It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Satanism really evil?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by jNormal

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by jNormal

Its not evil, but it focuses on the material world as opposed to the spiritual...

Satanism is materialism...

And "evil" is subjective...

So for example, they would consider objects such a money more valuable than happiness and freedom?
Also, why do people always refer to Satanism as the devil, demons and evil?

Gnostics and christians have the same issue with the material world... they believe IT is evil...

No, creation is neither good nor evil, only us humans and God have the knowledge of good and evil.

Money is actually the ROOT of all so called "evil"...

No, the "lust of" money is the root of all evil.

Satan is the head demon.... thats why its called satanism... Look up the "satanic bible" by Anton Le vey... That will explain more then i can

Satan isn't a demon, he's a fallen angel. Of the highest order of angels, the Chrubim. Demons are the unclean spirits of the Genesis 6 mess. They cannot be redeemed.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I experimented with Satanism when I was younger. Is it evil?If you are a Christian, Yes, most definitely.
Why?
Because Satanism goes out of it's way to spit on the Christian God. It goes directly against Christianity, and focuses on indulgence at the cost of anyone who is not along for the ride.
It promoted selfishness, and a do unto others as long as you get what you want attitude.

Although it does appeal to the intellect. In an almost Atheist way.
However, the bottom line with Satanism is screw everyone else, just get whats yours.
Spiritually, it is an attempt at a fast track to personal empowerment, with disregard for personal safety.
If you have no empathy for your fellow human being, it is a great way to enjoy your life with total disregard for the afterlife, which it denies simply because of the Christian viewpoint on Good and Evil.

However, if you read the Satanic bible, and use what is in there, it does work.
Just like any other religion. Or rather, Anti-Religion.
Which is the other point of Satanism, the total denial of the existence of a all mighty creator.

IMO

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by Starchild23

faith has no part of religion .this is a middle ages christian threat that has stuck all these years!
faith was something the pope and the glergy demanded from the illiterate peasants they were trying to convert!
have faith my child,for burning you at the stake is the only way to save your soul from the devil. you can't praise nature any more,that is of the devil! god doesnt want you to do that have faith in what i say and i'll fast track you to heaven with this fire!!!!

Hahaha...religion is nothing BUT faith. If it were proven, faith would be unnecessary and you wouldn't feel compelled to argue about it.
edit on CThursdaypm525211f11America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

i have faith in myself,and my experiences. not the interpretations of someone else telling me what is the truth.
so i guess that means in non religious,i'm mystical!!!
but i do like to hear a good story!
revelations is a good one. even has a happy ending!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Money is actually the ROOT of all so called "evil"...

Wrong. The love of money is the root of all evil. If you use your money wisely to the benefit of others and to help those in need who have not, need food and are starving, need homes and are homeless, need clothes and are naked. Then it is not evil. Its not having money that is evil it is what you do with it that makes it evil.

If you have 100 million bucks sitting in the bank, and you pass a man on the street who is blind and homeless and do not have the mercy to help him in his plight, then that makes you evil because your seflishness and hardened heart will not allow you to care for those who have no one to care for them.

Yeshua desires mercy, not sacrifice.
edit on 1-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No, creation is neither good nor evil, only us humans and God have the knowledge of good and evil.

I believe Jesus would disagree...

John 7
6Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready.

7The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

Though its true "we" are the only ones that understand evil... The idea that materialism is "evil" is a part of the christian faith i believe... Not that i would know of course, not being "christian"... but Gnostics have the same belief...

edit on 1-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Okay, Jesus isn't talking about "the world" hating Him as the plants, or animals. He's speaking generally about humanity. Humanity will hate us as they hated Christ before us. And with that, I will agree that humanity is evil. And no, the Gnostics don't share the same beliefs. They believed everything material was evil, everything. Rocks, plants, animals, water, and yes humans. Because of this they taught Christ never came in the flesh, that He never left footprints, that He really didn't die on a Roman cross for humanity's sins.

edit on 1-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Okay, Jesus isn't talking about "the world" hating Him as the plants, or animals. He's speaking generally about humanity. Humanity will hate us as they hated Christ before us. And with that, I will agree that humanity is evil.

Perhaps you'd like to read my reply again... i didn't say the world as in "plants and animals"... I said materialism. Or the love of material things...

Though i would disagree that humanity is evil... We are created perfect... our thoughts and actions are what make us evil... And as i've said before... Evil is subjective... one persons "evil" is not necessarily the same as the next, but there is a general concencus.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I edited my post during your reply. And yes, materialism isn't Godly. But claiming anything material is evil in and of itself simply because it isn't spiritual is not a Christian thought. That's exclusively Gnostic.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

I edited my post during your reply. And yes, materialism isn't Godly. But claiming anything material is evil in and of itself simply because it isn't spiritual is not a Christian thought. That's exclusively Gnostic.

There isn't one "exclusive" belief on that subject... Remember, like Christianity... theres many different lines of thought in Gnosticism... Not all texts agree with the idea that "all material things are evil"... There are some that state that evil comes from within... and in the deeds/thoughts of the man.

163a) The untimely word is characteristic of an evil mind.

(165c) Untrue words are a characteristic of evil persons.

The belief of evil comming from within... is the same as Christians... correct?

Or does evil come from the devil and his minions in christian thought?

like this... (348/349) Unclean demons do lay claim to a polluted soul; a faithful (and) good soul, evil demons will not be able to hinder in the way of God.

edit on 1-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What are all those random numbers? And according to Christian doctrine I believe, anything that's rebellion against God and His sovereignty.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Reference points to different texts...

Many of the recovered Gnostic texts are just fragments of documents...

www.gnosis.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

The more you get into it, the eviler it gets, until you become lost, wanding around, Gothlike, trying to scare old ladies and freak people out with stupid tricks and shock tactics, while raising the self up to the highest God, and doing away with all rules. Then again, such pursuits have led some people to the end of evil, and to the beginning of an authentic spirituality of the loving and righteous kind, so who knows where you'll end up, but it's best to quit while you're ahead and get out while you can.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I can just imagine the squabbles getting ready to bust out in this thread...

The main point of Satanism is using dark energies to empower yourself, at the detriment of others. Negative energies attract, so you have to harvest negative energy in order to fulfill your desires...and if you don't harvest those negative energies, they will be planted within your life and plucked at leisure.

Basically, you balance on a swords-edge of happiness and despair. Where you fall depends on how you handle life...and generally, in Satanic cults, your life is pretty dark and gruesome. That's what Satanism is: negativity.
edit on CThursdaypm343440f40America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Satanism is very broad term, please specify. You could be talking about any number of these psuedo-satanic cliques running around thinking they're doing Satan's work.

The true purpose of the left path is self-deification, venerating oneself to the level of the Most High, and drawing energies inherent in nature. This path is not necessarily evil, just forbidden.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
I misread the title as "Is Santorum really evil?"

To which I'd say, yes.

Satanism, on the other hand, is not what the fearmongering Church makes it out to be. To my knowledge, satanists don't even worship "Satan," it's more of a branch of Paganism.

Every religion since Paganism is a branch of Paganism. It's just that Islam and Judaism took out the "many gods" and love of the planet and added in prophets and then when Christianity came along later, it reintroduced a lot of the lost Pagan traditions while keeping the "one God" stuff.

Satanism is all about the self. Worshipping the self as a temple because we only have one existence to live so why live it as a slave to others.

Also it teaches that we can indulge in whatever desires we have as long as it is:

1) consensual between parties

2) not breaking the law

top topics

<< 1   >>

join