It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How British Are You? Take the Citizenship Test

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
FAIL
15 out of 24 63% 6min 53 sec
Guess I have to return my Birth Certificate and have my N.I. number voided.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

just did it and my result was
13/24=54% in 5mins 51 secs +failed
and im british

off to try again
edit on 2/3/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

just got a pass
after cheating

edit on 2/3/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
British and Failed.

Although I feel the test centers around knowing how to "work" the system, knowing specific demographics of minority immigrant groups, and has not insight of reference to British History, Culture or Traditions.

Being as born Citizen, who has never "worked" the system or interest or need to know about minority immigrant demographics. Why would I need to know this.

By this test I am obviously not worthy or indoctrinated enough in the PC policy agenda of the civil service, and therefore have no right to be British.

All in all it sounds about right to me of Modern Britain. That is why I left for the third world!

Last one out turn off the light please.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Im starting to think this test has been deliberatly constructed to mess with us!

in 1967 what percent of somthign random did some guys do?

5.332%
5.344%
5.348%
or
5.342%

dont know? YOU ARE A TERRIBLE BRITISH PERSON!

give me a break.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

well i took the test for real...i am an immigrant....the test varies it's questions....so you need to study all areas to get it right.....I have my life in the uk certificate...and when i was studying for the test....barely anyone knew the answers to most of the questions....when i did go in and do the test....the lad y givng the details of the test could barely speak english.....most the applicants could barely speak english....i took the test in cheetham hill in manchester....the people running the show there were ALL foreigners....I am Canadian....i speak fluent English ....My grandparents were English and all my family previous my ancestor Direct lineage was Mayor of liecester 1441 then again in 1453......I am still having immigration problems....i have to go through the whole process again in november....I had to sign that i would not Ever claim benefits off the state...which i do not want anyways....It has cost me over £5000 so far and still not able to get me citizenship....I am from a commonwealth country....i have always worked since i have got here.....I stay first four yrs under ancestry.....but as many people have said...."your the wrong color m8".....it would seem to me they are somewhat correct.

now go and do the test under immigration circumstances where your stay in the country is dependant on it....I had the fastest recorded time on the test.....and i was over 90% correct...but when you get your document...it jus says....PASSED.

not to be offensive....but the cost and the whole process was a joke.

It was demeaning and an insult to have people working the office who could barely speak english themselves
edit on 053131p://f56Friday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 053131p://f59Friday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

That is totally mad and i would like to apologise on behalf of my country. As just about the only Brit on here who seems to have passed this test, i will see if i can pull any strings for you!

Seriously though, i didn't think you would have so many issues being from a Commonwealth Country, particularly Canada. Not that it necessarily should do, but you would have thought someone from one of the 'Anglo' Commonwealth countries would find it far easier to get back to blighty - particularly given that you have roots in the UK that can be proved!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

when i had an interveiw to get my first passport
the person giving said interveiw was russian
i think
that done my head right in

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

well the worst bit is...i am married to a British citizen....but because in my first application i applied under ancestry they said i cannot now apply under marriage...so for my second four year stint i had to apply as my wifes carer....and i told the solicitor it was digusting and wrong that i would have to apply under those terms...also when i aplied under ancestry i was accepted for fours but when i went to go permanent they would not accept it as the law between canada and england changed in april 1962....and i was born in march 1962....which means if i had apllied for citizenship in my first month they would have just issued me a British passport.
edit on 063131p://f10Friday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

reply to post by Freeborn

Congrats to you guys

It is pretty hard but it's not impossible.

Just looking up things in the past like percentages of faiths in the UK and working in recruitment bringing in overseas staff in the past obviously helped me a little.
But I guessed at just under half of the questions and got about half of my guesses right.

To be fair, I didn't study for it and those who take the test obviously do.

I think these kinds of "Citizenship Tests" are a joke anyway, as I said on the first page, there must be better criteria and more important things to worry about than whether someone knows who's eligible for free prescriptions or when divorce was made legal or how many days a school is open.... in fact, almost all of the questions were silly.

It needs to be changed I think.

edit on 2/3/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I live in Scotland, so the question: "Which of the following TWO types of people get their prescriptions free of charge?" is totally invalid here, as NOBODY pays for prescriptions. I believe the same is true in Wales.

If they mean England, then they should say England - Britain and England are not one and the same.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

The system is a joke to be honest.
The "Conditions and Criteria" are just crazy...

If you were a nurse or carer from outside the EU, you could get in almost instantly and without much hassle at all.

I think they need to seriously look at the way they run these tests.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fiflad

Well it may be a little dated and may not be entirely accurate, but It's a pretty decent example of what kinds of questions and subjects you will be tested on.

It's not the official test and you wont be asked those exact questions, but it's a rough guide.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

what is the joke is i am a builder....engineer.....i am not a carer.....It just seems if your not an asylum seeker or from with in the EU it is difficult....I know it is difficult to get into Canada to....I know for some reason people get affinity to their home countries....but i have traveled all over the world and it is a beautiful and ....I regard myself as a person of Earth.....i am a citizen only of the world i was born into.....Borders are a great divider...and need to be abolished.....true freedom should be global freedom in my opinion.....man has no right to create pens for the slaves.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by fiflad

Well it may be a little dated and may not be entirely accurate, but It's a pretty decent example of what kinds of questions and subjects you will be tested on.

It's not the official test and you wont be asked those exact questions, but it's a rough guide.

It is a rough guide but i can say it is very much similar to that test.....

this is a site i used for study and it had come closet to the questions for the test

life in the uk guide

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

freecitizenshiptest.org...

I passed!

I'm English and of course I failed the English test as mentioned before, lol. Oh well, here I come America, the land where I belong..

edit on 2-3-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

I totally agree and feel exactly the same mate, I am not nationalistic and feel I too am a citizen of the world.
But I also understand the need to cap immigration and have border controls.
It's not sustainable to just have millions and millions of people moving to one country but they need to look at the criteria and so on.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I took that test too.That's something any American should pass.Any American here who even clicks that link it should insult them.Because that's what the user who posted it is trying to do.

ETA : " What ocean is on the east coast of the united states?" Seriously people? Get off your horse.Because YOU couldn't pass a test about YOUR country don't make one up that's so insulting and trying to put down Americans.
edit on 2-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I took that test too.That's something any American should pass.Any American here who even clicks that link it should insult them.Because that's what the user who posted it is trying to do.

Oh. Well I don't feel so good about passing it now. Thanks, lol.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

OK did your one (the one on page 2) and got this

Total Score: 20/24 (83 %)
You have PASSED the Test
You need to get at least 75% (18 Questions correct) to pass this test

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I know man... I passed too... I should have dual nationality or some ****

new topics