It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Weather Forecast for Friday 3/2/12

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
great im in the middle of this and it suck!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleepingdeath

I'm with you, pretty much holed up here hoping nothing touches down near me. I can handle the hail, but will $%@# my pants if I see any funnels.
Be safe.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dowot

Maryville TN? Can anyone provide a source???
edit on 2-3-2012 by EnlightenIgnorance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
Jeezz... people on ATS really care about the weather. Talk about the weather! Talk about it!

Perhaps mention when it's gonna be sunny next time?

People here are obsessed with everything bad, negative and gloomy.

Be happy folks.

So, I take it you aren't in any danger...go drink another beer while we, in the tornado zones/path take care of each other.

If you don't like this thread....get lost....

Des

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Weather channel interviewing the Govenor right now, looks like everyone feels worried this stormcell madness idnt letting up. He says Obama has been in touch with him and is keeping tabs on all this too. Obama needs to come on board ATS here.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenIgnorance
reply to post by dowot

Saw on the Weather Channel, the sheriff for the area had men on the site. Described the town as a place that's mostly a farming community: a few buidlings, etc, a place with a couple of hundred people. His men reported a lot of trees down, but had not said anything about the few buildings there. It wouldn't take a very large tornado to wipe that place out however.

Waiting here in my part of SC to see if they move any of the watches over to where I live (border of GA/SC, near Augusta).

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenIgnorance
reply to post by dowot

I think it's Indiana.... I'll find it.

Hold please.

OiO

-----------------------

Marysville, Indiana.....

Marysville, Indiana Tornado 'Completely' Destroys Town As Twisters Sweep Across State

JEFFERSONVILLE, Ind. (AP) — Tornadoes have left widespread damage in southern Indiana and a sheriff's official says at least one town of about 1,900 people is "completely gone."

National Weather Service coordinator Bill Whitlock there's "extreme damage" in the area of Henryville, a town of about 3,000 people just north of the Kentucky border. Destruction can be seen for miles and a school district spokeswoman says heavy damage has been reported at Henryville High school.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 2-3-2012 by OneisOne because: add information.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Here is a live stream, www.ustream.tv...

And please if you are in an affected area make sure you have your radios on so you can be updated

supercell producing a tornado in Eastern KY. People in Inez and Bradbury should be taking cover now.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
News on Fox telling people in Montgomery AL to get ready to take cover.....

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenIgnorance

It's Marysville, Indiana.

Tornadoes have ravaged the South and Midwest, destroying homes, claiming lives and wiping one Indiana town of 1,900 residents entirely off the map.

Extensive and widespread damage has been reported by authorities in Henryville, southern Indiana, where trees were downed, school roofs were ripped off and one person was reportedly left dead.

The nearby town of Marysville is 'completely gone', according to Clark County Sheriff’s Department Major Chuck Adams, and multiple injuries have been reported.

Police have reported seven deaths across Southern Indiana, with three deaths in Jefferson County, just above the Kentucky border, and four further north in Ripley County, ABC News reported.

Source

Edit: didn't see OiO already posted it

edit on 2/3/2012 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Sorry,kind of emotional right now.
When I posted this yesterday,I didn't see this coming.
The emotional aspect.

Thanks to all for the reports.

For those who made fun of it,remember that next time someone you love gets killed.

As I have finally heard from those I know from around there,they are all ok.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Maryville TN has close to 30,000 residents and is 16 square miles. The local station isn't mentioning Maryville anymore, though a strong cell did move through it. I just got in touch with someone in Maryville who said she didn't get anything too bad.

***Thank you Fazza for clearing that up. Marysville Indiana.***

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
Jeezz... people on ATS really care about the weather. Talk about the weather! Talk about it!

Perhaps mention when it's gonna be sunny next time?

People here are obsessed with everything bad, negative and gloomy.

Be happy folks.

? Of course we are talking about the weather when many of our members are right in the path of destruction,

So join us in our discussion and update us all on the thread,

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Violent tornado heading toward East Kermit, Kentucky. Take cover now!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Looks like if you are in Knoxville, you have a little breather time before the next round.

Be safe out there.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I'm feel so bad for all of the people who are enduring this horrible series of storms. We were fortunate, strong winds, heavy rain and small hail. Kdog, I'm glad to hear that you also fared well. God bless those who didn't.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The wind just really picked up here in northern indiana, i'm guessing we'll lose power shortly. It keeps going in and out. Winds on the backside of this system are very strong.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
warning issued for Haralson, Polk counties:: Warning for Bradley, Hamilton, and Polk County in Tennessee until 8:15pm EST

A funnel cloud has been spotted northeast of Oneonta, Alabama.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Power is flickering in in Knox county. I hope power stays up throughout this whole terrible storm. After last April, you'd think I would be used to this, but... nope.
Be safe.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by insanedr4gon

I'm in Kingston which is ~20 miles Southwest of Knoxville. We do have a bit of a breather but there is a strong cell about to pass just south of Crossville. It will likely come through here and then Knoxville.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join