It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joining the Illuminati or The Templars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl

Yea there is people that say they are but most likely they're local lodge members of their city that because they're in the group think they know all the secrets. There's no 33's here, why would some one with access to real information come here and sift through the threads BS

33rds don't have access to any more information than anyone else. The 33rd degree is primarily honorary in nature, conferred in recognition of service. Just because someone holds it doesn't necessarily mean he's knowledgable concerning Masonic history, philosophy, etc.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by Hipgnosis

why christian? i thought the 'G' just meant god! any god! please explain. what about hindu masons?
are they outta luck?

Yes, there are Hindu Masons...but the Knights Templar is reserved for Christian Masons only. The full name of the Templars was the Poor Knights of Jesus Christ of the Temple of Solomon the King. It has always been a Christian chivalric order.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJmaps

I've heard that 5% of top level freemasons are chosen into the Illuminati.

I don't know, I'm just wondering if there's any truth to that.

Depends upon what you mean by "Illuminati". In a general sense, it's simply a Latin word meaning "enlightened", and a lot of Scottish Rite patents of the 32nd and 33rd degrees mention it.

But if by "illuminati" you mean the club founded in Bavaria by Adam Weishaupt in the 18th century, then no. Weishaupt's Illuminati was a clandestine Masonic rite, meaning that it only pretended to have Masonic authority.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

the york rite? are you sure? the scottish rite is older. and i don't want to hear freemasonary was borne of england,because ther'e plenty of evedence of the contrary!
ok,now you make me have to go thru some books and research

Actually, the York Rite is older. The Scottish Rite was founded in Charleston, South Carolina in 1801.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

thanx tips! and 9 frenchmen protected all of palastine from the infidels to allow safe passage to the holy land!!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Of course not, but they certainly started with nine.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join