It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP PC David Rathband

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'd just like to take the time to pay my respects to PC David Rathband who was found dead at his home on Wednesday night.

The body of David Rathband, 44, was found by police at his home in Blyth on Wednesday night after officers received a report of concern for his welfare.

It would appear that Raoul Moat has managed to kill another from beyond the grave.

Raoul Moat victim PC David Rathband found dead at home

Personally I was absolutely gutted by the news, I've never met the man personally and have no connection to the guy but his story and the ordeal he endured moved me to tears from the start. I, like many others, thought he demonstrated a huge amount of courage and bravery in his road to recovery, it's just an absolute shame he couldn't cope in the end.

In the process of trying to deal and accept the events that happened to him, he lost his wife, family, job and finances, not to mention his eyesight and a quality of living that we all take for granted.

After everything he went through, he selflessly set up his own charity to support members of the emergency services who have been injured doing their "day job"

Here's a link: Blue Lamp Foundation

RIP David, I've got to say that your character has made a massive lasting impression on me, god rest your soul.
edit on 1/3/12 by Death_Kron because: spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Bump please

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Honestly, I never understood the reasoning for him being shot since he was just sitting in his car minding his own business but I also never understood the constant praise he got after that and now the 10 minutes dedicated to him every hour on 24 hour news channels.

I mean, he attacked his wife in a domestic abuse incident and was taken to court over it but the media seemed to act like "oh well, he's still a hero for surviving a gunshot to the face, let him beat up his wife for no reason".

Then again, I honestly sympathised with Moat. Didn't agree with him shooting people but I know what it's like to be driven to the edge, only difference between him and myself is that he actually did something about it.

new topics

join