It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic Eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I used to dream about having a computer the size of a hearing aid which was connected wirelessly to your eye, projecting images of the web page over your vision so you could surf the web anywhere you went, hands free...literally. The brain waves would register and be decrypted into a wide range of commands (essentially an entire dictionary's worth) as well as recognizing letter by letter commands...all in your thoughts.

This new development isn't far off. It's like an electronic eyeball...it registers images and modifies them according to your desire. Eventually, you could even project images over your reality!

So far, our display has only one pixel. But someday you could use the lenses to consolidate all the displays you interact with on a daily basis—your clock, computer, television and phone—into one personal display in your eye. In the distant future, your contact lenses could augment your reality. If you were in a bare hallway, the computer in your contact could put paintings on the wall.

Terminator Vision

This is the beginning of something amazing. Just imagine where we could go with it! New virtual worlds, high-end spas where you look up and see a brilliant blue sky and sandy beaches instead of a massage table, or recreate the worlds in which you play your video games. You can bring fantasy to life!

The possibilities are astounding...

edit on CThursdaypm474734f34America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
This is the beginning of something amazing. Just imagine where we could go with it!

In 1982, William Gibson imagined (in Burning Chrome ) that one could purchase Zeiss-Ikon eyes and become a recording star, filming from a very personal Point Of View your own experiences and the public would pay to watch.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So does this guy

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I've seen this vid the other day. I think this is what you're talking about

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Great post.

We're at a very critical stage as a species. We're on the verge of advances in technology and science that will change the world faster and in a more profound way than the internet and smart phones.

There's also an opposing force that's very negative. It loves chaos and that force wants wars and misery.

So the question becomes, will we overcome the chaos and advance to a new age of technology and science.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
reply to post by Starchild23

I've seen this vid the other day. I think this is what you're talking about

Yes. This is my dream of what will one day happen. Imagine all of the millions of terabytes worth of information the Internet has to offer...available with just a thought, right in front of your eye.

Knowledge would be as readily found as the sun during a cloudless day.

new topics

top topics

join