crew locates and repairs. I don't bother with the generator unless it's night time, and been out long enough to effect cooling freezing units.

Hope all are well, and keeping warm....Has anyone heard from theredneck yet...

Des
edit on 5-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Good Morning.

The power here has flickered, but not gone out (thank goodness). It is supposed to get warmer today, but it was cold overnight and it also snowed here. We got about 3 inches where I live in Frankfort. As I drove to work today, I observed cars that were off the road. I did feel for them, but more so for the people who are spending time in the Shelters right now.

My son and I were shoveling this morning and were glad to go back inside. We spoke for a minute about how thankful we were to have a place, warmth, and hot food and water.

Kdog, I am not too far away from Louisville, please let me know if there is anything you need.

ETA: Sorry, the offer is for everyone, if there is something I can do. I know it is not much, but just in case I can.

IWOH

edit on 5-3-2012 by IwasOnceHappy because: ETA offer for assistance

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I am from Paris, Ky but moved to
Indiana 2 years ago. My family
is in Paris. My daughter got
her car stuck in the snow on
the way to work this morning.
Strange weather as it has
been Spring like until now -
whats next?

Stay safe Ky friends!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by IwasOnceHappy

Thanks,I'm good here.

Snow!

My backyard this morning!

And tomorrow it will be 60 here tomorrow.

edit on 5-3-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

No kidding, what brought the winds? I can't believe how windy it is out there. Hope I don't get blown away going to work today. Force of the winds is just nuts, and it like little patch spots of wind and then it calms down again.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hey Kdog, in Frankfort bundled in the back of Kroger, funnel clouds in city. Sorry to update an old thread, on my mobile. Will try to take a pic. IWOH

ETA. Sorry if that sounded dramatic, I wrote it quickly. Internet is still off, typing from my phone, i will login tomorrow and upload a picture of people in the storeroom. All safe, but my daughter was shaking.

IWOH

edit on 30-4-2012 by IwasOnceHappy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IwasOnceHappy
Hey Kdog, in Frankfort bundled in the back of Kroger, funnel clouds in city. Sorry to update an old thread, on my mobile. Will try to take a pic. IWOH

Wow,thanks for the update!
Be safe,man.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join