It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think aliens see all humans the same way "civilized" people see the "uncontacted" indigen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Have you seen Futurama? If aliens are like the ones on there I want to meet them
. "I AM LRRR FROM OMICRON PERCEI 8!!"

LRRR

-SAP-
edit on 1-3-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by JAY1980
I feel we haven't had contact with an alien species because our violent nature.

And I'm saying that if nature in space is anything like nature on Earth (eat or be eaten), then we would have nothing on them when it comes to instant violence and fury. Mankind didn't get where it is by rolling over and being breakfast for every bigger, stronger, faster animal on the planet. We did it by being bad ass. And it's not unreasonable to imagine that a successful spacefaring race would be even badder.

There might be all kinds, but the Vulcans are staying at home playing the lyre and talking philosophy over tea, while the Romulans are venturing out and increasing the glory of their Empire. What a tasty colony this could be.

If we make contact with ET, it's better that we fly there rather than they come here.

The other better scenario is that there is some ET balance-of-power politics, multiple powerful ETs, and getting medieval on our asses without provocation is contrary to their collective agreed-upon rules---not for our benefit, but because it upsets their negotiated politics, as then many other worlds would be open to retaliatory raiding or seizing from one faction to another.

edit on 1-3-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAY1980
I feel we haven't had contact with an alien species because our violent nature.

And I'm saying that if nature in space is anything like nature on Earth (eat or be eaten), then we would have nothing on them when it comes to instant violence and fury. Mankind didn't get where it is by rolling over and being breakfast for every bigger, stronger, faster animal on the planet. We did it by being bad ass. And it's not unreasonable to imagine that a successful spacefaring race would be even badder.

Very valid point... I also agree. You don't get to the top of the food chain by a fluke, you claw and fight your way to the top. Then claw and fight some more to stay on the top. Never really thought about the fact an alien species would have to used the same methods to get to the top. Perhaps to an extreme we can't even comprehend. If they are the little frail grey's we always hear about they would have had to take survival of the fittest to the extreme because of there small size and weak stature.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's easy to project our own Earthly dilemmas onto any number of imagined alien races, but to do so assumes that they are even subject to death or pain in the same ways we are.

There could be social dynamics among these celestial players that we can't even imagine.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Alpha Arietis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Arietis
It's easy to project our own Earthly dilemmas onto any number of imagined alien races, but to do so assumes that they are even subject to death or pain in the same ways we are. There could be social dynamics among these celestial players that we can't even imagine.

Possibly. But we can really only imagine what we already know, and the thoughts and actions of advanced superbeings are naturally going to be beyond us. On the other hand, if we're going to interact with aliens in any useful way, they would have to be enough like us to understand -- physical beings, mortal, able to experience things like gravity and light, communicate like us, organized socially, stuff like that.

Of course, the odds of all that happening appear astronomically high. Which is why UFO and alien reports seem much more likely to be the result of time travelers, and not "aliens" per se.

If, like "God," the aliens are unfathomable and incomprehensible to us, does it really even matter if they exist or not?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yes.

A more advanced race of aliens. Makes sense.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I believe they see the human race as a lost cause. A species easily manipulated and inherently evil and certainly not worth not saving.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
"Uncontacted"????? They are heavily involved upto their eyeballs in managing earth affairs and everyone on earth has missing time at different time periods, since entails far more time than could be manageble if 1 million crafts was going round the clock, the whole planet has missing time for times.

We're very contacted.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
You do realize that there are millions and millions of extra-terrestrial civilizations?

Yeah? If there are so many of them, where are they? They should be obvious, particularly the ones a few thousand years ahead of us technologically. And it would be highly unlikely that they all have agreed to keep us in quarantine or whatever.

But we listen, we look, and there's nothing. Nothing but excuses.

Flying over your head in a intergalactic vehicle neigh incomprehensible to us humans. Usually at a speed too quick for the eye to see, or in a certain mode that is out of our vision spectrum.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
There are many indigenous tribes in the world that remain "uncontacted" nowadays. Most are in the Amazon rainforest, and in the Andaman islands, off the coast of Bangladesh, in the Indian Ocean.

The reason why the governments of the "civilized" societies forbid any attempt of contact with those isolated tribes is to "preserve their culture and way of life". Government officials warn that trying to contact those peoples may destroy their societies and way of life.

Is it possible that the aliens have the same vision about the human race?

Maybe the aliens see humans as a "primitive race", and the reason why they don't disclose themselves to us, is because they fear that, if they do it, they risk to destroy our way of life, making our society to collapse.

So, they prefer to act like if we were animals in a zoo, or in a safari place. They only watch, to learn about the behavior of this "inferior species", but don't want to make full contact, because they fear this could disrupt our society and our way of life...

To be fair, you actually raise a potentially great comparison & example of what situation aliens "may" be in.

Think about it, if we asked the indigenous tribes to move into our flashy houses, drive our fast cars and take advantage of our technical xbox 360's, iPhone's and iPod's their society would collapse.

No society can, nor should be spoon-fed technologically advanced material before they've mastered it for themselves. That way, they're civilisation would surely collapse. Not to mention it's irresponsible.

However, I think this comparison would only apply if "insert alien race here" was only perhaps 1-3000 year's in front of us technologically, and the chances an alien race would "only" be that far in front are remarkably unlikely. Even we couldn't imagine what technology is supposed to look like in perhaps 500,000-1,000,0000 year's in front, if not more!

All in all, not a great deal of back-bone in this thread.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
this video may give an idea about their possible perception

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

I think we are doing quite well for a so called “primitive” race. I mean born on this lump of rock we call mother earth i think we are doing well, what we should have got was something far greater then oil on earth and we would be flying in search of life or something between those lines, we really don’t have any great feat of strength as humans i mean apart from creating weapons to kill each other or help each other
which in a way has made us quite advanced however i think we would have advanced more if it was for human greed for power and of cause the blindness to look pass our differences.

To be honest i think its to early as humans to deal with ET and i think ET would have nothing to do with us not because they don’t want to ruin our culture or how we govern ourselves . even if they showed out of the blue or we become advance enough to find them , we would somehow use them for our selfish need for power and control.

We hate each other for the race/skin/religion/country/gender and who knows what else lol so i think all that hate for each other will be focused on the aliens.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by d00d557
Flying over your head in a intergalactic vehicle neigh incomprehensible to us humans. Usually at a speed too quick for the eye to see, or in a certain mode that is out of our vision spectrum.

How is that any different than them not existing at all? If we could never communicate or interact with them in any way that is comprehensible to us, how are they practically different than clouds or rocks or the sound of one hand clapping? A what point do they pass from being incomprehensible to non-existent?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join