It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron paul "Thorn in the flesh" of the Fed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I love how this video begins, stating that Ron Paul is the thorn in the flesh...

This is totally true and just one more reason to vote for Ron Paul and more importantly to join in your local meetups to become part of the only way we will see him vindicated against the black balling he has received in radio, newspapers, TV, and mass media.

This is such an important video, please watch and spread it until it is viral. Facebook it, tweet do whatever it takes for everyone to understand how he thinks and is willing to fight for the right of our country and of truth in finances, employment and taking on the FEd something no other individual has the balls to do.

edit on 1-3-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Who exactly benefits from Paul's "end the Fed" stance? Those with gold. Who has the gold? Not the United States. Who is Ron Paul actually campaigning for? Not Americans.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Who exactly benefits from Paul's "end the Fed" stance? Those with gold. Who has the gold? Not the United States. Who is Ron Paul actually campaigning for? Not Americans.

Dude, you really got to get out more.
The Fed with their money policy is like a huge Mafia Family that get's a "taste" of almost every dollar spent , and respent in the USA.
Wouldn't it be nice if your friends needed to borrow say 1 million dollars, so you went to your garage and printed up, out of nothing, 1 million to lend them.

Of course , when they pay you back, you get 1,100,000.
Nice profit , out of thin air.
Then because of the "thin air" money made, the US Greenback loses value.
A dollar in 1913 is worth like 7 cents now.
(GOLD, .... I'm fighting the reach to use emoticons.)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Well after you watch and listen to the video, you better rush right down and buy yourself a few more worthless CDs...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
In the first few words he actually begins to say "Threat" but changes wording mind thought...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

The Fed with their money policy is like a huge Mafia Family that get's a "taste" of almost every dollar spent , and respent in the USA.
Wouldn't it be nice if your friends needed to borrow say 1 million dollars, so you went to your garage and printed up, out of nothing, 1 million to lend them.

I completely understand the perils of fractional reserve banking, and that practice needs to be addressed. However, the Federal Reserve has just as much gold as the US Bullion Depository, and the Federal Reserve can claim it at any time to pay off a portion the Treasury Department's outstanding debt.

Now, consider the amount of gold held by the IMF and European Central Bank, and then tell me who really benefits from an "end the Fed" policy.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Do you know where the fed acquired all the gold? Edit to ask you once again to watch and listen to the video.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Now, consider the amount of gold held by the IMF and European Central Bank, and then tell me who really benefits from an "end the Fed" policy.

Ok, I'll give this one last attempt to show Gold is a non-issue.

Of ALL the Gold EVER Mined , at a value of 1900. a ounce, the total of that Gold value is 9.2 Trillion.
Wouldn't even paid off the National Debt.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 1-3-2012 by Tw0Sides because: link

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I watched the video, and Mr. Paul stammers and talks in circles. It's become clear that Ron Paul's ideas benefit the Federal Reserve, not the American people.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

While the total value of mined gold may or may not equal the Treasury Department's debt, future investment and growth in America can only be funded by foreign economies if we jump to a gold-backed currency. That's frightening.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Sweet this appears to be an extended version of the video which was posted earlier.

No body is smart enough to have central economic planning. - Ron Paul
He is completely right about that, and furthermore I would say the economy shouldn't be tampered with in the first place, and their main tool for "adjusting" the economy certainly shouldn't be inflation. The money supply should just be set in stone and left to it's own natural processes without being tampered with by so called economic planners. Printing more notes wont help anything, it will just end with a completely worthless currency and you'll need a shopping cart full of notes just to pay for something. That is why I believe a fiat currency can work fine, as long as the volume of the currency remains steady and avoids manipulation. If we could create gold out of thin air people would be trying to tamper with the price of gold through their stupid "planning" concepts and eventually make it worthless. Luckily that can't happen with gold, and that's why it holds it's value. Bitcoin operates on the same principle, that the volume of currency should be set in stone. Even gold isn't as good as bitcoin because when we start mining other planets we could start finding ridiculous amounts of gold.

reply to post by DaTroof

I watched the video, and Mr. Paul stammers and talks in circles. It's become clear that Ron Paul's ideas benefit the Federal Reserve, not the American people.

Actually he speaks fluently and makes very good points. And how does ending the Federal Reserve help the Federal Reserve exactly?

However I think you have a bit of a point about a gold standard currency, and I would like to see this issue debated in much more detail.
edit on 1-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

ron paul has a lot of gold and silver!! he would be all set.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY
reply to post by DaTroof

ron paul has a lot of gold and silver!! he would be all set.

This is true, although I'm not sure if you're joking or not.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The Federal Reserve would benefit by having legal rights to claim the gold (whatever is left of it) in the US Bullion Depository in Fort Knox. The US would be left with next to zero wealth, and the Federal Reserve bankers would just take their wealth to a foreign economy, like India, and invest heavily there. Ron Paul's ideas benefit foreign economies and bankers, while hindering domestic growth and non-international corporations. No economic growth = no jobs.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

The Federal Reserve would benefit by having legal rights to claim the gold (whatever is left of it) in the US Bullion Depository in Fort Knox.
Why would they have that legal right? Because the Government needs to pay back everything it "borrowed" from the Federal Reserve? If that is the case, then the Government will just declare that debt null and void, throw away the Federal Reserve Notes and shut down the Federal Reserve as a central bank.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by DaTroof

The Federal Reserve would benefit by having legal rights to claim the gold (whatever is left of it) in the US Bullion Depository in Fort Knox.
Why would they have that legal right? Because the Government needs to pay back everything it "borrowed" from the Federal Reserve? If that is the case, then the Government will just declare that debt null and void, throw away the Federal Reserve Notes and shut down the Federal Reserve as a central bank.

The Supreme Court would never void the debt. US Treasury Bonds can be sold before maturity, but never voided.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

In the video Ron Paul discusses just that, he says to Bernanke that he likes fiat money and Ron Paul like honest money backed by the old standard of gold and silver. Ron goes on to tell him that perhaps finding middle ground would be worth discussion.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Ron Paul discusses that with Bernanke and says that if he borrows 100 dollars today and tries to pay back only 90 in 2 years from now, it would be aggravating, but that is what is happening. That it is stealing.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

I completely understand the perils of fractional reserve banking, and that practice needs to be addressed. However, the Federal Reserve has just as much gold as the US Bullion Depository, and the Federal Reserve can claim it at any time to pay off a portion the Treasury Department's outstanding debt.

No, the Federal Reserve reports that they have gold in their coffers. There is no proof, and they refuse to allow anyone to audit them to prove that there is enough, or any, gold to back their debt holdings. Facts are good, mmmkay?

/TOA

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Here is a new video which you may enjoy. NO MORE BIG BUSINESS/GOVERNMENT

top topics

<<   2 >>

join