It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Weather Forecast for Friday 3/2/12

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Doodle,be safe,keep those eyes and ears out.
And keep us updated on your situation.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks,OneisOne!
I hope that those affected pay close attention to the upcoming situation.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Hey neighbor!! We have spoken before about how close we are to each other. I have bad news....my mother-in-law works in Frankfort for Emergency Management and she said they had a conference call today with "some members of the National Guard" apparently they are saying this is going to be really rough for us. She said they were talking about multiple tornados. I hope they are wrong.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Be safe,and keep the Armour on,(jk about the avatar)

Keep us updated on your situation.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
We used to live near Huntsville Alabama. I swear we'd have a tornado every other day ... always diving into closets or the bathtub with pillows over our heads (like that would help?). I'm glad we are now up here, but we still get them every so often. After 9 years in Alabama .. every time the fire whistle in town blows I still look up at the sky expecting to see a funnel cloud. I guess it'll take a while for that to wear off ...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Hey,newsoul.
Looking like it might be pretty bad.

Be safe,girl.

And thanks for that update.

National Guard,huh.

WOW!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Ky is a Tor Con 7 - my family
is in central Ky. Going to call
them later to give the info
you have provided. Here in
N. Indiana we are in the orange
so I think we will be alright.
Please stay very alert folks!
Thank you OP for this thread and
please take good care yourself.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It looks as though we're in for another wild weather season. Batten down the hatches.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I have to tell ya, I'm pretty rattled. She doesn't ever call us with warnings about the weather. Actually, this is the very first time. I was scared yesterday because our oldest son goes to school in Bardstown and the E-Town tornado was heading straight for them. He said they spent 2 hours in the hallway. I'm seriously considering keeping all the kids home tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul

I have to tell ya, I'm pretty rattled. She doesn't ever call us with warnings about the weather. Actually, this is the very first time. I was scared yesterday because our oldest son goes to school in Bardstown and the E-Town tornado was heading straight for them. He said they spent 2 hours in the hallway. I'm seriously considering keeping all the kids home tomorrow.

I know,those tornadoes just south of us just yesterday.
I'm reposting what you said about the national guard.

Hey neighbor!! We have spoken before about how close we are to each other. I have bad news....my mother-in-law works in Frankfort for Emergency Management and she said they had a conference call today with "some members of the National Guard" apparently they are saying this is going to be really rough for us. She said they were talking about multiple tornados. I hope they are wrong.

And I don't blame you.
I have to work tomorrow,but they are saying the storms are not suppoes to hit until around 5 pm.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul

Thanks for this info. I live twenty minutes from Frankfort in Owen County. This might indeed get pretty rough. I really hope we are spared.

OP: Thanks for this thread. I will be reading it throughout tomorrow. Everyone stay safe and stay alert tomorrow...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

yeah man...my allergies are already gearing up. they usually don't start to flare until late april...pollen already showing up...gonna be a rough summer...

mom is waking up...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
www.srh.noaa.gov...

A MODERATE RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS MIDDLE TENNESSEE FOR FRIDAY... ...MAIN THREATS ARE DAMAGING WINDS AND HAIL... ...SUPERCELLUAR THUNDERSTORMS ARE POSSIBLE AND MAY GENERATE STRONG...LONG TRACK TORNADOES...

www.spc.noaa.gov...

WITH STORM MODE LIKELY TO BECOME A MIX OF SUPERCELLS AND COMPLEX LINE SEGMENTS...THREATS FOR BOTH DAMAGING WINDS AND SEVERAL TORNADOES APPEARS EVIDENT...ACCOMPANYING THE LIKELIHOOD FOR LARGE HAIL. A COUPLE OF STRONG TORNADOES WILL ALSO BE POSSIBLE -- MAINLY DURING THE MID TO LATE AFTERNOON HOURS IN AND NEAR THE MODERATE RISK AREA.

If you live in the area, heed the warnings! Also, check the SPC website frequently.

www.spc.noaa.gov...

I'm a storm chaser and storm fanatic; since I work nights, I'll be following this closely tomorrow and will start a thread with live chaser cams when tornadoes are viewable live.

www.chasertv.com...
edit on 1-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
By the way, if you have a smart phone, you can get warning information. IMO, the best app is weatherbug; it's free and weather alerts are issued via GPS location.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
www.srh.noaa.gov...

A MODERATE RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS MIDDLE TENNESSEE FOR FRIDAY... ...MAIN THREATS ARE DAMAGING WINDS AND HAIL... ...SUPERCELLUAR THUNDERSTORMS ARE POSSIBLE AND MAY GENERATE STRONG...LONG TRACK TORNADOES...

www.spc.noaa.gov...

WITH STORM MODE LIKELY TO BECOME A MIX OF SUPERCELLS AND COMPLEX LINE SEGMENTS...THREATS FOR BOTH DAMAGING WINDS AND SEVERAL TORNADOES APPEARS EVIDENT...ACCOMPANYING THE LIKELIHOOD FOR LARGE HAIL. A COUPLE OF STRONG TORNADOES WILL ALSO BE POSSIBLE -- MAINLY DURING THE MID TO LATE AFTERNOON HOURS IN AND NEAR THE MODERATE RISK AREA.

If you live in the area, heed the warnings! Also, check the SPC website frequently.

www.spc.noaa.gov...

I'm a storm chaser and storm fanatic; since I work nights, I'll be following this closely tomorrow and will start a thread with live chaser cams when tornadoes are viewable live.

www.chasertv.com...

I am a sick lover of storms too.
Thanks for that and looking forward to your thread!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up kdog I live in ringgold and we got hit by a tornado pretty hard last year guess ima be diving down the basement stairs after i get a look at it and a pic.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Well, I'm in the red unfortunately, and no one in my town is prepared to deal with tornadoes. We'll just have to try and ride it out, I suppose.

It really helps to be as prepared as you can be, so thanks for the info! My thoughts are with everyone that's about to get hit by this. Strange winter, indeed.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by darknull
Thanks for the heads up kdog I live in ringgold and we got hit by a tornado pretty hard last year guess ima be diving down the basement stairs after i get a look at it and a pic.

Wow,good luck to ya and be safe.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm a storm lover myself, but I must say I was a bit worried during yesterday's storms in TN. Watched the news sayin a possible tornado was tracking right for us!

Fortunately, this tornado was NOT a long tracking one. Had it been it would've come pretty dang close to us. We are due east just a few miles from where an EF-2 touched down in cumberland county, TN. Sadly 2 women were killed and 5 injured.

I like a good storm, but don't like to see people hurt either.

Stay safe everyone!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacktorrance

Well, I'm in the red unfortunately, and no one in my town is prepared to deal with tornadoes. We'll just have to try and ride it out, I suppose.

It really helps to be as prepared as you can be, so thanks for the info! My thoughts are with everyone that's about to get hit by this. Strange winter, indeed.

The only good thing is that you know and can warn others and prepare for it.

Stay safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join