It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

google maps captures picture of dead guy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
i dont know what to say about this,

The continuing rollout of 45° “birds eye view” images across the globe1 has now revealed a real-life tragedy. On the railroad track near Sanford Avenue in the city of Richmond, California, we can clearly see a corpse lying on the rails.The ever increasing resolution of Google’s imagery has continued to reveal greater detail people’s lives – particularly through the Street View imagery – but this is the first time an aerial photgraph of such a graphic nature has been published on the site.We can’t be sure about the details of the scene – there’s no sign of injury from this distance – but the number of police officers and vehicles (both marked and unmarked) suggests that this is unlikely to have been a case of accidental death.The location however gives us more indication of what might have happened here. This track forms the apex of an area that is known locally as the “Iron Triangle“2. It’s a high crime area in the middle of a city that was in 2007 rated as the 9th most dangerous city in the United States.

There’s nothing to see in the aerial image facing east, but we can have a look from this direction on Street View – of course the imagery was captured on a different day, so nothing is revealed about the crime itself.Can anyone locate a news report or press release about the incident so we can try and work out what actually happened here? The time stamp on Google Maps claims this image was taken in 2012, but it’s unclear how accurate this is, so a specific date could be hard to pinpoint

You can view the map in both of the links below.

googlesightseeing.com...

edit on 1-3-2012 by moekuba because: add

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wow, I wouldnt say that it is as clear as the text says it is, but it certainly does lead your imagination.

Its pretty hard to decipher a situation simply from one image...

edit to add:
Now I have seen the rest of the images....
Definitely police presence, and it does indeed look like a crime scene...
can't necessarily say that its a murder though,
edit on 1-3-2012 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

Thanks for editing the title, much more accurate now!
edit on 1-3-2012 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Not so sure about the murder part...

We can’t be sure about the details of the scene – there’s no sign of injury from this distance – but the number of police officers and vehicles (both marked and unmarked) suggests that this is unlikely to have been a case of accidental death.

www.disinfo.com...

...but interesting find.
edit on 1-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

sorry i dont know how to get the images to show up on my thread so you'll have to use the link

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
S&F nice find. Here's a list I found a while back with some crazy street view images. Here we have a list of 20 crimes caught by the google car. And last but not least we have the street birth here

Waldo is on a roof somewhere in Vancouver if you feel up to the challenge.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

lol some of those are pretty funny.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Somone shood do a site of gallery about google street findings.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure it's a murder or even that the guy is dead. Sort of looks like the guy has been arrested. Laying face down with his feet spread and his arms turned in. There seems to be one officer staying close by.

top topics

join