It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you vote for if there was a general election tomorrow? (UK)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I would probably vote UKIP or the British Freedom Party, what about you?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It would definetely not be labour, probably UKIP, but even some of their policies leave a lot to be desired. The only problem is the colour changes but the policies remain the same

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

What would I do? Sweet F A just like all the other elections. Your vote counts for little in the grand scheme of the owners of our countries.
ETA The UK used to send me voting forms years ago, I think they gave up cos I never sent a single one back. I am English, just in case.
edit on 1/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm not sure, I'm a left-liberal.....I don't know much about our Liberal party apart from they are not popular, my family raised me as labour, although I know they're more trouble than they are worth.....as for conservatives, I don't agree with many of their policies, however they have done a reasonable job at recovering the mess labour left behind :s

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'd vote for no-one, they're all the same.. Rich toffs squabbling and taking backhanders, I wont be a part of their system.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

just to try to rectify the re writing of history. There was a world financial crisis in 2009 and the system which had been built by both the conservatives and New Labour started to show it's fragility. It was not a 'mess labour left us with' it is a mess which was an inevitable consequence of the over inflation of the credit markets, which was wholeheartedly supported by the tories and the Blairites. personally, i would not vote labour until they offer alternative policies, and start standing up to the finacial sector and the City of London Corporation. I was bought up an 'old' labour supporter, and have in the past only voted labour because they are not the tories. All the parties are fighting for the middle ground. There is very little to choose between them...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by theGreatunhosed

The mess Lie-bour left was all the years that tax receipts were up, you know the years before the crash, they wasted money like it was going out of fashion. Everyone knew the bubble wouldn't last, but did they put any of the extra cash to one side..did they F... We had good years, very good years in fact. especially when you consider that the average house price under lie-bour (the party of the working man.. ha ha ha ha what a laugh) increased from the average of 3 to 3.5 times that average wage to 8 to 8.5 times the average, they didn't increase the threshold at which you pay stamp duty. Why, because of the extra revenue, it's when you take things like that into consideration you realise how royally they screwed this country

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ukip, reluctantly... They seam closer to my beliefs than most other parties but there is somthing I just don't like about them I can't put my finger on what it is though.

The only other two political parties worth anything are the libertarian party but thats small and ripping itself appart with scandal and infighting last time I looked and the Pirate party but they're no particularly big in the UK at the moment.

I would seriously consider voting for any party that I believed would implement proportional representation though!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I would personally stroll straight into the polling station tomorrow and vote UKIP after being a lifelong voter of the Labour party (as is everyone in my county), but i find the only person who speaks any sense is Nigel Farage.

If there wasn't such a racial stigma attached to UKIP i think they would be alot more successful now, but now alot of people realise they aren't just another BNP they are gaining ground on the other parties.

My vote will change from Labour to UKIP unless any party proves to me that they want the UK TO COME FIRST, ALWAYS!

new topics

top topics

join