It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of young entitled people discussing with Judge Judy why they get free rent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This just came on the email from the same person who sent me the video...

Subject line : Definition of Irony

The food stamp program, part of the Department of Agriculture, is pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the Park Service, also part of the Department of Agriculture, asks us to "please do not feed the animals" because the animals may grow dependent and not learn to take care of themselves.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

If he's getting more than 5,500 he's got a loan and he has to pay that back. I don't believe this mess for one second.

Even if it's a government loan, the citizens still loaned it to him without so much as a by-your-leave. And while he is supposed to pay it back, our government is currently deciding whether or not to forgive non-payback of loans, and/or reduced payback of loans. Leaving us on the hook either way.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by antonia

Not sure how much of this is going on.

$5000 would not pay for school and living expenses any place I know of.

Some of the posters have written about personal experience with this.

It seems likely to be true. It rings true to me.

www.collegeboard.com...

The average is a little over 8000 year is state. At my school it's a little over 6000. It depends what school you go to. If you go to your average state 4 year college you will pay less. I've had to pay out of pocket for what the grant doesn't cover. There are plenty of other students who do the same. The only way this guy could qualify for the housing grant is if he was disabled. Certainly he could lie about that but that's still not enough to get up to 22K a year. Personal experience is evidence of one's life not the lives of other people.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

If he's getting more than 5,500 he's got a loan and he has to pay that back. I don't believe this mess for one second.

Even if it's a government loan, the citizens still loaned it to him without so much as a by-your-leave. And while he is supposed to pay it back, our government is currently deciding whether or not to forgive non-payback of loans, and/or reduced payback of loans. Leaving us on the hook either way.

/TOA

You seriously think the government is going to let them off the hook? The only way to get off right now is to be permanently disabled or dead. Considering how the whole "Homeowner bailout" went I'd be holding my breath on a bailout for people who have student loans.

Either way you pay for idiots like the one shown in the OP (if it's even real). You do it in a prison or you do it on the street-Take your pick.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

So you equate people on foodstamps to animals.

seek help.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Judge Judy looks a lot like my mum (god rest her soul) and whenever she tells someone off it sounds just like my mum! Gives me flashbacks and everything!

Go JJ we love you!

Rev

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Can not claim credit for the clever quote.

However, the precedent of the first thanksgiving embodies the same idea.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Great catch on the video and thread for it. Wow.. I'm stunned. There are so many things wrong here I don't know quite where to begin in my thinking. I suppose the first is what hit me hardest. He's had 3 years of College, according to the video and what Judge Judy says a little after the 5 minute mark regarding 70k. After 3 years of college, his verbal skills are still at the level of a High School dropout.

That blows me away more than any other single thing. Whatever his major is, there are absolutely pre-requisite classes that must be passed as part of the requirements to any degree. English Comp is one of them. In my College, public speaking is one that is heavily pushed as well, but almost every class has presentations to the class for each assignment...to build that skill. Err... Where the heck is he going to College??

Next we have the most obvious for the Judge. He taps every source for help and money, then blows it on himself and to heck with anyone else. I LOVE the part where he says his paying rent is represented by his simply BEING there as a 21yr old with an older woman. As if he's so valuable and special, that his mere presence is worth the cost of supporting him. Entitlement mixed with something worse.... I can't imagine how this fine, upstanding citizen will function or live at all if he isn't being supported, 3 years of College sure hasn't helped a bit for budgeting time and money in his world.

A final point though.... The thread seems filled with people who know all about what FInancial aid is., does and what limits it carries. Well... I don't claim to be any expert. I'm just in school myself and actually in a fight with the school over FAFSA Aid right now. To add a little on this point..... My personal figures for THIS SEMESTER are a total of $6,800 (Multiply by 2 for full year amount) and I'm told Pell will be higher next year. Now that $6,800 is split between Pell, Sub and Unsub loans. All federal though and all coming from a single source application and process with FAFSA. So... 70,000 sounds very realistic to me when he's tapping every other agency who'll let him in the door as well. My numbers represent one of the lowest cost undergraduate programs my state has available in the community college level. People paying taxes really really don't want to know what the figures are if I proceed to Masters or the final level. Annual aid gets downright stupid for numbers after Associates level schooling.

edit on 1-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hey Wrabbit,

Great analysis.

My 19 year old is going to community college for the first 2 years to save money. Living with Mom and Dad, ya know. CA has historically been one of the less expensive places to go to school so I am hoping we can afford it when he hits the big time in a couple of years. Still paying off my own loans.

It is a disturbing video.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Not to knock the guy's chosen field of study but he sure didn't seem very serious about anything. 3 years of College and his English is barely decipherable. Not only is our government failing us by giving people like him a free ride so are the colleges if this is what 3 years of intensive study will produce.

This guy may be a typical example of public assistance fraud, I don't know personally. But i would bet you anything someone, somewhere in the higher ups of this world wants to make sure that things like this go viral to help keep up the race and class antagonism that is strangling our Nation. Just his morning I saw a news report of a 30-something woman with 12 kids getting housing, clothing, toys and financial help yet she was required to nothing. Small wonder the typical taxpayer is boiling with rage because most of us have never gotten any kind of government breaks, in fact most of us have been held under a microscope for the smallest of things like forgetting to include a $200 gift on your taxes or paying the same amount because your turn signal went out.

What he's doing may be wrong but the bigger issue is how the media and government are playing us against each other, rich and poor, black and white to keep us from focusing our attention on the fat cats who have gamed billions of dollars at the taxpayers expense.

End result of Judge Judy sending this tape to Congress?: new regulations enacted costing states millions while never truly stopping the problem but appearing to address it. Same old game over and over.

Peace,
ATA
edit on 1-3-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

VERY well put! Had I read this earlier I would have rescinded my statement about sending that tape to Congress.
In fact I do rescind. Thank you for the intelligent clarification on this. Too true and too right. Typical to spend even more money when nothing gets done. An endless cycle that really goes nowhere.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

/TOA

You seriously think the government is going to let them off the hook?

I dunno. You'll have to ask Obama about that

The only way to get off right now is to be permanently disabled or dead. Considering how the whole "Homeowner bailout" went I'd be holding my breath on a bailout for people who have student loans.

See above link.

Either way you pay for idiots like the one shown in the OP (if it's even real). You do it in a prison or you do it on the street-Take your pick.

Whether he's real or not I can't say. But he is a real representation of today's college students, and the people we have to pay for. I have a responsibility to three people: my wife, my son and myself. I'm not averse to helping someone out if I have the means, but our government couldn't care less if anyone really has the means to help out or not. They just take from us and give to them.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by antonia

Not to knock the guy's chosen field of study but he sure didn't seem very serious about anything. 3 years of College and his English is barely decipherable. Not only is our government failing us by giving people like him a free ride so are the colleges if this is what 3 years of intensive study will produce.

edit on 1-3-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

Which is why I don't buy it. There is no way someone like that gets through a classical music program. If you believe the crap you see on TV I've got some lovely beach front property in Antarctica to sell you.

If you want to talk about welfare fraud then let's fine REAL examples, not some fake made for TV crap.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Whether he's real or not I can't say. But he is a real representation of today's college students, and the people we have to pay for. I have a responsibility to three people: my wife, my son and myself. I'm not averse to helping someone out if I have the means, but our government couldn't care less if anyone really has the means to help out or not. They just take from us and give to them.

/TOA

How is he a representation of college students? How many thousands of people are in college? This is one guy.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

In my personal experience I'd say he represents about 15-20% of the student body where I am. Not much...and thats by no means a scientific number, of course. It sounds about right to the attitudes and statements I hear around campus and in classes. It's JUST enough to really play heck when resources are tight already and degrees are losing value for how many are churned out like booby prizes at the fair...and how low some places are bringing those standards so guys like this pass at all. My two cents.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Wait wait wait waittttt.... just a frikin second.

"young"

First off, 30 isn't "young" .. a 30 year old is not a "kid" ..

Yeah the youth in this country, including my generation (25) believe there are skittle #$%%ing unicorns, rainbows and leprechauns that will give us all we need.

But to say that entitlement is a youthful crisis is ignorant to an extreme. 30 for instance is not "youth" .. and there are far, far, faarrrr more middle aged people on welfare than young people. Why? Because most young people, unless you have children, would never qualify for most of the benefits because a record number of them live with their parents.

My generations is totally screwed up because of this recession .. but I feel what you target them with is highly unfair. And downright wrong.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
reply to post by kawika

So you equate people on foodstamps to animals.

seek help.

People ARE animals man, and if they aren't trained to do otherwise they just sit out in the field waiting for feeding time...essentially what we have now! First and third Tues here comes the feed truck.... I paid for my education on my own, I completed my course and now working on my Paramedic, STILL paying for my self... My wife went to school got Student Loans... I am still paying those back out of my tax returns being seized! She has never made anything of her schooling, why feed truck stopped! This is ridiculous and the fact that there are still citizens out there that defend this system of arbitrary assistance is just unbelievable.... If you are going to go to school and earn your way fine, However to be a professional student and gripe about how you are OWED that money.... you should be forced to do a semester out on the street, see how many Bachelors PHDs and Doctorates you run into out there... you would be surprised... Why the animal got lazy.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Occupy Personal Responsibility
Occupy Self Reliance
Occupy Hard Work
Occupy Independence
Occupy Dignity
Occupy Self Respect

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It's not just minorities getting these handouts. It's the "working poor" or people in the low income bracket.

What gets me, is a lot of these kids who are getting grants to attend college are graduating out of high school with poor GPA's. Yet our government awards unmotivated and lazy students our tax money to attend college? The colleges don't care because they know these students won't last a semester, yet they still get their tuition.

Students who don't graduate high school with at least a 2.8 grade point average, shouldn't even be allowed to get any kind of grant from our government. Anything lower would be like throwing our tax payer's money down the toilet.

Our government isn't motivating these people to work, but allowing them to become bums and become a drag on society. It's become a way of life, generation after generation.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

I have a background in avionics from the Navy and I can't get a penny of free money from the government to pursue an Electronics Engineering degree and I already have over 100 college credits. Maybe I should re-apply for aide after I switch my major to Music studies.

This is exactly what is wrong with my generation and our government does enable this kind of waste.

you sound a little bitter. just because you couldn't get a free loan, don't begrudge a fellow citizen who is playing the game better than you.

he hasn't done anything illegal.

your tax dollars are funding over 500 members of congress lavish lifestyle, salary, healthcare and transportation.

and they haven't even touched their pensions yet. not to mention the military industrial complex and the defence industry which are skinning the government coffers alive.

it's all wrong, but you should be angry at the real problem.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join