It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God lead into temptation ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
How does God tempt ? In this prayer it says "Lead us not into temptation". Or am i misunderstanding this verse ?

Lord's prayer.

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your Kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins,
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom,
the power and the glory are yours.
Now and for ever.
Amen.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

no that's the other guy...

I believe it is intended to mean: don't be like that other guy, but instead deliver us from his invisible joojoo.

"but deliver us from evil"
edit on 1-3-2012 by clowdstalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

your reading this wrong!
the prayer asks god not to let us be led by temptation.
man was born of of original sin by the devil (eve-tree of life)
satan is the lord of this world and satan will tempt you!
man was given free will after getting kicked out of the garden.
the prayer is for gods strength to help you use your free will not to be tempted by evil!
hope this helps

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by clowdstalker

isn't that seduction ?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

the prayer asks god not to let us be led by temptation.

english is not my native language, but shouldn't it say "don't let us be led into temptation" ?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

the original wasn't writ in english either! ancient hebrew/aramaic.
english translations don't do justice to any ancient language!
there is an earlier version of this prayer int the egyptin book of the dead,along with the commandments(egyptians had a few more than 10!)
guess wher moses came from!? guess what religion he stole!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

You say man was given free will after the temptation of Eve by satan. This implies that Eve had no free will before.
This implies that God planned the temptation of Eve...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

edit on CThursdaypm595950f50America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Some of you may not know this, but interestingly enough, the Lord's Prayer actually corresponds to the chakras...

Link: Lord's Prayer Chakras

It also implies that part of the prayer was actually added in later...how intriguing.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

edit on CThursdaypm464650f50America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pica13pica
reply to post by reficul

You say man was given free will after the temptation of Eve by satan. This implies that Eve had no free will before.
This implies that God planned the temptation of Eve...

I like you. This is an interesting take on Original Sin.

There's a version of the story that says God didn't want to do it, but his advisors pointed out the lack of spiritual development and demanded a test...one that, should Adam and Eve choose to follow God's command, would leave them spiritually advanced (having made the "right choice") or, should they make the "wrong" choice, would give them the knowledge necessary to advance.

Win win.

It goes on to say that this is the purpose of the Illuminati: to provide the catalyst by which to learn from our mistakes and baser desires, thereby advancing spiritually. Clever, eh?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

So...
God has advisers who have ideas that God does not have?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pica13pica

So...
God has advisers who have ideas that God does not have?

I didn't say that. It could have been like that, but you're quibbling over the small details. I didn't know you were Christian...

By the way, the god most pertinent to this matter is not the Infinite Creator, but our local god...a sort of "governor" as compared to the "President". It would be a more accurate analogy if our governors and congressman and president were all different parts of one being...as are the "Gods" of our universe.

If you choose this point to stop paying attention, that's alright. Not everyone is willing to accept the nature of the universe.
edit on CThursdaypm515115f15America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pica13pica

she was tempted by the devil remember?!
adam & eve were innocent before she commited the original sin,like children being offered candy from a stranger.
she didn't know what sin was,and was offered to be like god - seeing good and evil!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I'm certainly not a christian and i'm not offended.
I was just thinking out loud about what you wrote...

Btw; i saw a BBC doc that this prayer can be linked to julius caesar....
I will try to find it on the net.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

what kind of god would set up his own creation to fail by putting the serpent in the garden in the first place?
or the devil is just as powerful as god and snuck in there with out god knowing!!!!!!

doesn't god 'know all'? i guess not! (stupid god!)
isnt gods creations perfect???!!!!!!!!! i guess not!(stupid eve!)
well i guess god got somethig right --- lucifer! look how god let him have his way with job!

must be a pretty insecure god if he has to test us mortal humans all the time to see if we still love him

isn't that why the greek gods dissapeared because we stopped worshiping them
just saying.....!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I'm certainly not a christian and i'm not offended.
I was just thinking out loud about what you wrote...

Btw; i saw a BBC doc that this prayer can be linked to julius caesar....
I will try to find it on the net.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul
[more

Do you mean lucifer as in the morning star or as in satan?

2nd

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Matthew 6:13 "And do not lead us into temptation" should be rendered "into time if testing"
The request "do not lead us into temptation"is not to suggest God causes temptation, but is a rhetorical way to ask for His protection from sin.

Many times in the New Testament we are told to perservere through our trials/temptations/testings, even rejoice in the fact
James 1:2 My brothers and sisters, count it all joy when you fall into various trials/temptations/testings, 3)knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience/endurance. 4)And let patience/endurance have it's perfect effect/work, so that you will be perfect and complete, not lacking anything.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

she was tempted by the devil remember?!
adam & eve were innocent before she commited the original sin,like children being offered candy from a stranger.
she didn't know what sin was,and was offered to be like god - seeing good and evil!

They were curious of duality...
Before 'the fall', they (we) were not in a state of duality...carnate/incarnate (and all that goes with it)...
...and because ALL created entities have FREE WILL 'built-in', they chose that 'fate' of thier own FREE WILL...

No Santa, no d-evil...no duality...just entities with FREE WILL...

Being incarnate...we are in a state of duality which creates the idea of opposition...good/bad, evil-good...hence the concept of oppositional natures (devil)...and following from this, the concept that we get 'saved'...relegated to either camp...
The reality is far simpler...
All entities have FREE WILL as an operative 'function' (at all levels), it is the 'dice' all consciousnesses hold in a game where we are the players, not God...the results this dice-throwing (FREE WILL) has produced (since 'the fall' - from non-duality) an ever-cascading series of consequences from said, dice-throwing...

'Temptation' was a choice, produced by the function of FREE WILL...
The rest is history...

Akushla

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

i prefer the morning star - venus.
satan means advesary,its a title,not a name.(wouldn't moses be the satan to pharoh?)
look up the latin translation of the greek translation of the ancient hebrew translation! then you get the name lucifer.
in greek it just means venus,or light bearer.
in the bible it is taken out of context to scare poeple.
show me the part of the bible that tells the fall of lucifer from heaven.(not revelations please)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join