It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. prepared options to provide aerial refueling for IDF planes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff General Norton Schwartz said Wednesday that Washington has prepared military options to strike Iran's nuclear sites should conflict erupt, Bloomberg reported.

www.haaretz.com...

This is less than 0.01% of the actual "plan" I'm sure. US has a contingency plan to deal with every country on the plan in case of war, even their own. The US ACC's in the Persian gulf are part of the "plan" as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
This is less than 0.01% of the actual "plan" I'm sure. US has a contingency plan to deal with every country on the plan in case of war, even their own. The US ACC's in the Persian gulf are part of the "plan" as well.

You are correct on that. The one thing the US does better than any other is war.
No Out sourceing needed, Death ,Destruction and Carnage = Were Number 1.

Its actually the only thing left we Export.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I don't believe a word from haaretz, jpost, or any other Israeli propaganda websites.

That being said, why would Israeli planes need to refuel unless they were barred from Iraqi airspace.?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

That being said, why would Israeli planes need to refuel unless they were barred from Iraqi airspace.?

Apparently they can't make it round trip and they have a limited number of aerial refueling tankers.

It would be a formidable air campaign, but it could be accomplished,'' Deptula said. And it would take the United States to do it. "The Israelis have one of the most excellent, innovative air forces in the world -- that's not at issue,'' he said. But with the distances to be covered to reach Iran and the limited number of refueling tankers that Israel can provide, "there is a capacity issue.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Basically, if Israel does this, the US have to help them to have any kind of affect. The logistics are infinitely harder than Israels attack on Iraq's nuclear reactor in 1981.

edit on 1-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
all of the of the final preparations are being made. Russia and radars in Syria, everybody in their places

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Approximately 25 of the IDFs F-15s are the "I" model (israeli model) with conformal fuel cells. And about 100 of the F-16's are "i"'s also with conformal fuel cells. I can't find a listed range on these, but I think they can make the trip to Iran (if they cross Iraq/Saudi) without refueling, with the conformal cells (might need a drop tank or two as well,) but if they use JADM or something similar, I don't think they need a big loadout.

en.wikipedia.org...

They have several hundred earlier model F16's and F15s, but they would need to tank several times, they would likely be kept home to cover Isreali airspace.

That's assuming they don't or haven't secretly secured airfields elswhere. While it would be crazy, I think there had been mention in the news sometime back that Saudi might actually allow not only overflights, but basing for IDF planes. I doubt it, but the Saudi's dislike Iran almost as much as Isreal.

The planes cannot land or take off from a US Carrier as someone mentioned. The F15 and F16 are not built or designed for carrier operations and it is unlikely they could be converted either. A catapult shot would likely pull the nose clear off of an F16, and neither planes landing gear/undercarriage/fuselage can endure the shock from a carrier landing.

It would be tough without US support (especially tankers) but it could be done.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The Saudi's are already in a proxy war with Iran. As long as the public doesn'e know about it I would assume that there are some bases ready to refuel Isreali jets.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by moderateAmerican
The Saudi's are already in a proxy war with Iran. As long as the public doesn'e know about it I would assume that there are some bases ready to refuel Isreali jets.

though I think aircraft would be fueled in flight, Prince Sultan Air Base, psab as its called, I think is the only Coalition Forces air base in Saudi
added

It is possible that PSAB's air is too hot to float a KC10 or 135 on takeoff's

edit on 1-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The US has a Naval Base in Oak Harbor, WA. They fly the EA-18 Growler out of there. They fly over my house every day these days. The Growler is a jet that can fly at Mach 1.8
n is capable of carrying some weapons. Most importantly the Growler can jam enemy radar so that no enemy can see you coming. Amazing technology really. Israel used these jets against a Syrian nuclear plant a couple of years ago. These jets can block radar from picking up other jets as well and can also jam ground based aerial attacks. There are so many people that are against going to war with Iran on this site. Let's say we go to war. Are you going to be rooting for Iran? Why don't you move there then? We don't want you here.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This would make the USA guilty of participating in war too and would make those tankers and US airbases targets as well.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorsebeacon
There are so many people that are against going to war with Iran on this site. Let's say we go to war. Are you going to be rooting for Iran? Why don't you move there then? We don't want you here.

War? Ummmm, declaring war is passe.

What you meant to say is when the executive illegally bypasses congress and in an act of treason attacks a sovereign nation state without a declaration of war authorized by The People's representatives as demanded by the Constitution.

What a surprise! Americans who have no respect for the Constitution and who promote treason within the government don't want us "rule of law constitutionalists" here anymore? Shocking...

These tyrants are so proud of themselves as they have been perfectly successful at manufacturing wooden toy soldiers such as yourself. Soon they won't even need your kind anymore to operate the machine and you will be thrown into eternity's waste dump with the rest of the now useless cogs.

What's more, they don't even attempt to fool you anymore with the lie that your participation is an honorable quest with the aim of emancipating free men from the grips of dictatorship.

Now they just point at the map, whistle and call "here boy!". Off you run to play your part in the machination which our Forefathers specifically warned us against. Posterity will not deem it honorable to be a murdering tool at the whims and desires of an insane cabal who are just trying to enforce more efficient control over mankind in an attempt to crush us under their boot.

The fountainhead of freedom and justice is not down that road, you are going the wrong way...
edit on 3-3-2012 by METACOMET because: add

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
A bit more from bloomberg

www.bloomberg.com...

Air Force Chief of Staff General Norton Schwartz told reporters the Joint Chiefs of Staff have prepared military options to strike Iranian nuclear sites in the event of a conflict.

“What we can do, you wouldn’t want to be in the area,” Schwartz told reporters in Washington yesterday.

Pentagon officials said military options being prepared start with providing aerial refueling for Israeli planes and include attacking the pillars of the clerical regime, including the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and its elite Qods Force, regular Iranian military bases and the Ministry of Intelligence and Security. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because Pentagon plans are classified.

“There’s no group in America more determined to prevent Iran from achieving a nuclear weapon than the Joint Chiefs of Staff,” Joint Chiefs Chairman Army General Martin Dempsey told the House Budget Committee yesterday. “I can assure you of that.”

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
Approximately 25 of the IDFs F-15s are the "I" model (israeli model) with conformal fuel cells. And about 100 of the F-16's are "i"'s also with conformal fuel cells. I can't find a listed range on these, but I think they can make the trip to Iran (if they cross Iraq/Saudi) without refueling, with the conformal cells (might need a drop tank or two as well,) but if they use JADM or something similar, I don't think they need a big loadout.

en.wikipedia.org...

They have several hundred earlier model F16's and F15s, but they would need to tank several times, they would likely be kept home to cover Isreali airspace.

That's assuming they don't or haven't secretly secured airfields elswhere. While it would be crazy, I think there had been mention in the news sometime back that Saudi might actually allow not only overflights, but basing for IDF planes. I doubt it, but the Saudi's dislike Iran almost as much as Isreal.

The planes cannot land or take off from a US Carrier as someone mentioned. The F15 and F16 are not built or designed for carrier operations and it is unlikely they could be converted either. A catapult shot would likely pull the nose clear off of an F16, and neither planes landing gear/undercarriage/fuselage can endure the shock from a carrier landing.

It would be tough without US support (especially tankers) but it could be done.

There be MANY secret in the middle of no where desert runways with burried fuel reserves all over the vast kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The runway would look to be just a flattend desert area in the middle of no where so it blends in well for any Google Earth views. You would not see a runway. It's just prepared dirt that can handle aircraft landings, refuel and go. Been to one before. Just dirt, burried fuel and if your lucky an underground bunker of sort with survival supplies and a form of communication.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Yes...I've heard of that too. Or runways that are the color of the surrounding land and become visiable with lighting or a light wetting of the runway.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

They could always "lease" the aircraft. Then the tankers could either be, A) told to refuel these jets at these times on a lease. Or "B", Isreali crews could be trained, the aircraft leased, reflagged/painted, and then used. The US can't really control what they do with them while leasing them.

Technicality I know.....but, then the US isn't involved.

The Isreali's have I think 8 tankers. Not many, but enough to help a moderate sized force to the region. Having ours would be better though.

new topics

top topics

join