It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird "biting" pain while asleep, left a mark.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ManjushriPrajna

That looks like a human bite mark, with the absence of individual teeth impressions. I'm a criminology/forensics major so I have a bit of experience with stuff like that. I'm not really sure what to suggest because I'm pretty sure you would have known if a human had bitten you, lol. I guess just be aware and if it happens again, you'll know you've got something freaky going on!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

From what I've seen, that particular looking spider bite does not appear to be common to brown recluse. Usually the bite looks like what a bite from a spider would normally look like.

I've checked on Wikipedia about a brown recluse bite, and have had none of those symptoms I've seen so far. What happened felt like somebody was starting to sink their teeth into my skin. There was and is no pain or agitation, and the mark has not grown. It was just there when I woke up, and has not grown any after nine hours.

Also, as I had said before, I've checked extensively for any sort of puncture marks in the middle, and haven't found any.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

That's great news. Every BR bite I've seen/heard of has the puncture wound.

Well, whatever it is falls into the strange category at this point. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That appears to me to be a “bullseye rash”. There can be several causes for this including various insect bites, including the possibility of having Meningitis. As always, if something has physically changed from your norm, and you're not sure about it, you should consult a physician:
Bullseye rash causes

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
What about ringworm? Do you have pets - cats or dogs can carry it. Try some antifungal cream and if that has an effect overnight it is ringworm.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Day two, mark has remained the same since I first got it. Haven't been itchy, in pain, or displayed any of the brown recluse bite symptoms. Checked again for bite marks, haven't seen any. No other marks or rashes have occured.

As for pets, I have a dog, but she is regularly checked and given shots for ringworms, hasn't had any yet.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If that is a human type bite, I would seriously be scared.

I do come up with marks like that if certain things (bugs) bite me, almost identical to your marking, but usually extremely itchy.

Im surprised you've just left it, I'd be off like a shot to the docs just to confirm it wasnt a bite...if you have some kind of spirit trying to eat at you, you really need to sort it out

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
the human mine can actually dream some thing and it can really happen in your mind and it acts like you see it in really life

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Have you considered midjit vampires?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Bed bugs can hide inside of your actual mattress, some people never know they have them until they hire a dog that can smell for them and find where they are at. Bed bugs can be in your couch, luggage, anything that people sit are on for them to feed and live in.

naw, I've seen bed bugs and their bites first hand.
definitely not that.
they are small for one thing, and tend to bite in '3's' - breakfast, lunch, and dinner all at once, then they take a few weeks off. some are microscopic, the older ones can easily be seen with the naked eye. My mother in law had them in her retirement center. freaked me out

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay

definitely not that.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
Day two, mark has remained the same since I first got it. Haven't been itchy, in pain, or displayed any of the brown recluse bite symptoms. Checked again for bite marks, haven't seen any. No other marks or rashes have occured.

As for pets, I have a dog, but she is regularly checked and given shots for ringworms, hasn't had any yet.

Ringworm is not a worm at all. It is a fungus that grows/feeds on the skin. Very easily transferred. all animals can get it, people, etc. But what you have is not Ringworm either for sure, so do not panic over that.
So far I'm telling you what it is not, but I'm not helping you with what it is.
My first impression was a people bite without teeth marks. hhmmmm.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seconal

Originally posted by horseplay

definitely not that.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner!

I heard that on tv. but they do seem to bite in groups of 3. then they can go weeks or even months without feeding again. bastards.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This reminds me of the time I woke up with a scratch on the back of my head. Immediately checked my fingernails, had no blood on them. Not even under them. Checked my bed, nothing sticking out. No blood on the pillow, or sheets. The scratch was scabbed over and felt like it was burning.

Even tried to scratch myself to reproduce what was there, couldn't even break the skin if i wanted to. Nothing was on the floor next to my bed that could have been on it and rolled off either.

This also reminds me when I lived with my aunt and she got bed bugs. They leave brownish red stuff all over the mattress, this is their poop. You cannot say they're impossible to find, or see. I have had them crawl on me while sitting on my computer. One way to check would be to heat one spot of the mattress and see if they come towards the heat, since they think its a person laying in bed (dinnertime) and they become activated.

Looks like a person bit you, lol. Anyone sleepwalking?

edit on 2-3-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Day three. Woke up this morning, and the mark appears to be going away now. It must not have been a brown recluse bite or bed bugs either, as I still haven't had any other marks on my body in three days, even after checking the bed for any signs of bed bugs (bugs, dead bugs, eggs, etc.).

Whatever this was, it wasn't spiders or bed bugs, and if it was an accidental bruise, I have no idea how I could have gotten it. If I had hit the back of my leg on something hard enough to leave a mark like that, I would have remembered it.

I'm still curious if bruises can just "appear" somehow, like a blood vessel gets broken without getting hit into something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join