It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Weather Forecast for Friday 3/2/12

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Correct me if im wrong.. but didn't the Mayans say 2012 would be a time of strange weather patterns.. how often do we get tornadoes in the winter?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

That is just frightening to watch this unfold. It's even making headline news here in Aust, and generally only the worst ever get a mention here. The damage is just silencing to watch.

Please, please, everyone over in the US in the paths of this hell stay safe and stay smart. Sending our prayers and well wishes for your safety from Oz.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
Correct me if im wrong.. but didn't the Mayans say 2012 would be a time of strange weather patterns.. how often do we get tornadoes in the winter?

I don't think they did. There again it might be me who's wrong. But freaky non the less. Whatever - all those who keep saying the weather this last year or so is just normal variation had better pull their heads out of the sand.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Storm just got here. Hope everyone is safe,I don't care.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Ok guys im hoping that you are all safe, If those who where on this thread that where in the path could come back and just say you are ok ect xx

We where all thinking of you and praying that you are all safe and well,

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
logging out; See you tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
wow a lot of people died... the severe weather is crazy lately

rip 31 souls lost
edit on 3/3/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Praying for those in the paths of these storms.

Video from Henryville, Ind., after the tornado struck.

Des, hope all is well....please check in soon.

The Weather Channel is already asking in their headline...

Largest Outbreak on Record?

One of the most destructive tornado outbreaks for early March raked across the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys Friday March 2.

According to our Tornado Expert Dr. Greg Forbes, Friday's outbreak has the potential to be the largest on record for the month of March. The existing record for this month is 74 tornadoes in the outbreak of March 11-13, 2006.

As of Saturday morning, there were around 95 reports of tornadoes in at least 10 states from Mississippi to Ohio. Keep in mind tornado reports will be consolidated when damage surveys are done, so these numbers will likely be revised downward.

Alabama

West Liberty

Henryville, Ind.

Source

edit on 3-3-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Good Morning everyone, I hope you all fared through the night well.

It is cooler today in Frankfort, looked at the weather and saw that tomorrow we are expected to have snow (not much). We will have everyone in our thoughts, especially thinking about those who lost their lives.

We hope everyone that was affected by this will be able to find a warm shelter or home to go to, so they do not have to stay in the cold during this time.

ETA: I hope you are doing well in NC at this time (manhater I think), it looks like the storms are almost through the state.

ETA 2: Kdog, I hope you and your family are well.

IWOH

edit on 3-3-2012 by IwasOnceHappy because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2012 by IwasOnceHappy because: Added ETA 2

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
What a night! This was the first time the tornado sirens have ever sounded near my house. May as well have slept in the basement! Happy to have the sirens, happy to have a basement. I hope all fared well.

ETA: It's only March 3...
edit on 3/3/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Made it through the storms ok here in my area. Places to the south of us didn't fare so well, like Tellico Plains. Thinking about those in Kentucky & Indiana this morning.

Hoping everyone else gets a chance to check in and let us know how you're doing. Hope you and yours are safe!

OiO

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
As devastating as this all is, its not the largest or worst tornado system. Here is more info, FYI:

The most extreme tornado in recorded history was the Tri-State Tornado, which roared through parts of Missouri, Illinois, and Indiana on March 18, 1925. It was likely an F5, though tornadoes were not ranked on any scale in that era. It holds records for longest path length (219 miles, 352 km), longest duration (about 3.5 hours), and fastest forward speed for a significant tornado (73 mph, 117 km/h) anywhere on earth. In addition it is the deadliest single tornado in United States history (695 dead)

Tornado Records

Currently the one to beat is the April 2011 Super Outbreak:

The largest tornado outbreak ever recorded, and popularly known as the 2011 Super Outbreak, occurred from April 25 to 28, 2011....359 tornadoes were confirmed by the National Weather Service in 21 states...Four of the tornadoes were destructive enough to be rated EF5... That death toll includes 322 tornado-related deaths across six states.

Excerpts taken from HERE

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Wishing safety and luck of recovery.

No more the time than now to be prepared. Because, we just don't know what lies ahead.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
We have some heavy rains, and some boomers here today, but nothing like the people to the NW of us experienced yesterday.

We do get some very severe storms here, and have had tornadoes in the area over the years (a F2 went right between my house and my neighbor's house out here in the country), but a lot of the storms, like yesterday loose most of their energy by the time they get here.

I really feel sorry for those that we lost, and all the damage that was done. My heart goes out to those families.

Does anyone know how the 20 month old girl that was found in a field is doing? Last I read, her parents had not been found, and she had to be air lifted to a hospital. I can't find anything further this morning.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
In N. Indiana - we had a storm
with hail and high winds last night but
all is well - no tornados in my immediate
area. My heart goes out to those that
lost loved ones and their homes. May
you heal quickly and may things come
back together swiftly in rebuilding.
edit on 3-3-2012 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I read earlier this morning that
the little girl found in the field
is in critical condition. I hope
she recovers, so sad.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

she recovers, so sad.

Thanks. Having 6 children of my own, with 3 of them grown and one with her own 2 kids, I'm feeling..........angry right now. VERY angry about that. But being angry at mother nature is about as useful as being angry at a brick wall for being there. It is what it is.

I hope she makes it.
edit on 3-3-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

she recovers, so sad.

I think that is the latest update.

They have found her family, but will not confirm if it is the parents.

Kosair representatives called authorities in the devastated areas of Indiana and the search for her parents went out on television broadcasts. The hospital was able to positively identify the family related to the girl, but did not say if it was the parents of the 2-year-old girl.

The hospital could not confirm the parents’ condition.
Source

The link has a video, at the end they give the little girl's status. Hope she continues to improve.

OiO

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I feel lucky that my area was spared. My heart wrenches when I see the pics of devastation and destruction. My Grammy lives in Harvest AL and though the tornadoes passed about 1 mile away (again), she was pretty shook up. The area that was hit last night was the exact same spot that was hit last year. I spend a lot of time there and I couldn't be any more saddened for the people who were starting to rebuild and get their lives back on track only to have it all ripped away yet again.

I haven't looked at very many pics or watched any of the news coverage today. I just can't take the doom and gloom right now in my life. I pray that this is not an indication of things to come for the remainder of 2012, but my gut says this is just the beginning.

Stay safe! Peace and love to all.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Good Morning all. Things are well here. Tornadoes touched down all around my area, but we are unscathed up here on top of the mountain. My heart goes out to the people who lost so much. It's hard to imagine what my eyes are seeing on tv reports, of the destruction and loss of life in such a wide swath of chaos.

My Prayers to those still looking for Family members. Prayers for those lost.

Thank You everyone in this thread for posting instant updates. Please, all check in to let us know that you are OK.

I'll be spending part of today gathering downed branches into a huge pile, and removing the new swimming pool in my basement..... I feel so lucky, almost a little bit guilty...

ETA: Yesterday it was in the low 70's, now it's 38 degrees......cold front moved in with the storm.....

Des

edit on 3-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join