It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Weather Forecast for Friday 3/2/12

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenIgnorance

Yeah, it's that long line closing in that scares me. Even more so since it is hitting during the night when you can't see it.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Just heard the long line to the west should avoid the cold front, and in the process absorb one of the storms. Finally some good news on the news!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by insanedr4gon

Yep insanedr4gon. I'm just off the plateau and hoping that line weakens as it moves east.

Been watching local news all evening. Mostly Channel 6 (WATE). Reports are Tellico Plains was hit really hard earlier today. They have shut off access to the town and pretty much the entire town is staying in the Jr. High School for shelter. I've heard the KOA campground was wiped out.

Right now things are calm where I am. Seeing some lighting waaay off to the north. Well, news just updated. Looks like things could get interesting over the next hour.

Again, stay safe all!!!!

OiO

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Harlan Kentucky got almost tennis ball size hail. Not sure if it was mentioned earlier but Nasville got baseball size earlier.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Posting photos out of the Henryville, Indiana area...very sad.

Photos from Henryville High School

Source

edit on 2-3-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Those towns that were wiped out,ENTIRE TOWNS!!!!!!!
Where will they go?

We fared well,Newsoul,but my heart goes out to those that didn't.
I want to help,as one of my buddies from work is an EMS paramedic part time up close to there.
He told me that their hands are full and bringing people in right now would make things worst.
So,I will wait till he calls or I hear something further..

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I actually live in Crossville, but am in Kingston for the weekend. Probably a good thing tonight.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenIgnorance

Looks like your new to ATS, so here's a stormy welcome from a fellow Kingston resident.

Here's hoping our lil community makes it thru in one piece!

OiO

EDIT...... Well... Crossville?? We're close enough to be neighbors! I'll take it!!!
edit on 2-3-2012 by OneisOne because: add

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Video out of Pekin, Indiana

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleepingdeath
great im in the middle of this and it suck!

Greetings:

Where are you?

What's the prognosis for the rest of the night where you live?

Here in North Georgia, it looks like we're in for quite a ride, as the storms that will affect us are already firing up as far back as Louisiana... still appear to be only thunderstorms at this moment

We would not want to be out and about in Atlanta after 9:00 p.m. as there is a supercell headed our way.

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Thanks dancedwithwolves,I have been seeing those vids for awhile now,and it's still heartbreaking.
Those are families,communities destroyed.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Charleston, WV New line of cells heading your way. Take Cover

twitter.com...#!/NeighborhoodFP/status/175748846180241409/photo/1

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thank you! Small world. We probably know of each other but I don't think people typically reveal much about theirselves on here. Kingston has somewhat of a tornado resistant terrain, but who knows with a day like today. Henryville Indiana thought the same and look what happened.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

It is so sad. My kids and I are a little over an hour from some of these areas hit so hard today. I am so very grateful to have my children here with me safe. On the livestream a little bit ago, the reporter was describing a man walking up and down the street searching for a missing daughter, and the chaos there.

Yes...heartbreaking.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I made it. It was rough, but we're all ok. I have friends in the hardest hit areas of Kentucky that we're not able to get in touch with and I'm worried. I'm guessing phone and power lines are down and even cell circuits are probably jammed. I'm not going to call anymore just in case emergency calls are having problems going through. I'm hoping to hear they're safe very soon though.

Good luck to every one of you who are still in this storms path.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Etowah looks pretty bad. 6 homes destroyed, a barn blown away. Luckily, it looks like the only reports are an injured child and killed horse. I'll see if I can get pics.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Posting photos out of the Henryville, Indiana area...very sad

i was wondering why our cable weather channel was spending a lot of time on Henryville...
it seems they were delibrately not reporting the real devestation there... so as to not upset relatives across America

good for the network in not glamorizing the situation
edit on 2-3-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2012 by St Udio because: spelling---------

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Macon County, NC

Franklin NC

TORNADO heading your way - east @ 45 mph

16 miles from Nantahala Lake

Til 9:15 PM

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

My niece told me earlier that the power was out in Paris, Ky - that
may be the problem in lots of areas. Hope they are alright.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
@StuOstro: "Radar indication of strong rotation headed toward NW suburbs of #Atlanta if it holds together yfrog.com... #tornado."

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join