It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia accuses US of meddling in vote

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
As for Putin, doesn't his rigged elections and non willingness to hand over the reigns of rule in a fair election make him just another dirty politician?

And what was wrong about his tactics?

He served two terms as president. Putin could not lead a third term because that was against the Russian constitution. Medvedev, a Gazprom CEO, replaced him as Putin's choice to carry on the national agenda. Medvedev chose Putin to carry on his role in managing national affairs as prime minister. Now Putin is probably going to be president again because he is still advancing the national agenda.

Americans have absolutely no right to criticize Russian politics. Americans became a plutocracy after the Citizens United ruling (in 2010) which allowed corporations and lobby groups to sink unlimited funding into presidential campaigns, all the while the funding is guarenteed to be kept anonymous. Anybody with the right amount of money can buy the presidency of the US, and the US will carry out the will of the richest financier.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Ive never said our system doesnt have problems to be fixed, we all realize that. And in my opinion rigging an election is wrong when the people are being told they have a choice and don't. He could at least say screw you my fellow Russians I'm not leaving, at least he'd be more honest with it.

Americans have absolutely no right to criticize Russian politics.

As an American, I have the right to criticize, and share my opinion on any matter I please. I will continue to do so whether it is liked or not.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Ive never said our system doesnt have problems to be fixed, we all realize that. And in my opinion rigging an election is wrong when the people are being told they have a choice and don't. He could at least say screw you my fellow Russians I'm not leaving, at least he'd be more honest with it.

Americans have absolutely no right to criticize Russian politics.

As an American, I have the right to criticize, and share my opinion on any matter I please. I will continue to do so whether it is liked or not.

Putin rigged the election? He didn't give a choice to his people? Where do you get your information from?

Take a good look at who Putin's top rivals are. They are neo-nazis, neo-liberals and neo-bolsheviks. Do I need to explain more?

And yeah, speak all you want about the internal affairs of other countries. You can cry about democracy all you want, but your country has moved a long ways away from democracy. Your country's foreign policy is not about spreading democracy or political choice for other people, unless that choice benefits American business interests.

Why do you think Putin would accuse the US of interference in Russian elections? Because Putin is a major obstacle in the way of Americanization of the world. Obviously they would interfere in his country.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletWitch

Looks like Russia is calling the US out. What I find telling is the statement "The days when Russia could be lectured or preached to are over"

Russia is 100% NOT a US ally in any way shape or form. They go against the US in any vote they can. They side with anything and anyone that is NOT US.

I always thought it to be a slim chance, but I could see a cold war coming to light here soon. That is if we aren't already seeing it now.. What do you think of this?

wires.univision.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is temporary as Putin is deperate to grab hold of a specific voting demographic that longs for the days when Russia was a Super Power. Saying is different from doing. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Your missing my whole point. I am trying to say that just because its coming out of a mouth of a foreign official doesnt make it true. Just like many here don't believe the US MSM. You cant automatically believe these foreign leaders either just because they speak anti American sentiment. You seem to be missing the point of my op, and putting your anti American anger on me. Just remember not all of us agree with our leaders 100 %, especially on our newest foreign policy. I am saying people on here are wishing for death and destruction of innocent human beings in our own country and soldiers who have nothing to do with these policies that are forced on us. I DO NOT wish to see that. Propaganda is flying out of the mouths of all our leaders right now, and its terrible.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Your missing my whole point. I am trying to say that just because its coming out of a mouth of a foreign official doesnt make it true. Just like many here don't believe the US MSM. You cant automatically believe these foreign leaders either just because they speak anti American sentiment. You seem to be missing the point of my op, and putting your anti American anger on me. Just remember not all of us agree with our leaders 100 %, especially on our newest foreign policy. I am saying people on here are wishing for death and destruction of innocent human beings in our own country and soldiers who have nothing to do with these policies that are forced on us. I DO NOT wish to see that. Propaganda is flying out of the mouths of all our leaders right now, and its terrible.

WTF are you talking about?

Because my opinion isn't pro-American, I am somehow just taking the words of foreign officials to design an anti-American statement?

Who says I am even using the words of foreign officials? Actually, a lot of what I stated about Putin in this thread came from the words of an American professor who specializes in the geopolitics of energy (Michael T. Klare).

A lot of presumptions on your part.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

It is interesting you should mention that persons name and what he has talked about. As most informed people know...the Arctic Sea Ice will be a thing of the past...very soon. Many countries are HIGHLY interested in drilling the area...Russia so much so....that they actually used a Small Deep Diving Sub to place a small Russian Flag at the bottom of the Arctic Ocean as if to say...WE DECLARE THIS OUR PROPERTY.

The U.S. Navy is gearing up to be able to properly protect Shipping Lanes of the Arctic Ocean that were not available in the past...as well as get in on protection of Drilling Rights of both the U.S. and Canada.

I am interested in what you got out of what he said. Did he mention in what you heard....the Huge Effort that Russia is trying to amount in the way of Naval Capacity to warn off would be Drillers on their claim....and how the U.S. is considering to extend the Carrier Nimitz....which was to retire shortly....to be used as Arctic Patrol Carrier Group?

The Russians cannot hope to match U.S. Naval power but they are seriously dumping some major money into retrofitting some older craft plus the Russians have the largest and best fleet of Ice Breaking Ships in the world.
Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

and a lack of cited / linked references for people to see where your info comes from on your part. As for the rest of your comment yes, that is exactly what you do. Ignore facts that dont fit / support your argument. The example your looking for is constantly stating Israel has nuclear weapons when their government has never confirmed it. You ignore that fact and talk about intel sources / people who exposed it etc... Good enough for you to go after Israel.. So when the exact same things occurs with Iran, you ignore all of the facts and make excuses.

We have it in this thread as well, where everyone jumps on the Putin bandwagon while ignoring the fact Putin is having a tough time since getting nailed for rigging the last elections. Putin, like Ahmadinejad, are using the classic distraction to take peoples anger off of them and onto another target, like the US or Israel.

So yes, your posts and threads are anti American folded into

reply to post by SplitInfinity

There is a thread on here somewhere that talked about the issues in the Arctic and the nations involved. For some strange and unexplainable reason, China has laid claim to the arctic as well. Not really sure where they are getting a claim but they are demanding to be included.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

THANK YOU! Thank you for allowing me to find someone here who understands that the REALITY of things are much different than what alot of people are spouting about in this ANTI-U.S. BULL that has people actually supporting and defending people like Putin and the IRANIAN LEADERSHIP....we have no problem with 90% or more of the Iranian people who are BEGGING THE U.S. FOR ASSISTANCE....to get rid of their Leadership and bring in a Democratic Government.

It KILLS ME to have young students here in North America...defending a Goverment such as Irans that KILLS KIDS...tortures them to DEATH for information....has hired thugs of the Government dress up as protesters to infiltrate Pro-Democracy groups so that they can Beat the Males almost or to Death and Rape the Women.

Then I get pegged as some arrogant American who should leave poor little Iran alone....oh and China is not so bad and the Russians went from a true democracy back to almost a full blown dictatorship under PUTIN...former head of the KGB while Putin and his Guy's from the Cold War...make threats to the U.S. for political reasons...threats they can't back up. The U.S. knows this....PUTIN knows this...but the old Soviet aged vote is something he needs.

The U.S. could take on a simultanious War with China, Russia, North Korea....and a host of others with a new generation of Weapon systems that PUTIN has been aware of for years...Russian spycraft is still good. The Chinese had to be told...directly...notice how nobody heres talk about China Invading Taiwan or How North Korea has been VERY QUIET since U.S. disclosure of our Military Capability? NOT A PEEP!

The disparity is so great...it completely shut down Chinas program for a U.S. Carrier Killer. The program is gradually slowing down and will eventually stop....but the Chinese now know...this program is futile against what U.S. Carriers will have for defense...as well as all acompaning Aegis Cruisers....and the SM-3 is opperational NOW....in numbers in the tens of thousands by just a solid fuel upgrade and a few Super Computers integrated with targeting and aquisition.

NOW...the U.S. can spend some money on OUR infrastructure. PUTIN accusing! LOL! That's like the FOX blaming the hound over dead chickens in the hen house. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
So yes, your posts and threads are anti American folded into

My posts are anti-American because the ideas, opinions, and facts that I write about are not Americentric, and the burden is apparently on me to cite the references for such ideas, opinions or facts, otherwise they are automatically anti-American; case being where I wrote some facts about Putin, and suddenly the facts changed from being anti-American, presumed to be based on the words of Putin, to legitimate when I had to state that it was an American scholar who stated the information.

Am I the only person here who sees this as absolutely freakin' rediculous? What do you expect of me, to heil Obama and salute the American Global Empire? I'M NOT AN AMERICAN AND THUS I DO NOT HAVE AN AMERICAN MINDSET. THIS DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MAKE ME ANTI-AMERICAN.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Meddling in any country's vote is an act of war.

What about domestic meddling in our vote?
Treason, right?
Talk about hypocrisy! With all the leaks of voting fraud in our own (USA) country as the POTUS election gathers steam, it seems we (they who are orchestrating the whole thing) have little room to judge. Shameful.
*facepalm*

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Americans became a plutocracy after the Citizens United ruling (in 2010) which allowed corporations and lobby groups to sink unlimited funding into presidential campaigns, all the while the funding is guarenteed to be kept anonymous. Anybody with the right amount of money can buy the presidency of the US, and the US will carry out the will of the richest financier.

I have no idea where you live, but I agree with you. The oligarchy in the USA right now is as far from true "democracy" as it can be. There is (in my mind) no doubt that the POTUS elections are completely rigged. I am expecting the delivery of a bumper-sticker that promotes "Stewart/Colbert" as P and V OTUS.
When I receive it, I will put both that one and the Ron Paul sticker I was given (by request) the other day.

It disturbs me greatly.

What is your (or anyone else's, for that matter) opinion on the value of attending a "caucus"?
We have one coming up Saturday.
But, as I understand the history of it, it has more to do with a private committee choosing the 'nominee' behind doors than it does with popular interest.
Ever read Taylor Caldwell's Captains and the Kings?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
nvm...
edit on 5-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Um, X, I was agreeing with you.

It is a Republic at best, an Oligarchy at worst (and most likely at real-life level).....
right?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

No.. what makes your posts Anti American is your inability to look at something in a subjective manner and apply common sense. Instead anything stated about the United States from a foreign country is automatically true, while you ignore any and all information to the contrary.

That position alone makes your view anti american. Your inability to apply common sense to a situation to see, for example that all politics are local, meaning Russia and Iran have consistently used the blame tactic on outside influences in order to win an election.

Putin with his anti amrican diatribe and the Iranain governments constant accusations against Israel and the US whenever they need to shift attention away from themselves.

You have no problems accepting "intelligence information" about Israel and its nuclear program while dismissing the same when it comes to Iran's nuclear program.

Your inability to understand and flat out ignorance when it comes to the United states is what makes your postion anti american.

World English Dictionary

anti-American
— adj
opposed to anything of or relating to the United States of America

an·ti-A·mer·i·can
   [an-tee-uh-mer-i-kuhn, an-tahy-] Show IPA

adjective
opposed or hostile to the United States of America, its people, its principles, or its policies.

noun
an anti-American person.

A defintion you fit to a "T".

edit on 5-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join